GP4 Track Editing - new new thread

Posted by markko 
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: January 20, 2014 12:44AM
Posted by: Atticus.
No issues, I solved the problem by recreating the kerbs in the other way.
Date: January 24, 2014 03:31AM
Posted by: salvasirignano
I'm building a new track and was wondering, is it possible to have an asymmetrically positioned starting grid?
In the magic data there is a line that says "1st car position on grid" where you specify a distance to the right or left of the centreline of the track.
However, I would like to set it so that the pole car starts say 5m to the right, and the other side starts say 1m to the left.
Is this possible? :)

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: January 24, 2014 08:14AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
I don't think so.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: January 24, 2014 01:27PM
Thanks, I think I may have to make the grid virtually single file! :(

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: January 24, 2014 04:22PM
Actually the problem was down to my idiocy, an asymmetrical grid isn't necessary! :)
My S/F and pit entrance were on a curve, and I made room for the pit entry by widening the track, not by adding verges or banks. Oops! ;)
The AI cars starting on the outside would drive into the pits, all sorted now though ;)

Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: July 26, 2014 10:52PM
I'm updating an existing track for which I would like to create a nice haze to make the sea look more realistic.

My question is... what programs do you chaps use for making semi-transparent textures and how?

I've had a look at gildoorf and Lo2k's haze for Shanghai, when I open that texture in slimtex it says "Transparency 6" in the column as opposed to opaque/ transparent/semi transparent.

I've been trying to use paint shop pro. I have made a nice blueish texture for the haze, and a dark grey mask which I have saved to an alpha channel in a TGA. So far so good, but then when I save it it is merged. If I open it with slimtex one layer is a mix of blue texture and grey alpha layer, but with a right click the other layer (grey alpha layer) seems fine. It's like it's being filtered twice, but then in game it's either opaque or invisible :(
Whereas if I open Gildoorf/Lo2k's you see the distinct haze texture, then with a right click you see the alpha layer.
Where am I going wrong?
Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: July 27, 2014 12:20AM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
- I allways use PaintNet to create all my textures.

- I'm not 100% sure, that you're completely right with the transparency-level:

---> 'opaque' means that this texture will hide the backround completely.
Examples are: tarmac, advetisements, walls. So, everything what should appear orthogonal AND not transparent in-game.

---> 'semi transparent' means that a special pixel of the texture can either be completely opaque or completely transparent - in computer language: zero or one - no intermediate status is allowed.
Examples are all textures containing transparent AND opaque parts, like track marshalls, trees, debris fences. They all have orthogonal faces in game, but the graphical appearance has to be - eh... - different to look good (a square marshall isn't realistic ;)).

---> ';(full) transparency' means that imtermediate transparency levels are allowed.
Examples are all texures which are generally transparent, but however affect the view anyway, like glass, haze or water (if you want it to be transparent).

So your problem might be solved, when you choose 'full transparency' in SlimTex, before you save the .tga-file to .tex.

I really hope, this solves your problem ;-).
Date: July 27, 2014 07:14PM
Thanks for your detailed reply! Unfortunately though it still doesn't work. I do know that Paint Shop Pro saves the TGAs as 24bit, i've read that a TGA needs to be 32 bit to correctly save transparency data.
I would try paint.net but I'm still on XP. I might give GIMP a try. :-)

Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: August 15, 2014 11:39PM
Posted by: maxi82
hello.as I fix this error? the object disappears in the horizon appears

my works
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: August 16, 2014 01:07AM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
Jacarepagua is a great track! (Y)
Date: August 16, 2014 03:35AM

my works
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: August 16, 2014 06:35AM
problem solved!! tex texture correction (format =dtx1 / transparency = semi)

my works
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: September 10, 2014 10:05PM
hermanos rodriguez 1988 .dat not work . track flags list all OK

any suggestions?

[www.4shared.com]

my works
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: September 10, 2014 10:58PM
Are you sure that it's the dat that isn't working well? Because most time it's the wad.
Date: September 10, 2014 11:26PM
I will try different wad. thank you

my works
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: September 10, 2014 11:28PM
the game freezes when putting play...original imola wad..

my works
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: September 11, 2014 12:10AM
Posted by: TomMK
Try inserting new Magic Data with CMagic and then playing. I find GP4Builder often corrupts the .dat but if I re-apply the Magic Data through CMagic it works fine.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: September 11, 2014 12:57AM
change the magic data
and still not working :(
dat link= [www.4shared.com]

my works
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: September 11, 2014 01:43AM
You should maybe try to improve the pitlane sectors 86 and 87 because their banks look a bit twisted. I hope this is the problem of this .dat-file, because that's my last idea on that problem. But before try to save the .dat-file once again in another folder, maybe it works fine then. I had this solution some time ago with an .gp4-file: The file just wanted to be saved somewhere else and then it was satisfied and worked. ;)
Date: September 11, 2014 02:18AM
thanks for the idea. I will correct sectors 86 and 87 :)

my works
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy