Uploading Files on GrandPrixGames.org [updated]

Posted by Lo2k 
Uploading Files on GrandPrixGames.org [updated]
Date: May 31, 2006 07:31PM
Posted by: Lo2k
IMPORTANT NOTE :
You only need to follow the below procedure if you want to UPLOAD files (share your files with other players).
To download files, you only need to be registered on the forum. Our download section is here

As most of you have seen, the design of GrandPrixGames site has completely changed lately and these changes also act on user accounts.

Most of our veteran uploaders have still their rights but some of the occasional uploader have lost their rights in the change and are now in the same situation as any newcomer.

So here is the new procedure to get an access to upload your files on GrandPrixGames again (or a new access for any newcomer) :
- First you need to be registered. It's free and will only take you one minute, clicking on "log in" text at top right of the forum and following the steps.
- Once you're registered, log in and go to "My Control Center"
- Select the left line "View and Join a group", choose "Software" in the list and hit Join button.
- To speed up the approval step, just send me (Lo2k) a pm explaining briefly what kind of file you are wishing to upload.
- Once I will receive the message, I will decide to approve it (or not). This could take a couple of days, depending on my free time but at the end, you will have an answer and get an access to file upload (or not).

I hope everything was clear, if not, just reply to this mail and I will update/fix this howto text :)

Thanks for your comprehension,

Laurent aka Lo2k

Second part of this message :
You were approved as a Software Member and you want to upload one of your files.

Procedure is very simple:
- Go to GPGames Homepage
- Click on the Download section
- Choose the game your file was designed for
- Choose the sub-section corresponding to your file
- Create a new thread. Here you can attach a file that will be uploaded on GPGames or make a link to it in case of an external file. Be sure to always give filename, filesize, file version and file description at least.
- The posted thread will not be online immediately but will be approved by myself before being online, which should not take more than a few days in the worst case.
- Once the file will be approved, you will find it in the same game/sub-section you selected before posting your file.

I hope I was clear again, else just contact me to tell me what's missing :)

Greetings,

Lo2k

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2007 09:52AM by Lo2k.
Re: Uploading Files on GrandPrixGames.org
Date: May 31, 2006 07:38PM
Posted by: b-tone
Good work Laurent :)
Do you know if the old file download counts still exist?

____
Tony

Date: May 31, 2006 08:25PM
Posted by: stephan
b-tone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good work Laurent
> Do you know if the old file download counts still
> exist?

Yes its still exist but at the moment I don't know have time to migrate the old filebase to the new one.

But If you add all of your files to our new filebase you can send me a pm to migrate the download counter value.

cu

Stephan
Date: May 31, 2006 08:49PM
Ok Stephan.
Is it possible to add a extrnally hosted files?
Some mods are over the limit here, but I still want them listed on GPG :)

btw, thanks for all your work on the site and forum - the new site is looking great so far :)

____
Tony

Date: May 31, 2006 09:05PM
b-tone Wrote:
> Ok Stephan.
> Is it possible to add a extrnally hosted files?
> Some mods are over the limit here, but I still
> want them listed on GPG

Yes you can add an url to your download.
For testing use this Test Forum
[www.grandprixgames.org]

> btw, thanks for all your work on the site and
> forum - the new site is looking great so far

Thanks.

--
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: May 31, 2006 09:24PM
I just made a little change in the howto because there's no automatic mail sent to me, thus I ask everyone to send me a pm after the group change attempt.

Date: May 31, 2006 09:50PM
Is this forum just for approval until the files are pt in some download section?
I have disabled hotlinking from my site, so I could either link to the site, or I guess approve hotlinking for GPG.

____
Tony

Date: May 31, 2006 09:58PM
b-tone Wrote:
> Is this forum just for approval until the files
> are pt in some download section?
> I have disabled hotlinking from my site, so I
> could either link to the site, or I guess approve
> hotlinking for GPG.

The easiest way for you is to approve links from GPG.

cu

Stephan
Good day. Laurent.

I have just recently joined your website. Recieved some helpful info from other members on finally getting GP4 to run (after attempting for 4 years!). I would wish to download the 9.6 patch. Do keep up the good work, mate.

Robert.
Re: Uploading Files on GrandPrixGames.org [updated]
Date: May 06, 2007 11:31PM
Hmm, Hi Robert,

Your post reminds me I really need to clarify two things for everyone :

1. I'm not the owner of GPGames in any way, nor the coder behind the forum, nor a webmaster or anything else (but site banner and site french traduction if you're really into details). What I really do is approving your demands to be able to upload files on gpgames and I also approve files themselves before they would be online. And that's pretty all.

2.You don't need to ask anything to DOWNLOAD files. If you want to DOWNLOAD files, your forum registration was enough so all you need to do now is browsing in our Download section and pick the file you need.
You only need to ask for an account change if you want to UPLOAD files on gpgames (what means you created some mode/texture/anything and you want everyone on gpgames could download and use it). In that case and that case only, yes you need to ask for an account change.

I hope you understand there's nothing personal with you, Robert (and welcome on gpgames by the way), but I wanted to clear things up a bit for the future :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2007 11:36PM by Lo2k.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy