GP4 & GP3 clutch problems with G27 (+ solution for GP2)

Posted by Titus03 
GP4 & GP3 clutch problems with G27 (+ solution for GP2)
Date: September 26, 2012 09:00PM
Posted by: Titus03
The problem (Grand Prix 4 and Grand Prix 3)

I've had Logitech G27 for some months and got it working properly. Only problem I have is that GP4 and GP3 (2000 Season, too) won't recognize the clutch pedal. I know that clutch is useful on modern F1 cars only at race starts, but it would still be great to get it working if possible.

GP4 and GP3 will see X, Y, Z, rX, rY and rZ axis, but G27 clutch pedal is using Slider2-axis, which doesn't appear to the control settings or doesn't get recognized if pushed. My question is: is there any way, or a patch, which will make GP4 and GP3 to see Slider2-axis at control settings?

(Papyrus sims like GPL and NR2003 + SCI's RBR see G27 Slider2-axis properly.)

Thanks.

The solution (Grand Prix 2)

Guide for getting G27 clutch pedal to work under GP2:

You will need:

- DOSBox (G27 works fine under GP2, if ch has been used for controller 1 in the config file. (auto may work as well.))
- Xpadder

The procedure:

1. Create a profile for DOSBox under Xpadder and assign a key for fully pressed G27 clutch pedal.
2. Run GP2 under DOSBox and press CTRL+F1.
3. Pick Y- axis for controller 1 and assign the same key for that you have already assigned in Xpadder.
4. Go to the Control Method under GP2 and select Joystick A Vert for clutch device.
5. Go to the race and enjoy!

EDIT:

If you are using SVN-Daum version (Ykhwong's Build) of DOSBox, it can see Slider2-axis. So you can skip Xpadder part and just map Slider2 straight to Y-axis. This way the clutch will obviously feel more natural.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2013 10:31PM by Titus03.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy