Grand Prix 4 Motogp 2016 old post don't bother

Posted by davegp4 
Grand Prix 4 Motogp 2016 old post don't bother
Date: August 24, 2016 04:46PM
Posted by: davegp4
first version you guessed it no lean angle, but possible with paint jobs for all teams & helmet tilt + wheel rotation(I)
looks ok but no lean angle, shocking;-(
second version I built onto the helmet itself, the paint work for the helmet is there, however my add-ons to the helmet stay white.
solution, modd a full helmet + bike then you can paint all bikes (22 helmets) now the angle is not to bad, I had to tweak a lot
the bike sits in a slight wheel stand position on the grid but will lean into the corners & give the illusion of two wheels firmly on the tarmac.
which brings me to the wheel itself, the wheels is in a fixed position but I added round brake discs which hides the non rotation some what.
the wheels keep there black colour thankfully. the theme is looking really good, the cockpit view is the best, it gives realistic illusion of a motogp bike.
T-cam mode not so good, I'm having trouble sensitiveness of the helmet (tweaker didn't do much) so if your ok with paint on helmet & white bikes, then you'll
be happy with this version, I remember GP 1 & 2 those wheels didn't turn but I still had a great race.
that's were I'm at with this thing, will have a youtube clip up soon.

sorry about the essay(O)

[youtu.be] Grand Prix 4 Motogp 2016

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2016 05:15AM by davegp4.
Wow, what an intriguing project!

I would have never thought there would be a MotoGP mod for GP4 that would actually work. It sounds pretty smart how you managed to work around the limitations.

My workthread - [www.grandprixgames.org]
Full of classic F1/non-F1 track layouts

My blog about F1 performance analysis - [thef1formbook.wordpress.com]
Hi Atticus there some big limitations but its an enjoyable ride(B) video soon.

Latest Themes / Mods > [www.mediafire.com]
You Tube Video's [www.youtube.com]
________________________________________±
Top idea.. honestly id be happy with with an aesthetically pleasing F1 carshape/s, like say, anything 1989-1995 or maybe anything 2003-2008, painted up in motogp liveries and performance files added and so on.. someone did these mods in GP2 way back and it was quite enjoyable
Things that need fixing:

A shadow under the bike would make the game 50% more appealing (I think this is possible quick fix)(I)

Modding a bike shape onto the helmet (big job)(I)

Someone to paint everything (not asking much)(B)

Is it possible to make the helmet only tilt from side to side? instead of a forward radius.(@)

Lets say the bike & helmet are modded as one, then you could use team editor to adjust the view for a cockpit view (shrinking the actual cockpit shape to a minimum so it doesn't show in game)(I)

Rotating wheels are the biggest problem, I have no ideas.(O)

everybody is welcome to get on board with this and try to come up with something better(I)(G)

Latest Themes / Mods > [www.mediafire.com]
You Tube Video's [www.youtube.com]
________________________________________±
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy