A-I-only races, difficulty and driving aids

Posted by Lucas78 
A-I-only races, difficulty and driving aids
Date: July 31, 2014 05:32PM
Posted by: Lucas78
Heya :)

I would like to know your experiences (if any) on the following subject: I really like to watch AI-only races (AI, physics, tweaked damage states are just THAT good in GP4, better than i today's F1 games), but usually I do it on a "Ace" setting with all driving aids turned off.

Now, of course if I want unpredictability, "alternate" trajectories and so on, I would just follow the real thing on TV, yes, but have you experimented with lower difficulty settings (and still without driving aids)? Do the AI drivers go for more hazardous overtakes, trajectories and so on, maybe failing more, crashing etc.? I will experiment on my own as well, but maybe some of you already know something more about this subject. Thanks :)
Re: A-I-only races, difficulty and driving aids
Date: July 31, 2014 06:00PM
Posted by: Vomit
I tried it few years ago, but I think they only drived slower. You might wanna tweak AI error values on track magic data. Another thing you might wanna try, is to tweak the tyre grip against the surface which you can do in GP4Tweaker. And of course the physic file your cars are using has an effect. What comes to making them try more hazardous overtakes, or just to make them overtake more, I would like an answer too. Maybe editing the slipstream values so they would have more slipstream? That would make them overtake more.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy