GP4 Track Editing - new new thread

Posted by markko 
Re: GP4 Track Editing - Can't load textures!
Date: July 22, 2016 07:45PM
Posted by: Lo2k
You can't load a .tex file in GP4B. .tex files are only used by the game.
Might be a reason for the errors

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2016 07:45PM by Lo2k.
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: July 23, 2016 12:00PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
BTW: GP4Builder's Guide is helping a lot in track editing (Y). Laurent has made a really excellent manual.
Date: August 02, 2016 08:21AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Laurent, could you fix your site? Thanks.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 09, 2016 02:31PM
Posted by: tojepo
Message for Lo2k

Sorry, after I speak french because it's a difficult question for me to explain in English

Laurent,

J'ai un probléme avec un fichier de circuit .gp4 qui ne veut plus s'ouvrir avec les messages suivant :
>> "Erreur de verification étendue" puis "violation d'accés a l'adresse 005F3B8D dans le module GP4 Builder.exe"

En resumé, j'ai fait un Track from DAT (dans la scéne 2 que j'ai crée) pour la piste et les lignes, et j'ai eu un message dont je ne me rappelle plus,
je me suis dit que je quitterais sans enregistrer, mais comme un con, j'ai verifié un truc ET j'ai ENREGISTRE !! :-(
Depuis, biensur il ne s'ouvre plus et j'ai les messages indiqués avant.

QUESTION :
>>> Est il possible de recupérer ce fichier en supprimant la scéne 2 uniquement (la d'ou vient l'erreur) pour ne garder que la scéne 1 ??
la Scéne 1 qui a des éléments MEGA importants que je n'ai pas sauvegardé. :(

Merci d'avance de ta confirmation

ToJepo
Date: August 09, 2016 02:58PM
Posted by: Atticus.
Ouch. (I understand French, I just can't reply - and I don't know the answer either. Are you sure you don't have it in another .gp4 file in the backups folder of the Builder?)

My workthread - [www.grandprixgames.org]
Full of classic F1/non-F1 track layouts

My blog about F1 performance analysis - [thef1formbook.wordpress.com]
Date: August 09, 2016 11:39PM
Posted by: n00binio
You can always try to open the .gp4 file in zmodeler and backup the objects you need or delete the ones that might cause trouble.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: August 10, 2016 04:12PM
@Tojepo: C'est plutôt bizarre que le fichier ne puisse plus du tout s'ouvrir.
Normalement avec un peu de chance, tu ne devrais pas avoir perdu ton circuit avant ce changement car GP4Builder sauvegarde chaque fichier à l'ouverture et l'enregistre dans le dossier "backups" à côté de GP4Builder.exe
il suffit de supprimer l'extension .old du fichier du même nom que ton circuit.

Date: August 10, 2016 09:32PM
Posted by: tojepo
@Atticus and N00binio : Thank you for your answers >> I already did the test, Zmodeler doesn' t open .gp4 file track with multiple Scenes

Laurent,

J'ai bien regardé le fichier .old dans "Backups", mais c'est le même qui ne s'ouvre pas !?

Bon, c'est pas grave tout compte fait, laisse tomber, je vais recommencé (juste une 1/2 journée de perdu :) )
En plus c'est surement un de mes fichiers importés qui à planté GP4 Builder

Sinon, sur le moment je pensais qu'il y avais peut-etre une solution pour ouvrir le fichier .gp4 (en txt par exemple) et de garder uniquement les fichiers dont j'avais besoin ...

Merci Encore

ToJepo

Edit : News about Realgpx.com Forum ?
Date: August 14, 2016 12:24PM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Hi everyone,
I'm currently working a new circuit, and I'm encountering a problem with my walls.

As you can see, in a lot of places, the wall face closest to the track is transparent or partially transparent, and you can see through to the other side.
I've tried recomputing the normals, flipping the faces, changing the material, but none of that has worked.

This is my first time using the Fences Builder, so sorry if this has an obvious solution.

If need be, I can upload the .gp4 and textures (or the whole thing).

Cheers,
Doug

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: August 16, 2016 05:04PM
You need to change your .tex wall texture settings.
With TexResizer, you can either change format from DXT5 to DXT1 or simply change transparency mode from "full" to "none" and problem will be solved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2016 05:06PM by Lo2k.
Date: August 17, 2016 09:20AM
Date: September 25, 2016 06:02AM
My track is progressing nicely, and I'm currently adding Video screens.
My question is, when the displays are Off (Set to off in the f1graphics.cfg for example), can I display an ATX sequence instead of a still image?
When I tried it, the screen is just white like it has a missing texture. (And the displays work fine when set to On)
I've never done an ATX sequence before, so maybe it's the way I've got them set up?
It's the six images in this album, and they're named as 'atx_flag_LG_x.tga', where 'x' is 1-6.

Cheers,
Doug

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: September 25, 2016 02:03PM
Posted by: auscain
It must be named atx_flag_eng_1.tga.

At this stage we have not been able to rename atx sequence. GP4.exe is looking for the original name is my understanding. SDI will no better!

If you don't want to lose the 'eng' flags you could make the texture larger and add your LG to the flags texture atx_san_agipflag001.atx for example.

I don't think you have to use the original material name. I always think there must've been a logical reason in the first place? Material: Atx_flag_Redb_6::Atx_flag_Chqb_1
I'm not entirely sure if the following is necessary:-) Class: SCREEN Name: TVbox_01

Good luck with it. Interesting idea(I)

I will take the opportunity here Doug to wish you all the best with your career.
Date: November 27, 2016 03:59PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
A question for you gentlemen! :)
Why when I move vertices does it mess up the texture on the faces, like in this picture? As soon as I even slightly move a vertex the face turns light :(

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: November 27, 2016 04:14PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Don't worry. When you're done, select Action > Compute normals.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: November 27, 2016 04:16PM
Posted by: Prblanco
It's not the texture, but the normals (small blue lines). Some are pointing up and give this "light" look, some point down (not seen in the picture) and give the "dark" look. The correct would be all normals to be pointing up.

Try Calculating Normals for the whole object (Action menu) to make the lighting uniform on the object.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: November 27, 2016 04:27PM
Thanks chaps, very kind of you! :)
A somewhat trivial question, it's been a while since I last built a circuit!

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: December 23, 2016 11:14PM
Unfortunately I have come across another couple of issues..

The first is that when I load the track, the car falls maybe a metre onto the track in the pits.
The second is that there is no pitcrew whatsoever, my car wheels itself back into the garage for example..

Do you chaps have any ideas for potential solutions? :)

Thanks! :)

Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2016 11:29PM by salvasirignano.
Date: December 24, 2016 09:34AM
Posted by: Prblanco
The missing pitcrew is caused by the pit garages not appearing in the .col file. If you're using ".gp4 to .col", make sure the garages floor is a TRACK_ class object.

I didn't understand the other issue, do you have a video or screenshot?

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: December 24, 2016 12:54PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
Regarding the issue of the car falling onto the tarmac:
I know exactly what issue you mean. Sadly I did not find a solution so far. All I can say is that this bug is often connected to a mainstraight going down-, respectively uphill.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy