GP4 Builder Texture Mapping

Posted by Willb 
GP4 Builder Texture Mapping
Date: February 28, 2010 11:19PM
Posted by: Willb
Hi all,

Having a bit of a struggle with some mapping and hoping you lot can help me out. I created this texture (Saved as jpg with max compression and watermark ;)):

[dl.dropbox.com]

and I have scaled the UV coordinates so it no longer looks stretched, however in the part shown here i have 4 faces, and it seems the mapping does not run consistantly accross them, normally when I put faces in a part the mapping just works but here we can see the texture is cut off and the same section repeated instead of the bottom half of the texture being mapped:

If anyone can help that would be really great :).

This is my final push at getting something out the door before I leave GP4 modding behind and await codemasters offering :). I feel as though I can't leave GP4 until i've at least released a fairly decent version of this project so stay tuned.

Thanks again,
Regards,
Willb

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2010 11:20PM by Willb.
Re: GP4 Builder Texture Mapping
Date: March 01, 2010 12:30AM
Posted by: Lo2k
It seems you will have to set UV mapping coords manualy for these 4 faces...I can't see any other solution.

Date: March 01, 2010 12:40AM
Damn, I have no idea how to work out what values should be, ill have to give it another look tomorrow. Whats the easiest way to set the manually, using just the U and V inputs on the vertex properties as at the moment these are filled with numbers which I don't understand *whoops* :(

Ideally I would like to combine the 4 faces (sort of opposite to subdivide faces) into just 2 faces as I think that are all on the same plane, but perhaps not.

Thanks Lo2k :).

Date: March 01, 2010 01:38PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
I could help you mate, just give me a PM. :)

Silverstone 2005 is finally coming? ;)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: March 01, 2010 04:10PM
Turbo!! Perhaps, it's only going to be 4.5 years since development started... *Whoops*, yes working a nice new version for everyone as a leaving present from me ;-). Can i pm you in 3-4 hours for a hand? Ill pm you my MSN/Skype addy if you have either of those as that could make things easier?

Thanks a bunch man, really appreciated.
Ta regards,
Willb

Date: March 01, 2010 06:13PM
I'm having MSN, yes. Just PM your MSN name and i add you for a nice litte chat. :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: March 01, 2010 11:42PM
@Willb : If you ever intend to learn a bit more about texture mapping, I wrote this little tutorial some years ago.

Date: March 02, 2010 08:50AM

:)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: March 02, 2010 04:32PM
Posted by: peekay
Looks ace Ruben ! :)
Date: March 02, 2010 06:18PM
Thank you Philipp, nice to see you around again. :)

Some news about your tracks?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: March 02, 2010 06:55PM
Posted by: Briere
yeh, look who's back ! Welcome back Philipp ! Long time no see :)
Date: March 02, 2010 09:54PM
Pitlane mapping finished, see the picture above. Hopefully Willb doesn't mind posting somekind of a sneak preview from the whole track.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: June 26, 2016 05:55AM
Posted by: livejackass
Hi all,

can someone tell me what happens with this object that added this car.

Here in Gp4 Builder

Here in Teameditor

Here in the game..

I tried everything to match colors but something happens in the object that can not figure out. I imported this object to the GP4Builder by extension 3ds.

Grateful if you can help me.
Date: June 26, 2016 11:07AM
Hi, did you place your custom .tga textures into the CamTexture folder next to TeamEditor.exe ?

Date: June 26, 2016 08:23PM
Hi Lo2k thank you for your attention :)

I usually yes, in this case did not put. But I understand that this does not prejudice the outcome in the game, or interfere?

I think I got a solution to this case, I imported the part in .gp4 format. So could any solution. Now I predict big challenges..lol

Can you tell me why this happens? and if I can do something to solve?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2016 08:28PM by livejackass.
Date: June 26, 2016 10:03PM
Are you speaking about car shadow ?
If so, you can change default shadow texture which is in the RESOURCE folder of GP4.
Or maybe there's a setting to force GP4 to cast the real mesh shadow in one of the config file (I'm not sure about this one)

Date: June 27, 2016 12:24AM
Sorry, my English does not contribute much to the understanding. lol

But I mean the pilot, it changes color during the game, depending on the point of the track.
Date: June 27, 2016 02:49AM
Posted by: Excalibur
Are you using lower lods for your car? If yes, I would say that the mapping of your body driver is out of the UVMapping square. Check the UV mapping into zmodeler. It could be the reason....

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: June 28, 2016 12:56AM
Hi Excalibur,

I do not use lowers lods. Does the mapping is the problem? thank you for help and attention.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2016 12:56AM by livejackass.
Date: June 28, 2016 01:12AM
Posted by: Excalibur
Not sure at 100% but I suspect a mapping problem. It could be also a texture/ alpha problem or a bad tga to tex conversion (you can check if your tex files has got 4 mipmaps for each one, for example)...
Otherwise, send me your car and textures files so I can check...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy