No Clean exe

Posted by deon 
No Clean exe
Date: July 07, 2016 10:08AM
Posted by: deon
Hi Guys.I have used this site many times to solve my numerous issues over the years, and i thought i would show my gratitude by adding a little something i managed to solve regarding this " no clean exe " issue that seems to pop up ever so often. The other day while browsing a few GP4 sites i discovered a 2016 mod. i downloaded it a played it a few times. I must admit it was brilliant with new features. BUT.. after i exited the game & onto the csm home screen "no clean exe" popped up. I was dreading doing the full reload &mod upgrades which take a good few hours because of running the game & so on during the patch & mod loads. So i decided to take a chance & try something new.(What could I loose).
1.I deleted the 1.2 no cd patch.& ran cc cleaner.
2.copied the "ORIGINAL" backed up GP4exe back into the GP4 folder. Ran the original game with the cd inserted. Shut down the pc after exiting the game
3.Started the original game again but used GPX patch to start/play the game.
4. installed clean 1.2 no cd patch .
5. started the game again with GPXpatch but this time obviously no cd inserted.
6.opened up CSM & played a mod. no issue. no error messages.

I posted this with a bit of confidence as i did this twice. That is because only after doing this the first time i played the 2015 mod no issues but once i played the mentioned 2016 mod again did i get the "no clean exe" message again ,so i knew what was the cause of my heartbreak/headache.

I have been playing my game for a few days now with no issues .
i hope this might save somebody out there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy