GP4 and Windows 7 64-bit

Posted by neilcaine 
GP4 and Windows 7 64-bit
Date: October 18, 2014 10:49PM
Posted by: neilcaine
Guys

I'm thinking of finally leaving Windows XP behind and moving to Windows 7 64-bit home premium. I do still like to update GP4 and still enjoy playing it more than codemaster's game so I don't want to upgrade my system and lose GP4. There are some older threads regarding some issues with sound and getting the game to run but I'd just like to ask if anyone can advise if the game will run ok on a 64-bit windows 7 system with a Creative X-FI extreme gamer soundcard and Nvidia GTX 760 graphics card or will I need to use an xp compatability setup - or am I better off sticking with XP until I really need to upgrade? I run the game using GPXpatch, does that solve any issues?

Any opinions/advice would be helpful
Re: GP4 and Windows 7 64-bit
Date: October 18, 2014 11:03PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Hi Neil,
I have win7 64bit, a Creative Audigy (1) Gamer and a GTX560Ti and GP4 runs like a charm :) (I don't use updated cars though)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2014 11:04PM by Lo2k.
Date: October 19, 2014 08:12AM
Posted by: tamburello
I'm also running the game with a Audigy 4 and the game works great without issues. When you setup the game in Alchemy you'll have EAX sounds too ;-)
Date: October 19, 2014 10:22AM
Posted by: neilcaine
thanks for those replys guys, much appreciated :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy