Pit stop problem

Posted by laci0303 
Pit stop problem
Date: March 28, 2013 12:53PM
Posted by: laci0303
Hello!
I have played with my Grand Prix 4, 50 % race distance, non tsm, non csm.

In the half time of the race, AI went to the pit, but some of the AI cars aren't stopped in the pit on the whole race.

For ex. most of AI stopped but S Perez (McLaren) (who drives in the 13th place) and C Pic (Caterham) are not. They are not stopped in whole race, and Perez wins, Pic finished in 8th place... thats weird...
I think it's a bug. Any ideas? Thanks!
Re: Pit stop problem
Date: March 28, 2013 03:37PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
I don't think it's a bug.
It might be relatet to the pit stop strategies. When you drive races with less than 80% of the regular distance some AI cars mayby do not pit.
You can edit the strategies in the magic file of every track:

Date: March 30, 2013 02:30PM
Posted by: laci0303
Thanks, but I don't understand which values have to change...
Can I edit the propablity of rain?? :)
Is this Cmagic??? :) Thanks! :))

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2013 02:31PM by laci0303.
Date: March 30, 2013 04:56PM
Pitstops
When you drive 50% races and every car should stop at least once during the race, make sure, that every car would make at least two stops in a 100% race. The values in the cmagic always refer to 100% races. I'm not completely sure how the cmagic-values are converted by the GP4.exe to less than 100% races.

What do the values in the magic exactly mean?

20 ; pitstop group 1 %
50 ; pitstop group 2 %
30 ; pitstop group 3 %
With these values you can edit the general strategies of the cars. Here, it would mean, that 20% of the cars are pitting once, 50% of the field are pitting twice and 30% are pitting three times. In addition all three values have to be 100%.

Here the other values! Example: two stops!
19 ; stop 1
The time for the first pit stop starts in lap 19. So no two-stopper-car will come into the pit before lap 19, exception: unsceduled stops, of course.

4 ; pit window 1
Not all the cars are comming into the pit in the same lap! You can edit it with the pit window. The value 4 means, that the cars may wait 4 laps, until they will come for their first stop. So all two-stoppers might have done their first stop in lap 23!

39 ; stop 2
The time for the second stop starts at lap 39.

4 ; pit window 2
And again, to avoid, that all cars are stopping in the same lap, they have a window of here 4 laps to make their last stop.

And that's how you can tweak the pit-stop-strategies of the cc-cars.

Rain
For the rain-settings I'll make a new post in a minute ;-).
Date: March 30, 2013 05:20PM
Rain

There are 4 ways to edit the probability of rain.

general map

1. way
Launch GP4, go the options, game options. Here you are able to edit the probabillity of rain in percent-values.
For that, make sure that the GPx-Set, Session settings say, that the game default probability of rain is used (it's the GPx-Patch default setup).

2. way
Launch GPx-Set, session settings and click the drop-down-menu.
Change to "realistic". That means, that the values of the cmagic of each track will be used. The cmagic-values are again given in percent.

3. way
Launch GPx-Set, session settings and click the drop-down-menu.
Change to user-defined. Now the rain-probabillity-field on the right will get active. There you can put every %-value you wish.

4. way
Launch GPx-Set, session settings.
Below the drop-down-field you can insert a 'weather-seed'. That are numerical codes to calculate the weather. But this possibillity to change the rain probabillity is a bit more complicated and used very seldom. Sometimes here is a thread about weather-seeds.

I prefer the first version, to change rain probabillity, because, it's ver simple and quick ;-).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2013 05:22PM by klausfeldmann.
Date: January 25, 2016 10:38AM
Posted by: huskyman49
when i drive dtm2005 (via csm) all cars go out in practice only once and then they are unable to retourn to their pit position. instead of that their pit crew desperately tries to move them... does anyone know how to fix that bug? thx in advance

As everything is different, everything needs a different approach...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy