Latest news

Posted by Lo2k 
Latest news
Date: September 11, 2016 03:54PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Hi everyone,

I have a good and a bad news. Well, maybe 2 bad news.

First bad news :
RealGPx will shut down. That's quite some time Duffer and I are maintining the site and he has, like me, more real life duty and no more real ressources to put in the site.
So we agreed we will stop RealGPx this year.
Anyhow, all our files won't be lost. I always regretted when in the past some GP3/4 sites closed without any warning and downloads were lost or spread in the community.
So I will upload all of our files on gpgames progressively. I already started with tutorials you can now find in the misc download section

Second bad news :
I will probably retire definitely from the GP4 scene. Not that I was very active the latest months but I was still looking over this forum and realgpx' for topics with unanswered questions.
But real life and the loss of interest in GP4 in general leads me to other duties. Real life wise, I'm heavily learning linux to maybe become System Admin and get a work around it. Hobby wise, I always played a lot of games and found a new one to focus on lately : No Man's Sky. And you can already find some of my mods in the Nexus Mods.

The good news :
I won't retire like this :)
I mean : I really wan't to release all my unrelease stuff. Well, maybe not all because there's a bunch of them, but at least latest GP4 Builder version, because it has received a lot of work, with around 170 modifications, bug fixes, improvements and new features since 2015 version.
My only concern is that I don't wan't to release a buggy last version. But I also can't make heavily test sessions anymore to find where's hiding this bug that makes an object collapsing from time to time.
So I would like to know if some modders would like to give me a hand to track down this bug and speed up the release of a "final" version.
If you are interested, send me a pm and I will send you the link to the latest beta version.

So that's it. I'm sure that with your help, we will be able to tackle down that bug quickly and I will be able to officialy release that promising version once for all !

Best regards and see you soon for I hope a release and farewell post :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2016 03:58PM by Lo2k.
Re: Latest news
Date: September 11, 2016 04:10PM
Posted by: quickslick
very bad news that you'll leave the communtity Laurent, with you there's another great guy who's going away:(. Even if i can understand your decision about real life, you'll be a great loss for many of us. Thank you for all the amazing tools you've created during the years and for all your support. All the best for your future :)(Y)
Date: September 11, 2016 06:06PM
Posted by: Prblanco
Laurent, thank you for all the work you did for all these years. Without you the modding scene would be only a fraction of what it has become. I'm also truly grateful to be able to contribute a little to GP4Builder behind the scenes. It's inevitable that everyone will move on from GP4 someday so it's nice to finish this chapter with such a big impact like yours.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: September 11, 2016 06:35PM
Posted by: gezere

Me too..... :-( but I understand that. For important personal reasons, I am afraid to have the same feeling.

Anyway, Thank you very much for all you did for this game. Without all your fantastic tools, for sure, GP4 would not be at its current stage.

All the best Laurent (Y)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2016 06:40PM by gezere.
Date: September 11, 2016 06:40PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
A shame that you will stop with GP4, but the legacy of your works will continue.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: September 11, 2016 07:08PM
Posted by: munnzy
To say that you have been the cornerstone of the community is a understatement Laurent.
You have provided tools and knowledge to extend the the use of GP4 well beyond its years,
we can only thank you deeply for your time and effort over the years and wish you all the best in anything you turn your hand too.
Thank you again sir
regards
munnzy
Date: September 11, 2016 07:37PM
Posted by: thestig88
Thank you Laurent and all the best!
Date: September 11, 2016 07:42PM
Posted by: neilcaine
Sad news Laurent, I enjoy using GP4 builder to update tracks every season and the amount of options and help it gives is huge. I also appreciate all the help you have given me with questions I have had for you about various aspects of track editing, nothing seemed too much trouble for you and you always seemed to know the answer!

Best wishes for the future

kind regards
Date: September 11, 2016 08:04PM
Posted by: Brett Sinclair
Thanks for all your work my friend, I enjoyed it very much, sad to see you go, but I respect your decision, real life comes first. ;)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Date: September 11, 2016 09:13PM
Thanks to all of you, that's heart-warming :)

Date: September 11, 2016 09:35PM
Posted by: Atticus.
I frankly can't imagine GP4 without your involvement which I think says a lot about your influence. This quote sums it up pretty well.

munnzy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To say that you have been the cornerstone of the
> community is a understatement Laurent.

I wish you all the best with your next adventure and thank you for all the things you did for GP4 and the Grand Prix Games community in general and me in particular. (Just answering some questions about track modding.)

(I secretly hope you'll stick around replying to the odd topics every now and then, lol. ;))

My workthread - [www.grandprixgames.org]
Full of classic F1/non-F1 track layouts

My blog about F1 performance analysis - [thef1formbook.wordpress.com]
Date: September 11, 2016 10:19PM
Posted by: n00binio
Atticus. schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> (I secretly hope you'll stick around replying to
> the odd topics every now and then, lol. ;))

This, even if it's not for gp4 or modding it would still be nice if you would pop in from time to time just to say hi.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: September 11, 2016 11:34PM
Posted by: auscain
Anybody paying attention may have anticipated this day coming. Personally I was just hoping it wouldn't be so soon knowing that you wanted to complete as much as you could with the Builder.

All the best with Linux. I believe that you will excel in whatever you put your mind to. Linux is a platform that I use with some of my work-related equipment. I do have a keen interest.

I am using the GP4 Builder on a regular basis.
Without your efforts my hobbie and interest in building some old tracks that I knew back home would not exist.

Thank you very much for creating tools for GP4 and for also applying such a big effort building the tutorial that I honestly used as a reference to learn how to do different things many many times.

Regards,
Greg

PS: PM to follow.
Date: September 12, 2016 11:41AM
Posted by: davegp4
Time changes & Life changes everyone, but look what you've done for the GP community
may you find some way of cracking the sorce code out there, ha(I)
Cheers Laurent.(B)

Latest Themes / Mods > [www.mediafire.com]
You Tube Video's [www.youtube.com]
________________________________________±
Date: September 12, 2016 12:02PM
Posted by: Alesi_fan
Hi Laurent

I wish you a great future and I guess you will read this site for some time anyway, even if you stop do things for gp4, like me.
It is nice to see the progress that still going on and what has happend since it started a long time ago.
And it is very much thanks to you that this has been possible. I salute you.

take care
U/
Date: September 12, 2016 01:34PM
Posted by: vesuvius
This didn´t came out as a surprise, but still it´s sad news. I wish you all the best for the future and as others have said, I do hope you will still visit the site sometimes.

It has been a remarkable journey, a long time trip and yet now it feels as a so short time, but it has been amazing time to follow the progress of your work in all these years.
You have made it possible for us to enjoy the new updates, that we have now and you have made it possible for us to keep gp4 alive till to day and beyond. We were very lucky to had someone like you with us and make the great game even better, as a gratitude best thing we can give you back is to use your great tools and knowledgement to still keep on updating/improving gp4 in a future, thank you Laurent.
Date: September 12, 2016 01:42PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
Merci Laurent for all the work you did for GP4! You are maybe the most important person for GP4 right behind Geoff Crammond himself (Y).

And thanks you are planning to release a final Builder-version (Y).

I allways liked your stuff so much.
Date: September 12, 2016 05:24PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Thanks so much Laurent for all you have given for GP4, and for the help you have provided me in the past! :)
I wish you all the best for the future, your presence will be missed - so hopefully you'll pop by every now and then! :)

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: September 13, 2016 12:12AM
Thanks to you all again for your kind words, particulary Auscain for his long and touching post.
And I also completely agree with vesuvius' "as a gratitude best thing we can give you back is to use your great tools and knowledgement to still keep on updating/improving gp4 in a future"

That always was my biggest reward since the first day : Seeing you guys using my tools/mods/tuts and seeing what you were achieving with them.

Thanks to you too for all those productive years and this great community spirit.

Date: September 13, 2016 12:30AM
Posted by: truecrysis
Thank you for all the work and time you've put in to the community Laurent! Your builder is the tool that took me from downloading other people's mods to making my own and I'm sure many others could say the same.

The fact your name comes up in a very large percentage of the credits of all the downloads for GP4 speaks for itself as to the impact you've had!

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy