Pinnacle Game Profiler - GP4 Profile
Date: October 19, 2016 02:00PM
Posted by: Tony_MSC_94
Yo guys. Does someone have a profile for GP4? :C

"Before you judge me, try hard to love me..."
Re: Pinnacle Game Profiler - GP4 Profile
Date: October 19, 2016 11:57PM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
What controller are you using? I've got a profile that works well with an Xbox 360 controller.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: October 20, 2016 11:58AM
I'm using an XBOX 360 controller via USB :P

Date: October 21, 2016 01:01AM
Here is my Pinnacle profile, and here is my in-game controller setup.

Obviously you can use it however you want, but here is what I use:

Throttle/Brake = Right/Left trigger respectively.
Steering = Right joystick.
Shift Up/Down = Left joystick Down/Up respectively.
'A' = Pit
'B' = Traction Control
'Y' = Launch Control

Notes:
-------
* In Pinnacle, I have the left joystick Up/Down mapped as 'Button presses' rather than as a joystick so that I can use it for gears.
* Pressing Left Joystick is mapped to Spacebar to pause the game.
*Pressing 'Back' is mapped to '9' on the keyboard to cycle through GPxPatch ATL window.
* Pressing Right Joystick is mapped to '0' to close the GPxPatch ATL window.
* The Right and Left buttons are mapped to 'C' and 'X' to look Right and look Left in-cockpit.
* Up on the D-Pad is mapped to 'F1', Left is mapped to 'F3' and Right is mapped to 'F4'; On Pro and Ace difficulty, if you have GPxPatch's 'In-car setup changes' selected, you can use these buttons to change Brake Balance and Differential settings while driving.
* Down on the D-Pad is mapped to 'W'; If you're using GP4 Tweaker, this allows you to clean your visor.
* Changing gears and braking triggers a rumble effect.

Hope that helps.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2016 01:01AM by AUS_Doug.
Date: October 21, 2016 01:12PM
Really, thank you very much! It actually works now :)

EDIT: it doesn't work so well tho ^^'' R and L trigger won't work for acceleration and braking. Plus, the steering wheel seems to be on the right analog rather than the left one...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2016 10:00PM by Tony_MSC_94.
Date: October 22, 2016 02:37AM
Right analog is how I have my steering, and so this is how it is setup in my .con file.
If you want to use left analog stick, you'll have to change the settings for that stick in the Pinnacle profile because of how I've set it up; Remove the Horizontal and Vertical Read blocks, remove the axis assignments from the Right stick and assign them to the left stick.

If you don't know your way around all the options in Pinnacle - fair enough, there a lot of them - I can put together a video for you maybe or I can do it for you and then you'll only have to do the in-game settings.

As for the triggers not working, what exactly do you mean?
In the controller setup screen, are you not able to select them?

Date: October 22, 2016 12:44PM
I don't want to stress you too much >_> btw, talking about triggers, they don't work when I press em, they just do nothing. It keeps accelerating in 2nd gear and it accelerates a bit when I move up the left analog. I'm confused hot

Date: October 23, 2016 12:37AM
To me, that sounds like Pinnacle isn't working properly/isn't realising when you're playing GP4.
If you imported and are using the the Pinnacle profile (.pin) I sent you, the controller should rumble when you press the left trigger. Does this happen?

Date: October 23, 2016 03:48PM
Yes, it happens

Date: October 24, 2016 06:27AM
Hmm, it should be working correctly then. Have you tried recalibrating the controls in-game?

Date: October 24, 2016 01:48PM
Recalibrating the controls in-game is probably the most controversial thing to do. I dunno if I'm doing it in the correct way.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy