Lap Records not showing in-game?

Posted by XenonS 
Lap Records not showing in-game?
Date: September 25, 2016 05:21PM
Posted by: XenonS
Hi,
I wonder why new lap records from me or the AI are not shown in-game in the Workshop menu or in the Track Info. Are these updated only after you have played a complete season?
I know that when playing mods you must enable 'Catch Records' in the GPxTrack section of GPxPatch, but that doesn't make records show in the game menu, only when you finish a race. Any method to make them show-up in-game?

Thanks,
XenonS
Re: Lap Records not showing in-game?
Date: September 25, 2016 08:16PM
Posted by: SDI
With 'Catch records' your own records are not recorded anymore, since they will always come from the track.

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Date: September 25, 2016 11:14PM
Hi René, thanks to respond, but I don't understand: do you mean I should disable 'Catch Records' if I want to get new records saved? And can I make them appear in the Workshop > Circuit Records ?

Thanks,
XenonS
Date: September 26, 2016 12:44AM
Posted by: brasil_2014
Good question XenonS... I would like to put my own records in the tracks.
Date: September 26, 2016 01:45AM
Yes you can do that, but mind that records are stored per track slot, not per (custom) track. I used to have the intention to store records per track checksum, but it never came about.

Date: September 26, 2016 06:48PM
I think I understand now how GPxPatch handles lap records: It's in the doc of GPxTrack (html readme), it uses ini files with [Tags] definitions. Records are then saved in F1gstate.sav and get updated for the CURRENT season you are playing. What appears in the Workshop menu are the OVERALL records instead. It would be logical if GP4 is updating these overall records after finishing a season (I vaguely remember F1GP and GP2 doing the same, but not sure).

To see the provisory lap records, I use the Record Editor whcih will show me 4 lines: 2 lines for the overall records that remain constant (until finishing a season?) and 2 lines for a '2000' season but this one is the current season you are playing. Record Editor uses only the default tracks, so if you play a mod you just have to remember what track nr.1 or track nr.x in you mod actually is.

XenonS
Date: September 26, 2016 07:36PM
Ok, I don't know about championship behavior and workshop.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy