The Ultimate Track Editing Guide V1

Posted by zeppelin101 
The Ultimate Track Editing Guide V1
Date: April 17, 2006 06:28PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Another long hard slog and a big dive into 3d editor and the workings of GP4 bring you this, my (possible) final piece of work toward track editing.

It's a pretty complete guide, it doesn't tell you everything, it's meant to get you started on each part of the track editing process, and give you hints and tips + shortcuts to fine tune your track and make it exactly how you want it to be.

It's exclusive to realgpx, so please don't upload it anywhere else, if you can't access realgpx for some reason, write it down here, and I'm sure someone will be kind enough to email it to you :)

Remember, this isn't the guide that makes you create the bestest track ever made for GP4, it's just gonna get you started :)

Link to access: [www.realgpx.com]

Enjoy, and here's hoping we see some fantastic new tracks from you guys :)
____________________________________________________________________________________
Link to the recent track editing discussion thread [www.grandprixgames.org]
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2007 11:25AM by mortal.
Re: The Ultimate Track Editing Guide V1
Date: April 17, 2006 06:32PM
Posted by: barbos
Thanks zeppelin101! :)
Very good job! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: April 17, 2006 07:04PM
Posted by: TTM
Thanks Zeppelin101 and good luck for your future projects. :)
Date: April 17, 2006 07:25PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
thanks tom...this guide.. was a long time in the making....i agree about lo2k's /mavericks /schutt1e's early works inspiring so many of us to make our own tracks...when i started to try this track editing thingy there were no guides..just schrolling thru posts/sending pm's to get the info...thanks to many...../mavericks guide being a huge /huge help....i gained the knowledge needed...still learning....with a guide you still need the time/interest/commitment/to make a working ..track...i had many/many/hours experimenting with 3d editor to find out what did what.....i always said make a basic fantasy track at first to gain the skills needed for the more presise real life tracks.........this guide is a good starting point but i'd say read mavericks guide also....thanks...............
Date: April 17, 2006 07:46PM
Posted by: gildoorf
Very nice job, mate... Finally :)

In near time I´ll publish a guide to create smooth elevations too...

I think sharing knowledge is very important to GP4. And I thank you so many people on this forum... You´re one of them, be sure.

Cheers!
Date: April 17, 2006 07:47PM
you would be a perfect example of sharing knowledge gildoorf also...you have worked with many on you track projects to great success.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2006 07:50PM by jimbob1.
Date: April 17, 2006 07:51PM
Posted by: Ruboy
Woo, just read the complete tutorial:)

It's great. Thanks for the effort:) Maybe more people will have a try on track editing now.

Date: April 17, 2006 07:55PM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
zeppelin101 thanks a lot for this usefull guide! I'll post a news on gp4italia now but not the guide as you want ;)
Thanks a gaint to you, Lo2k, and everyone who contribuite to track editing knowloedge ;)
Date: April 17, 2006 07:56PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
@Ruboy: That's the plan ;-)

@jimbob: Damn right mate

@gildoorf: We aint gettin nowhere if we don't share what we know ;-)

@ttm: Thanks man, looking forward to your melboune update, look promising :)
Date: April 17, 2006 08:55PM
Posted by: orjanbye
Thank you, Zeppelin! :)

This will certainly be helpful for lost newbies like me.
Date: April 18, 2006 07:25PM
Posted by: Ruboy
@Tony:

Maybe you could add the link for this guide to the 'The GP4 Tracks Thread - Sites, Links & Editing'-sticky-thread.

Date: April 19, 2006 01:10AM
Posted by: Prblanco
I can't wait to read this, should be a great work. Now that RealGPx works for me it's fine :)

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: April 19, 2006 01:16AM
Posted by: JamesM
Hey Tom, as soon as I set my new pc set up (ordered btw, thanks for your help!) I'm gonna sit down and go through this to see if I can finish Speed Village.

I'm gutted I didn't get a mention in the credits though :( hehe ;) looks great mate :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2006 04:01AM by JamesM.
Date: April 19, 2006 01:26AM
Posted by: Prblanco
Just read it, great! Great job, Tom. I was looking for something you could have missed, but haven't found anything ;)

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: April 19, 2006 01:39AM
Posted by: GLD
Great stuff, thanks a lot!!

Please click my sig!
Date: April 19, 2006 04:00AM
Posted by: JamesM
Lloyd! I thought you died or were abducted by aliens or something :o

Date: April 19, 2006 06:25AM
Zeppelin101 may i translate this very nice Guide into Spanish and publish it?

Cheers.
Date: April 19, 2006 09:05AM
Posted by: fongu
looks ace mate :)

Date: April 19, 2006 09:54AM
Posted by: erwin_78
Can you add....

That CROWD objects added with "FULL" in the object name will hide free practices. Same as the grand stand seats (forgot how it's named at the moment) will hide during grand prix's.

I know that NTREE and FTREE are different, because FTREE will not show reflections in wet weather conditions. NTREE does. This might be the same for the NBUILD FBUILD, but never tested it.
There is somethings similar with the guardrails...

It's been a long time since it tested these things, so you might want to test it yourself to make sure.

There are much more things to find out, maybe i will get back at this testing things...
Date: April 19, 2006 12:38PM
Posted by: GLD
Hehe James....nah i didn't just snowed under with uni work...its a bit rubbish but hey :p all over in a month :)

I then intend to take full advantage of this tutorial

Please click my sig!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy