Wheel calibration issue

Posted by miki2000milos 
Wheel calibration issue
Date: June 18, 2016 07:19PM
Posted by: miki2000milos
A month ago, when I last played GP4, the wheel worked fine, but now for some reason it doesn't.
The problem I have are the axes. Before, the steering was the X axis, throttle was Y, and brake was IRZ. Steering went from 0 to 16384, and both throttle and brake went between 0 and 255.
Now however, the steering only goes till 1024 and the brake axes moved to the Y axes, now combined with the throttle, which stayed y, and they together moved between 34-234.
The only thing I did different is that I had my PlayStation 4 controller plugged in (which I tried unplugging later), but it shouldn't be noticed by the game because it has no drivers should it..?

I've tried putting my wheel back into the PC, restarting the game, restarting the PC. Nothing seems to solve the problem. All I need is the brake to be back on the IRZ axes because this is undriveable. Either I can't stop or I can't accelerate.

I use a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel, and windows 10 pro (upgraded from windows 7 pro, not with clean install or format but keeping all the files)

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
Re: Wheel calibration issue
Date: June 21, 2016 04:38PM
Posted by: safian123
Bit harsh noone is replying to this issue
Date: June 21, 2016 06:18PM
Posted by: kedy89
There was a Win10 update for something Logitech related, which f*'ed things up a bit. Might be your problem is related to that (sounds similar to what I experienced in AMS & R3E, DFGT was recognized as Driving Force USB, steering locked at ~20°). To check, open your Logitech profiler and see if it displays the wheel you actually have, or if it's another one.

If it's the latter, go to settings, uninstall updates, and uninstall that Logitech related update. Then go here [support.microsoft.com], download the show/hide update thing, run it, and hide the Logitech update. Reinstall the proper DFGT drivers, restart your PC, and it should work again (if it was related to that).

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2016 06:20PM by kedy89.
Date: June 21, 2016 06:45PM
cheers Tobi, it was just that!

I'm gonna try this method when I have time again to see if it works :-)

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Date: June 21, 2016 06:59PM
Posted by: kedy89
Should work, at least it does here (had the same wrong wheel in the profiler). Once the update was hidden I didn't have any more problems. If you don't hide it, Win10 will just reinstall it the next day.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: June 21, 2016 07:04PM
indeed, had experience with that on my graphics driver ;)

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Date: June 22, 2016 11:44PM
okay, so far, it seems to have worked.. I've basically followed this tutorial
[forums.logitech.com]
and later I installed LGS 5.10 again. In the profiler it's still recognised as USB, but in windows it's recognised as DFGT, and in GP4 it's back to "normal" (H)

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy