Xbox 360 (wireless) controller - Triggers

Posted by AUS_Doug 
Xbox 360 (wireless) controller - Triggers
Date: August 30, 2014 01:27PM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Hi guys,
I'm currently using my left analogue stick for throttle and brake - which is the setup I use when playing the Codemaster's games on the 360 - but want to change to the triggers to get better braking control in GP4.

Problem is, when I set the throttle and brakes to use the triggers (Right and Left respectively) I'm unable to leave the pits as it appears that the throttle is always on. (The selector on the Pit Menu goes straight to the top)

Has anyone who uses (used?) the 360 controller come across this issue?

Or, for that matter, anyone with any other controller setup?

Is there perhaps some third-party software that will allow me to re-map the triggers to separate (or just different) axes?

Cheers,
Doug.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Re: Xbox 360 (wireless) controller - Triggers
Date: August 30, 2014 01:43PM
Posted by: mezza
Hi, dont know if this will help, but i use an xbox controller and i use "joytokey" to configure it.........[joytokey.net] hope it helps
steve
Date: August 30, 2014 02:10PM
Date: August 31, 2014 03:31AM
So I've downloaded it, and it all looks rather time consuming to set up; Before I go and do it, is it allowing you to use your triggers as throttle and brake?

If so, does it do it properly with a range of movement or is it full on or full off?

Could you upload your config files somewhere for me to have a look at?

Cheers,
Doug.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: September 09, 2014 04:19PM
Posted by: littleone90
sorry but i have downloaded joytokey, but then i don't understand how it works.. i just want to have the left trigger to brake, right to accelerate and the right stick to turn. .is it possible?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy