GP4 problem steering wheel...

Posted by 99shill 
GP4 problem steering wheel...
Date: February 23, 2010 11:07PM
Posted by: 99shill
hi i have a Logitech Formula Force EX, the steering wheel its self configures fine BUT my pedals will not work with the game.... is there a solution to this, i have all the up to date drivers etc, and the pedals and evertyhing work fine with games such as rFactor and GTR, so its just GP4, i would be very very grateful should anyone be able to help me :)

thank you in advance
Steve
Re: GP4 problem steering wheel...
Date: February 24, 2010 12:09AM
Posted by: mortal
Set the pedals to combined in Windows controller. Get the logitech profiler software if you haven't already. Add GP4.exe to the game list and set a profile.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 24, 2010 12:17AM
Posted by: auscain
I don’t use that wheel exactly. (G25 wheel) Did you setup the wheel in game through the options menu? I can try and give you further instructions if you already did that.
Date: February 24, 2010 02:39AM
well, ive sort of got it working but now ive configured the steering wheel ive created a whole new problem i cant click on anything, cos when it highlights to show your on the option it keeps on moving right down to the bottom which is either "Back" or "drive" so even tho the cursor is over select driver i click and it goes to race or goes back, so im not sure what ive done to it, my game isnt patched or anything so would that be the problem? (running it on vista in compatability mode with xp)

EDIT: i used the profiler to get the pedals working btw but as above i have this problem now

thanks steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2010 02:41AM by 99shill.
Date: February 24, 2010 03:06AM
You must install the official patch, it addresses controller problems amongst other things afaik. I would do a clean install aftyer uninstalling and removing the Infogrames registry entries. Run once and exit. Install the patch, run once and exit. Install the v1.2 no_cd. Install gpx_patch. Then configure the controller. When you set up the wheel in the controller menu, select wheel and create a user set.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 24, 2010 03:42AM
where can i get the no cd file? i found one but it says it doesnt exist anymore :( ive installed the patch, im just lacking that one thing though thanks in advacne

EDIt ok got the no cd patch done and the GPx patch installed game works fine but i now have another problem, right shift acts as confirm and my right pedal moves up the steering wheel screen brake pedal moves down but i cant find thebuttons that increase and decrease fuel, any suggestions on this?

thanks in advance Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2010 04:28AM by 99shill.
Date: February 24, 2010 04:43AM
The paddles on the wheel are for gear shifting. GP4 prefers that configuration. Trying to use the paddles for something else is not good. Right shifts up, left shifts down. Irregardless of whether or not you drive in auto or not, they should be configured as such. If you do not have other buttons to configure, it is the fault of the wheel, not GP4. AFAIK there is not a configuration to control the fuel anyway. I use a G25 so I'm flying blind as far as your problem is concerned. There is a topic listed in the FAQ on setting up a wheel. You did read that first didn't you, everyone checks the FAQ don't they? :-)

Date: February 24, 2010 04:57AM
yeh ive read it, but gear up and gear down dont seem to increase the fuel or decrease it on the steering wheel screen i'll go play with it a bit more and see if i can solve it thanks anyway :)
Date: February 24, 2010 05:24AM
I said gear up and gear down is for the gear change, not for the fuel ok. You cannot use the gear change settings for that.

Date: February 24, 2010 05:57AM
ok. solved it anyways, thanks for the help guys
Date: February 24, 2010 06:22AM
Service charge bill is in the mail. ;)

Date: February 24, 2010 07:00AM
Posted by: auscain
99shil<cant find thebuttons that increase and decrease fuel, any suggestions on this?

Turn left or right whith the wheel.
Date: February 24, 2010 08:51AM
I have it on good authority that shift + Q will return you to the pits when you run out of fuel! :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy