World Formula Championship [RELEASED]

Posted by timtoffee 
World Formula Championship [RELEASED]
Date: June 20, 2016 10:39AM
Posted by: timtoffee
Welcome to the World Formula Championship. A totally custom racing series created by myself. It's still a work in progress but I will post updates here for you guys.

Once again it will be a standalone mod based on tom's excellent 2014 laptop edition and using maikel's carshapes.

Get it here
[www.mediafire.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2016 04:13AM by timtoffee.
Yiehaaaaaa... another one, I hope Belgium is in it... ;)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Re: [STANDALONE MOD]World Formula Championship
Date: June 20, 2016 11:26PM
Brett Sinclair Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yiehaaaaaa... another one, I hope Belgium is in
> it... ;)

Well my friend you will just have to wait and see teehee
Date: June 20, 2016 11:55PM
Update 1... Here are the first 8 teams entered into the World Formula Championship.

1. Hype Motorsports

2. Quantum Motorsports

3.Ocean Motorsports

4.Storey Motorsports

5.Genysis Motorsports

6.Reflex Motorsports

7.Blackheart Motorsports

8.Tonbux Motorsports
Great job Tim... like always, you getting better and better in doing this... well done mate ! ;-)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
Date: June 22, 2016 09:13PM
Brett Sinclair Wrote:
> Great job Tim... like always, you getting better
> and better in doing this... well done mate ! ;-)

Thank you my friend i'm trying my best to make good mods and think of ideas... Long way to go yet with helmet making etc.... Working on some overlays to see how they look also... Could do with some help sometime in making a decent hud for my work thlough if anyone can give me some hints and tips on that.
Date: September 25, 2016 05:47PM
Posted by: Brett Sinclair
Hallo Tim,

any news about this mod ;-)

Date: September 25, 2016 05:48PM
Hey buddy well yeah I'm getting there slowly just a few more things to do I think lol I'll keep you posted
Date: September 25, 2016 05:54PM
Thanks Tim...

Date: September 28, 2016 11:50AM
From what I can gather I don't think there is much more to do to get this finished, Just trying to rack my brain as i go along to see if i've forgotten anything.
Date: September 28, 2016 10:15PM
Few teething problems as the end is nigh for this mod to be completed. One of the cars goes white at random intervals. Grid car team art has a mind of its own and making new pitcrews crashes the game... So not much fun at the moment but ill get there i guess.
Re: World Formula Championship [RELEASED]
Date: October 11, 2016 12:52PM
Well the predicted release date is.....NOW!!!!! Here it is finally after working on this for what felt like eternity lol... Happy driving and happy gaming everyone...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2016 04:13AM by timtoffee.
Date: October 11, 2016 02:58PM
Posted by: XenonS
Hello Tim,
you're doing an awesome work here, the cars look gorgious as do the message menus. Very nice, I'm looking forward to play your mod (H)

This may be interesting for you concerning Pitcrew-related or other game crashes:
My experience with other mods is:

If you allow more cars in Free Practice mode the game will most likely end up crashing because they all start together and make 1 giant sortie for the fuel you set. The default game is only set for 1 car in free practice (AI or yourself). One solution could be either disabling AI car sounds during Free Practice, or to increase the buffer size for car sounds to be played simultaneously, but still crashes will occur IMO.
In other race types (Friday/Saturday practice, Warm-up), the sortie routine of the cars is a better one, but if 2 cars of the same team go out at the same time then GP4 will most likely crash, the pitcrew routine gets confused, this is a native GP4 bug.

I also noticed in most mods that leaving 3D world to change car setups will often crash the game when returning to cockpit. Reason unknown to me.

I hope this will help you somehow.

Go on with your nice work :-)

Greetings,
XenonS

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2016 03:17PM by XenonS.
Date: October 11, 2016 04:07PM
Well thank you. I think I messed up with that with splinted but sorted it so all good
Date: October 13, 2016 01:23AM
I have been informed by Marcus that there is a problem with running the mod because of something I did and I shouldn't I have rectified the problem and will reupload and paste new link before i go to bed and hopefully wont take too long to zip cos im shattered.
Date: October 13, 2016 04:12AM
Ok guys problem should be fixed now...new download link in first post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2016 04:14AM by timtoffee.
Date: October 14, 2016 04:52PM
It works now Tim, thank you it's a great mod... only the cars make sponsorship for Pirelli and they drive with Good Year Eagle tyres... that's a litlle bit funny ;)

Date: October 14, 2016 04:54PM
I know I only thought of that afterwards. But oh well
Date: October 14, 2016 07:50PM
timtoffee Schreef:
> I know I only thought of that afterwards. But oh
> well

+1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy