Monza pre-1972 & Hockenheim pre-1968

Posted by Atticus. 
Monza pre-1972 & Hockenheim pre-1968
Date: December 26, 2011 01:25AM
Posted by: Atticus.
I don't have much time for GP4 lately, and will have even less from January as I start working besides university. When I do have a few hours, I usually like to practice of do short races, and I have generally no skills in track making - which I've heard is a bit time-consuming process.

I'd just like to know if anyone is interested in making a Monza & Hockenheim track without the chicanes.

With Monza the easy way is a bit of a compromise because meanwhile Curva Grande and the Lesmos have been squeezed as well for 1994 but it doesn't make that big of a difference to me, the character remained the same. It's only the chicanes which disrupt it.

As it is 'only' cutting some chicanes, it might not be a really big work at all, so if no-one is interested, I would certainly welcome at least a short guide on how to do exactly these modifications. Again, I have absolutely no knowledge on the matter, and not enough time to dig into it properly. So I need an exact guide, not really some general stuff on how to make a track.

If it can be done relatively easily... If not, e. g. one has to do it by scratch, I just couldn't delve into it properly, I want to focus properly on my work and my studies... But I really like F1, classic tracks and GP4, and would like to have these tracks shapen. By me, or by someone else.

Merry Christmas and cheers,

Atticus :)
Re: Monza pre-1972 & Hockenheim pre-1968
Date: December 26, 2011 08:15AM
Posted by: johnbad1000
Also,can anyone make an oval monza layout?
Date: December 26, 2011 11:38AM
Posted by: celinho
Pedro (Ripping Course) is developing a track Hockenheim 1982.
As for Monza have no news.
Have many people here in the forum to understand the development of cues that can help you so that your questions arise.

Célio Jr. - Rio Verde - Goiás - Brasil
Date: December 26, 2011 04:26PM
Posted by: Ripping Corpse
celinho Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pedro (Ripping Course) is developing a track
> Hockenheim 1982.
> As for Monza have no news.
> Have many people here in the forum to understand
> the development of cues that can help you so that
> your questions arise.

....not 1982, but 1981............;-)

.....ALL MY WORKS --> CLICK BELOW .....

.....WORKING on the works that give me passion.........
Date: December 26, 2011 04:58PM
Posted by: celinho
Pedro, sorry..... (Y)

Célio Jr. - Rio Verde - Goiás - Brasil
Date: December 26, 2011 07:03PM
Posted by: Atticus.
Thank you for the info.

1981 or 1982... it does make a difference. AFAIK the first edition of Ost Curve chicane was installed for 1982, so I very much welcome that it will be the 1981 version.

:)
Date: March 28, 2012 01:50AM
Posted by: Andre1980
Thank you a lot Pedro!
Could drive on Hockenheimring of 1981 will be my fun! (Also a fictional Spa-Francorchamps without the last chicane)

Unfortunately I can't make circuits, but if anyone else (as like as me) dreams a very scary, crazy, funny and faster Monza, I modestly recommend: Monza 1955, it was great!

There wasn't the first chicane.
"Curva Grande" was "larger and faster", slightly flat and not quite raised like today, without sand on escape: there was only a wall :-o
Chicane "Roggia" doesn't been, and was a "simply" curve in the wood.
1st and 2nd "Lesmo" were nearer the wall but there was more green in comparison at "Curva Grande". both were faster and a particularity of 2nd: it was quite raised and was very hard to do all in acceleration.
Where now there is the "Variante Ascari", in 1955 there was only the fast "Curva del Vialone" (Alberto Ascari died in that year)

Other sections were like today. I have calculated we could run at 290 of average speed on a track like this (with original GP4 car), that could be shocking! :-O
I wrote this memorandum but I understand that every races-lover knows Monza ;-) I live by the "Autodromo di Monza" and I especially love it!

You can find a good plan at www.gdecarli.it , there is also an english version, the track is "Circuito Stradale 1955:1971".

Thanks for your attention, forgive my long message and my bad english.
Bye!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy