Btw i sended you a pm...

Re: WIP Autódromo da Madeira fantasy track
Date: January 15, 2008 08:04PM
Posted by: neldav03
Any news on this?
Date: January 15, 2008 08:21PM
Posted by: paranoik0
Sorry, the progress on this has been completely stopped the past 3 weeks due to having to focus on my graduation project. Except today I added like, 5 trees to the scenery, lol.
Date: January 15, 2008 08:43PM
Posted by: guigus_f1
Your track is interessing and accomplished weel.

It's your first tract?
Date: January 18, 2008 02:12PM
Thanks, and yeah, it's my first track.

More proof at my noobness at driving:

. The textures and buildings taken from the DTM tracks have improved the looks a lot, the kerb texture alone is enough to make a huge difference.

Anyone knows a good method in Photoshop/Gimp for creating verge textures, I mean, for example those textures where tarmac and grass blend together?
Date: January 20, 2008 06:32PM
Some big progress the last couple of days:

- added fences, 3d tyrewalls and marshalls to the entire track
- added lots of trees and some adverts to the final part of the track
- added tarmac verges around all the kerbs that were on top of gravel, and fixed a problem with some kerbs that made the car unstable when riding them
- completely remade .col file from scratch
- started messing with the magic data, i think i found the "correct" level of grip for the track, plus the fuel consumption has been fixed, although it still needs minor tweaking - it's now finally possible to have a full race against the AI without everyone running out of fuel.
- improved track cameras yet again, although it still needs a bit of minor tweaking

List of things still to do:

- the main problem is now the entire area around the pits/main straight which is still a bit abandoned. I've got permission to use the grandstand from Zandvoort and the pitbuilding from Oschersleben but just to place them is already a bit of pain in the ass because every object needs to be grouped together, moved to the correct place, and un-grouped again to ensure the track won't crash. I'll eventually do it, heh. Other things I want is to make the track PLUS-compatible and add all those neat lines around the pit entry and exit, the grid marks, etc, I still need to figure out how to do all those things.
- CC-line still needs to be remade. I'm crap at it, don't know if I'll be able to do it properly.
- I still want to add lots of random crowd here and there, and a couple more buildings from the original GP4 tracks - currently the scenery is a lot of trees and too few buildings.
- Some details with textures.
- Some minor graphical glitches that I might not even fix, cause I don't know how, and it's kinda disguised now with some trees in front of it :P

And that's pretty much it. I'm starting to think it won't take too long to release it - but probably I'm going to stop the progress for a couple of days again.
Date: January 20, 2008 06:33PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
That looks very good.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: January 20, 2008 06:53PM
Posted by: Ruboy
If you need help with the cc-line and JipMappings (grid lines, pit lines, etc.) I could help you. At the beginning it takes a lot of time to figure out how to achiev the wanted results but I can do it quite quickly.

Date: January 20, 2008 07:09PM
I could help you out with the tv cams, paranoik0.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: January 20, 2008 08:38PM
Well, thanks guys, any help is appreciated. Do you have MSN or something so I could send you the files?
Date: January 20, 2008 10:22PM
Posted by: Ahlex
Looks superb !
Date: January 20, 2008 10:52PM
Posted by: danny87
Ahlex Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks superb !

It really does, well done.

-----------------------------------------------

"When you begin in this sport you are given a chequebook. Every time you have a big one you must write a check to the angels. The trick is to finish your career before you empty the chequebook".
Date: January 20, 2008 11:11PM
paranoik0 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, thanks guys, any help is appreciated. Do you
> have MSN or something so I could send you the
> files?

I don't have msn, maybe you could upload it to rapidshare,or send it via email but not more than 11 mb..my account does not allow more :(

Date: January 21, 2008 04:01AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Nice progress.

Cheers :)
Date: January 21, 2008 11:13AM
Posted by: gildoorf
Hi there...

about jipmappings... Yep, Ruboy is really quick :)

Date: January 23, 2008 08:39AM
Cláudio, is it possible that your track uses the wad file of Hockenheim instead of the Hungaroring wad file?

Your track is very long and 12 cams is imo not enough to cover your track properly.

It's possible, but you can't have close up shots. Hockenheim has 18 cams, that is enough.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: January 23, 2008 10:22AM
Well I know that would be much better, but I don't think it's possible to change now to Hockenheim. We'd have to re-make the .dat again on top of the original Hockenheim .dat, and transport all scenes and textures to the Hockenheim .wad, I think?
Date: January 23, 2008 10:47AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
no, you dont have to do that - just rename all the hungaroring2001 files/folders to hockenheim2001

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 23, 2008 11:01AM
Yes, I also noticed it...12 cams is not much...I also rename the track so that we can have more cams.

Date: January 23, 2008 12:36PM
Posted by: drt01
paranoik0 WROTE
> - added fences, 3d tyrewalls and marshalls to the entire track....

Is there a method to create easy 3d tyrewalls, like create fence with gp4 builder?

thanks
drt01
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy