Queensland Raceway [Early Alpha available - Do as you please]

Posted by AUS_Doug 
Queensland Raceway - WIP

'The Paperclip', located in Ipswich, Queensland, Australia is a short (3.12 kilometres) six corner circuit that plays host to a round of the Australian V8 Supercar championship, as well as Superbikes, drifting events and club and track days.
The lack of elevation provides a great viewing experience for crowds, with the entire circuit visible from any vantage point.

Update:

It's almost certain now that I won't be able to take this any further for the foreseeable future, so I'm making available my .dat & .gp4 for anyone else who might want to have a go.
(The Google Maps image I used as a base is also included, and is mapped to a plane in the .gp4)
Download Here
This, I think, would make a great starting point for anyone looking at getting into track building - This circuit is about as simple as you're ever likely to see.
If you want to work with the tarmac, banks etc that are in the .gp4 at the moment, I was using Montreal as a base, so GP4 Builder will want those textures.

What needs doing:
* Elevation of the circuit; It doesn't have a whole lot, being mostly flat.
* Pitlane needs some adjusting; In my testing, 1 race out of 3, a car from Team 1 would get stuck. And the shape isn't perfect.
* Surrounding land, fences and all other graphical stuff.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2024 10:25PM by AUS_Doug.
Awesome to see this track be made. Which year do you plan to base it on?

Not 100% sure yet.

First I have to decide if I want pre-2011 (bumpy) or post-2011 (smooth).

Then I guess it'll be a matter of which year I can find the most pictures of, for signage and stuff.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Re: Queensland Raceway [WIP - Video in first post]
Date: May 26, 2016 03:19PM
Posted by: Macca25
That's awesome, I'm looking at putting a V8 Supercar calendar together with tracks that the championship has visited. This would be a great edition.

So far I have...
Melbourne
Bathurst
Adelaide
Gold Coast
Oran Park
Phillip Island
Shanghai
Bahrain
Abu Dubai
Circuit Of The Americas

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2024 10:31PM by Macca25.
Macca25 Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's awesome, I'm looking at putting a V8
> Supercar calendar together with tracks that the
> championship has visited. This would be a great
> edition.
>
> So far I have...
> Melbourne
> Bathurts
> Adelaide
> Gold Coast
> Oran Park
> Malaysia
> Bahrain
> Abu Dubai
> Circuit Of The Americas

lol

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Macca25 Wrote:
> That's awesome, I'm looking at putting a V8
> Supercar calendar together with tracks that the
> championship has visited. This would be a great
> edition.
>
> So far I have...
> Melbourne
> Bathurts
> Adelaide
> Gold Coast
> Oran Park
> Malaysia
> Bahrain
> Abu Dubai
> Circuit Of The Americas

you'd need to replace Malaysia with Shanghai. Also there is a Phillip Island that you could use.

Ruben you missed the Abu Dubai typo too ;)

X (@ed24f1)
I've updated the first post with a link to the .dat and .gp4, for anyone who wants to take this project on.
I'm almost certainly not going to find time to resume working on this anytime in the foreseeable future, so I figure this is the best course of action.
I thoroughly recommend this project to anyone who wants to get into track making; it requires a bit of everything, but lacks the complexity of a street circuit or something with lots of elevation changes.

Cheers,
Doug.

Re: Queensland Raceway [WIP - Video in first post]
Date: August 28, 2016 12:43PM
Posted by: Atticus.
Turbo Lover Wrote:
> Macca25 Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That's awesome, I'm looking at putting a V8
> > Supercar calendar together with tracks that the
> > championship has visited. This would be a great
> > edition.
> >
> > So far I have...
> > Melbourne
> > Bathurts
> > Adelaide
> > Gold Coast
> > Oran Park
> > Malaysia
> > Bahrain
> > Abu Dubai
> > Circuit Of The Americas
>
>
>
> lol

It's a running joke nowadays. :)

My workthread - [www.grandprixgames.org]
Full of classic F1/non-F1 track layouts

My blog about F1 performance analysis - [thef1formbook.wordpress.com]
Sorry for the bump...

Is this track usable? I can't get it to work...
Ciao non riesco a farla funzionare, qualcuno c'è riuscito ? secondo me e il wad che è corrotto/sbagliato , può essere? fate sapere
nhorry écrivait:
> Sorry for the bump...
>
> Is this track usable? I can't get it to work...

The same for me ; is someone can help us ? I never understood what's wrong.

[sharemods.com]

VIDEOS OF TRACKS AND MODS (WITH DOWNLOAD LINKS) MADE BY THE MEMBERS OF GRANDPRIXGAMES
[twitter.com]
I did a first and last update of this track cause me too I couldn't play. I will not finish it cause permission of AUS_Doug is required. I'm finally not really interested by this track that's too monotone (?).

Video and download link :

[twitter.com]

VIDEOS OF TRACKS AND MODS (WITH DOWNLOAD LINKS) MADE BY THE MEMBERS OF GRANDPRIXGAMES
[twitter.com]
I can take a look at the dat file.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Turbo Lover écrivait:
> I can take a look at the dat file.

Yes, Turbo Lover, you can. Besides, I didn't know import the original kerbs. In fact, I tried my best to do an update the most pleasant. I saw the track on Youtube and I didn't like it very much. (P.S : I promise not to call you again Turbo "Omelette" Lover ;-) )

[twitter.com]
Can someone describe what the exact problem is with the track?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

The problem it's that was not a wad. I did one and did again the ccline. I improved a little basic track (below) if someone is interested to work on this track.

[www.mediafire.com]

[twitter.com]
Turbo Lover made a better dat file for Queensland Raceway. Now if someone is interested to make a complete track, I think there's a good basic work for him.

[www.mediafire.com]

[twitter.com]
AUS_Doug, thank you for your alpha track and the opportunity to continue your work.

[twitter.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy