GPGSL Season 5- S6 CALENDAR VOTE RESULTS

Posted by GPGSL 
nice to see both cars on points:-),but we need higher places to confirm the good start into melbourne,but it's ok for now:-)

also,can we send boost for next round?

My GPGSL Career
JohnMaverick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> senna9194 schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > mmm what about creating a betting system?;)i
> > indicated VSM for the pole and got it!(no i've
> no
> > relatives with Paul)
> > i would become rich;)
>
>
> You can't imagine how much I laughed when I read
> your post asking for VSM on pole ;-)

;)

My GPGSL Career
Boosts for the next round can be sent after the Free Practice of any round.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Zsigmond, that was a fantastic drive. Always nice to get a top five finish and I'm going to assume he gets a bonus point for most places gained too?

Jethro, another spin... just get it into the points next time okay.

John, fantastic coverage, some decent little commentary too, enjoyed it!

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Thanks for the great coverage John, well done. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
CHAMPIONSHIP TABELS

BOOST TABLES

RESULTS TABLES

I think a great example of why video is better than screenshots is the fantastic battle for second early in the race.

If this race had been done with screenies we all would have all missed that battle because in the end he never got
passed and there would have been nothing to take screenshots of..

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
@John, i've only watched the first 10 minutes - and personally, i don't like the coverage very much.

- You missed important happenings and overtakes at the start of the race
- the focus was WAY too much on Nick and Matt, even though nothing happened there
- I didn't get to see the DNF of my driver at the first laps of the race

The commentary was good though, maybe a little bit 'dull', you could have spoken with more enthiousiasm.

I'm not trying to blow you off, but if this is the standard for the race videos (even though I haven't seen everything of the race) then I rather go back to screenshots.
It takes forever to load the whole vid on youtube, even with my good connection (around 45-50mbit).

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Nice to get a couple of points

X (@ed24f1)
We are falling back....
Macca25 schrieb:
> I think a great example of why video is better
> than screenshots is the fantastic battle for
> second early in the race.
>
> If this race had been done with screenies we all
> would have all missed that battle because in the
> end he never got
> passed and there would have been nothing to take
> screenshots of..

MDBSnake schrieb:
> @John, i've only watched the first 10 minutes -
> and personally, i don't like the coverage very
> much.
>
> - You missed important happenings and overtakes at
> the start of the race
> - the focus was WAY too much on Nick and Matt,
> even though nothing happened there
> - I didn't get to see the DNF of my driver at the
> first laps of the race
>
> The commentary was good though, maybe a little bit
> 'dull', you could have spoken with more
> enthiousiasm.
>
> I'm not trying to blow you off, but if this is the
> standard for the race videos (even though I
> haven't seen everything of the race) then I rather
> go back to screenshots.
> It takes forever to load the whole vid on youtube,
> even with my good connection (around 45-50mbit).

How different opinions can be ;-)

@Maikel:
1. It is absolutely impossible not to miss any overtaking at the start. Even when you do pictures, you have the same source from what you see, it's just that it's not so obvious that you missed some overtakings when doing pictures because the spectator doesn't see what's going on around the little screenshot which was taken. So in the end, I think the spectator sees more at the start in a video than with pictures. In addition to that it's the same in real TV. The cameras concentrate on what is happening in front, first. Maybe you get a review later. But showing a review here in my coverage would have meant to film the whole scene (with rewinding etc.) and then cutting it out later again. And I simply haven't had the time to do this this time.

2. As you see, I used the integrated Race Director for the footage most of the time. And as you all know this thing jumps to the scene with the most action, most of the time at least. In fact there wasn't much action at the track except of the battle between Nick and Matt. You said that nothing happened there. In the end you're right. But in every round something COULD have happened there. That has nothing to do with me wanting Aston Martin on screen as much as possible or anything like that, it was just the only source of action for most of the time. And as you see, other people liked to watch this fight. In the end again a reference to real TV, F1 for example. The cam stays where the action is. And if a fight goes for 10 rounds and there is no other action at the track, then that's the way it is.

3. I'm very sorry that you missed the DNF of your driver. But in fact this has nothing to do with the video coverage. I simply missed both the situation and the message during the race because I was so excited of what was going on at other parts of the track. I only recognized Fuh being a DNF after looking at the results at the end of the race. So, as you see I would have missed this anyway. Again, sorry for this. But I think something like this can happen.

4. Regarding my comments being dull and without enthusiasm: I already said that English isn't my mother tongue and I had to concentrate very much on firstly talking not too much grammatical bullshit and secondly on what was going on there at the screen. In addition to that the season is early and I don't know driver-helmet combination which made it a bit difficult to separate drivers from each other, sometimes. And not to forget the fact that a microphone dulls your voice a bit in general, maybe you've recognized that already if you've listened to your own voice taken by a mic. So, if I would have talked in German or would have been used to that a bit more, I suppose I would have been a bit more enthusiastic :-)

Anyway, I thank you for your constructive critics, although I'm not really at your side, regarding this. I really don't want to offend you, but it would also be helpful to watch the whole video before criticizing things like "there is too much focus on Nick and Matt". I suppose it's hard to value this when you haven't even seen a quarter of the race.
I liked making this coverage and I'm very thankful that some others of you liked it as well. But as it seems further discussion is necessary if a video coverage is to be repeated another time or not.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2010 01:53PM by JohnMaverick.
Go us!

TBH I haven't seen the whole race either. I've only watched a few parts. I don't really like the video coverage either, while I really do appreciate the huge amount of effort put in. It was an hour of coverage, which is too long IMO. Maybe a 10 minute highlight video is better?
Nickv Wrote:
> Go us!
>
> TBH I haven't seen the whole race either. I've
> only watched a few parts. I don't really like the
> video coverage either, while I really do
> appreciate the huge amount of effort put in. It
> was an hour of coverage, which is too long IMO.
> Maybe a 10 minute highlight video is better?

+1 on that. Video highlights would be better. If we're going to watch the whole race, I think we'd need some people to volunteer to be commentators, and we would need the video high quality (720p or something) to make it all worth it, however that would take 2 Ice Ages and the time I've drinken my coffee to export/finish compressing or whatever you call it :)

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2010 02:25PM by msater.
:( 17th.
WOOOOWWWWAAAAH Great result there ! RICK YOU BEAUTY WE WON ! WE WON ! :D:D Wow that feels good after such a long time to win again as a teamboss :D

And Keeley was onlyy JUST outside the points, Its forgiven babe, im in one hell of a good mood now anyways...

@John, About the coverage... I like the video coverage but indeed its too long, i dont want to be an @#$%& John you have put one hell of a lot of effort in it and it turned out great but as Nick mentioned a highlight video will do the job aswell ;) Anyway i dont mean it negatively, you did a great coverage. BIG RESPECT TO YOU!.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
I really like the full length so maybe theres a way were you can do a full length video and a short highlights video aswell?

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Deleted for personal reasons.

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2010 04:45PM by MDBSnake.
Well, I'd say there's nothing more to say on this. I noticed your points.

@Rico
Please don't get me wrong. I enjoyed doing this coverage and I'm glad that you all make proposals to improve it. So no need to feel sorry for constructive critics. Nevertheless the accent is on "constructive" and I have to agree that I'm not very happy with Maikel's behavior. He knows that now and that's it, for me at least.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2010 04:44PM by JohnMaverick.
here is that part where my season goes into turmoil. every bloody season this happens
Don't worry man, both these last 2 races you've been taken off the track

Also check out the Constructors Championship and compare them to the boot tables, where doing awesome

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy