Its about time I showed you some of these (especially Ricardo)(new photos)

Posted by JPM 
I took these at Melbourne this year. I have incorporated most of them into my GP4 track, but I cannot show you all due to 56K. They are basically all of the advertising (the ones on race day) but I did take photos about a month ago.

Cheers
JPM

Post Edited (10-06-03 10:24)

www.zach-griffin.cjb.net

"Nobody has ever completed the perfect lap" -Juan Manuel Fangio
is that Albert Park?

<---Uber Soldat--->
RESISTANCE IS NOT FUTILE
Yeah, of course.

BTW, do follow F1? Its just that Albert Park is pretty distinctive in terms of all the other circuits.

Cheers
JPM

www.zach-griffin.cjb.net

Yeh it is, very distinctive with all the lines.

BTW I love the last pic you took, that would look great on GP4.

Very cool!!

I used to have it in a tex file b4 I reformatted my computer, and it looked so realistic, made GP4 look better 2. I think Ricardo could make these and the rest when I upload them into into his tracks because his Albert Park track ATM is cartoony.

Cheers
JPM

www.zach-griffin.cjb.net

Re: Its about time I showed you some of these (especially Ricardo)
Date: October 05, 2003 06:21AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
think u need new shoes mate ;)

Yeah... LOL!!

Wow ! You really did a good job, grabing some first choice material for next track updates !
Well done, JPM :)

If each track could be cover like that, it would be heaven for track makers :)

PS: oh and keep your shoes anyhow in the pictures cause it's giving us scale of gravels or such, so it's absolutely vital to keep your shoes ;)

Thanks for this good work :)

lol@ chris,
Nice pictures Jpm

btw, what is that cigaret doing on a formula 1 circuit?

Ha ha.

Absolutely the first time that I have ever seen photographs of just gravel or the line painted at the edge of a track.

Really terrific for my purposes (realistic graphics for racing game tracks), thanks.
Is there any chance that you could post some more like these (or, perhaps, e-mail them to me?), such as of the other colored gravel at Albert Park or of the grass there?

It's really dissappointing to me that one never gets a good look at these things (until now!) so that all of the very many graphics addons for various racing games never really look much like the real thing.
"If each track could be cover like that, it would be heaven for track makers"

How about it, fellows?
Surely some of you are in the vicinity of other racing circuits and have a carmera?
very nice pics man
You should be able to a lot with these. Any requests I am able to do after my VCE exams. Last 1 is Japanese around the 18th of November. If you want the grass and stuff then I can do it.

Cheers
JPM

www.zach-griffin.cjb.net

I have a heap of Albert Park photos too, gimme a few mins and I'll crop them all to be good :) I'll make a new thread actually, keep this one to be JPM's photos :)

Great JOB!!!!!!!

When the others says you are the best, the worse error is to start to believe it. - Juan Manuel Fangio
Well done JPM !

I will use some this images to make new realistic graphics for a new version of Melbourne 2003 track.

Thanks a lot ! :)

RICARDO LAMPERT

Post Edited (10-06-03 20:53)

RICARDO LAMPERT
Visit my blog at [ricardolampert.wordpress.com]
Ricardo,

Any chance that you might give your GP4 2001 Albert Park circuit the correct kerbs? (They were still red. white, and black in 2001, and not blue and white as you have them.)

P.S. What editor do you use for GP4 track graphics? I ask because the one that I tried crashed my system to the extent of my having to completely re-install my video drivers.
@ JackiMatra: I don't have plans for now to made new 2001 track version but mail me and I will send a new kerbs red,white and black for you. I use the GP4 3DEditor to edit the GP4 track graphics and surface.

RICARDO LAMPERT

RICARDO LAMPERT
Visit my blog at [ricardolampert.wordpress.com]
Sorry for kicking up this topic, but does anybody have the pic that was in the first post???

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy