Player & AI RPM

Posted by RHill 
Player & AI RPM
Date: May 25, 2016 11:28PM
Posted by: RHill
Can the players RPM value be set differently to the AI's anywhere? Basically so the AI use one RPM and the player another.

I see in the physics editor that power at max RPM can be set for the player only. If I lower this power, will the player be slower throughout the Rev range?
Re: Player & AI RPM
Date: May 26, 2016 01:45AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
>Can the players RPM value be set differently to the AI's anywhere? Basically so the AI use one RPM and the player another.

Not that I know of; As far as I know, Player and AI use the same RPM limit.

>I see in the physics editor that power at max RPM can be set for the player only. If I lower this power, will the player be slower throughout the Rev range?

This question I'm not so sure about; I think that the actual in-game BHP is controlled by the Performance files.
At some point this may not have been the case - for example, before GPxPatch read Player Power and Grip from the performance file - and this why, before, a the Player in a Minardi would be as fast in a straight line as a Ferrari.
Someone who has a bit more experience with the physics editor might be able to give you a clearer answer here though.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy