2 GP4 game questions

Posted by XenonS 
2 GP4 game questions
Date: September 22, 2016 02:08PM
Posted by: XenonS
Fellow GP4 racers,

Now after a longer pause with the game I'm rather familiar with some mods, the game mechanics and most of the HowTo's, but 2 things still intrigue me about the game:

a)
The Message "Cease this lap, cease this lap" from my Pitcrew
Sometimes during the Friday/Saturday Training, I drive out and after only 1 lap my pitcrew give me this message to return to the pits. Is it that I have the wrong tires? Or why do they call me back?

b)
How can you make your lap records appear in-game?
I have used the Record Editor and added 1 minute to each record in order to have fresh records saved in the game. The Record Editor works fine, but when I get new records they don't appear in the game. What's up?

Thanks to clarifiy this for me ;-)

XenonS
Re: 2 GP4 game questions
Date: September 22, 2016 02:37PM
Posted by: Atticus.
That's "pit this lap, pit this lap!", not "cease this lap". It occurs when you're on a planned in-lap, i. e. your pit-in signal at the bottom right of your cockpit is on. It could switch on automatically (usually if you're running low on fuel) or you could switch it on and off manually by hitting Enter. If you're instructed to pit after just one lap (the light is on), it likely means you have issues with fuel consumption in your particular mod-track relation. Decrease fuel-related values in magic data.

I have no problems with records in-game, but then again I don't use custom mods.

My workthread - [www.grandprixgames.org]
Full of classic F1/non-F1 track layouts

My blog about F1 performance analysis - [thef1formbook.wordpress.com]
Date: September 22, 2016 06:46PM
Thanks Atticus, yeah, both points have to do with using a mod instead of the vanilla game. For the lap records I will check if the mod re-writes a new F1gstate.sav everytime, because I think lap records and team/driver names are saved there (other than Performance Files). I will try to set the mod to always swap this file and see what happens. This should save the lap records.

XenonS
Date: September 22, 2016 08:53PM
For the lap records:
No one of my mods (1991,2002,2006) will save my new Lap Records when they apply. In Workshop > Circuit Records the numbers will not change. My F1gsave.sav is correctly updated (I see the correct date and time) and my mods don't swap this file by default. No idea why it doesn't work. Maybe I need to "Save game state" everytime in the Workshop?
Thanks for other mod users to confirm that their lap records can be seen when going in-game, and if yes, do you save your game session normally or do you "Save Game State" and load it everytime?

XenonS

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2016 09:19PM by XenonS.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy