Posted by: Bandon23
JohnWarrington schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm going to be running the Australian GP on
> Thursday/Friday. Would you guys like me to keep
> the driver bias for it? If yes then I'll keep the
> driver bias from the Malaysian GP unless I receive
> a change request via pm

I'll keep on that, yes, if it's not too much of that problem.
Re: F1 Manager Revised - 2006 Season
Date: May 17, 2016 03:35PM
Posted by: fandericciardo3
Honda
Yes! Yes Felipe! YES! Finally a place on the podium! What a drive for Felipe Massa, he's definitely the Driver of the Weekend.
Shame about Sutil losing out to a points finish, he would surely keep that up for the next race.
Date: May 19, 2016 04:13PM
Posted by: Jawz
Not too bad at all from Lewis, shame about Michael though. We'll bounce back the next race I'm sure!
Date: May 21, 2016 11:10AM
Posted by: F1_Manager
With myself having no internet in my new flat, I've managed to run both Australia and San Marino. I'll look to get Australia posted ASAP.

Also, I'm thinking of implementing some form of activity check system so those who are active end up at the front
Date: May 21, 2016 05:26PM
F1_Manager schrieb:
> With myself having no internet in my new flat,
> I've managed to run both Australia and San Marino.
> I'll look to get Australia posted ASAP.
>
> Also, I'm thinking of implementing some form of
> activity check system so those who are active end
> up at the front

Good to see. Activity checks are important to be in this series, just like previous F1 manager.
Date: May 21, 2016 05:53PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
Good to see 2 races have been run, but this also means driver bias has been rejected?

I see no problem with activity checks, it's as common as it gets nowadays :)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: May 21, 2016 05:59PM
MDBSnake Wrote:
> Good to see 2 races have been run, but this also
> means driver bias has been rejected?
>
> I see no problem with activity checks, it's as
> common as it gets nowadays :)

I've ran one with and one without to test the effect of the system. See what people think after seeing the results
Date: May 21, 2016 06:07PM
F1_Manager Schreef:
> MDBSnake Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Good to see 2 races have been run, but this
> also
> > means driver bias has been rejected?
> >
> > I see no problem with activity checks, it's as
> > common as it gets nowadays :)
>
> I've ran one with and one without to test the
> effect of the system. See what people think after
> seeing the results

That clarifies things :) All right then ;-)

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
Date: May 24, 2016 11:06PM
F1_Manager schrieb:
> MDBSnake Wrote:
> -----
> > Good to see 2 races have been run, but this
> also
> > means driver bias has been rejected?
> >
> > I see no problem with activity checks, it's as
> > common as it gets nowadays :)
>
> I've ran one with and one without to test the
> effect of the system. See what people think after
> seeing the results

We'll see, fingers crossed
Date: May 25, 2016 12:02AM
Update

As I have had no internet recently, I've been able to run up to round 6!!. I've also spent a lot of time editing the excel spreadsheet to include perf valuations and many other things, making things a lot smoother away from the track.

As a result I've made a number of rule changes (some of which won't come in until next season)

The first thing that you should notice is that driver bias has been scrapped all together. I may bring it back at a later date for the 2007 season but a new structure needs to be thought out before then. This is a decision I'm going to open out to you guys, all suggestions are welcome. I'm also looking at the possibility of a setup reward for free practice sessions if you think it's a good idea.

The following has been added

End of Season Perf Boosts

- At the end of each season, the amount of performance points each driver has earned during the season is divided by 10 to level the field

- Additional perf points are also awarded for seasons completed, victories, podiums, points total, fastest laps, pole positions and for winning the Driver's Championship (IRL not included).

- Drivers also receive perf boosts for starting races and taking part in Free Practice and Testing Sessions.

- Perf points are deducted if a driver fails to finish a race and also if they continue competing in the series passed their last race in Formula One.

C) Test Sessions

- Every team has the opportunity to take part in Pre-Season and Mid-Season test sessions that occur throughout the season.

- Teams can take part in Pre-Season testing free of charge, but are limited to attending a maximum of two sessions. (TO BE BROUGHT IN FOR 2007)

- Teams can attend as many mid-season test sessions as they wish, but must also pay a fee of £750k for each session they do attend. (TO BE BROUGHT IN FOR 2007 - All teams will attend each 2006 session)

- At a test session, each team has the option of focusing on improving pace, which increasing their BHP value and also slightly increasing their failure rate, or on reliability which does the opposite. (Improvement values have been chosen at random for each session)

- Team Managers can choose any of their contracted drivers to take part in a test session. Unless otherwise stated, each team will attend the session using their Free Practice driver lineup.

4) Activity Checks

- Activity checks are carried out on a race by race basis in order to encourage managers to engage with the series. There will be a minimum period of a week between each race.

- If a manager fails to post within the activity window, they will incur the following penalties:

1st Warning - 10 Point WCC Deduction
2nd Warning - 15 Points WCC Deduction
3rd Warning - Expulsion from the series

- Warnings can be avoided by informing us beforehand that you are going to be inactive.

- If a manager is removed from the series, all penalties applied to their team will be rescinded once a new manager is appointed.
Date: May 25, 2016 01:12PM
I do like the rule changes, should look good as the season progresses.
Date: May 25, 2016 08:03PM
Posted by: miki2000milos
F1_Manager Wrote:
> - At a test session, each team has the option of
> focusing on improving pace, which increasing their
> BHP value and also slightly increasing their
> failure rate, or on reliability which does the
> opposite. (Improvement values have been chosen at
> random for each session)

Can this go in vain too? so ex. I want to improve BHP, but I only get like 1 BHP and an extra 1000 Failure Rate, which would effectively make my test pointless.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
Date: May 25, 2016 09:17PM
miki2000milos Wrote:
> F1_Manager Wrote:
> -----
> > - At a test session, each team has the option
> of
> > focusing on improving pace, which increasing
> their
> > BHP value and also slightly increasing their
> > failure rate, or on reliability which does the
> > opposite. (Improvement values have been chosen
> at
> > random for each session)
>
> Can this go in vain too? so ex. I want to improve
> BHP, but I only get like 1 BHP and an extra 1000
> Failure Rate, which would effectively make my test
> pointless.

No. There will definitely be gains otherwise the test would be pointless. However, certain test sessions will see more of a gain than others. For example, 1 test could see a 10 bhp increase and a 1000 reliability increase while another may have a 20 bhp and 2000 reliability increase
Date: May 27, 2016 09:25AM
2006 Australian Grand Prix - Free Practice

In a dry free practice session in Melbourne, Mclaren's Kimi Raikkonen set the fastest time. The Mclaren driver set a time of 1:25.898 ahead of BMW's Ralf Schumacher and Williams' Giancarlo Fisichella.

Date: May 27, 2016 12:49PM
BMW Sauber

Day looks to us is good at the moment, with Ralf 2nd is another strong one and for De La Rosa in 8th just perfectly matched with Alonso, which is awesome. We should be looking forward to the quali very happily indeed and see what happens next.

Super Aguri

Two drivers managed to set a great lap times and possibly we're surprised that we've gone ahead of 3 cars which is absolutely great for our team. It won't be fairly easy to catch them in quali so whatever happens we'll take the chance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2016 09:59PM by Bandon23.
Date: May 27, 2016 03:36PM
Posted by: fandericciardo3
Honda
Sutil still hasn't impressed us yet. We've even expected him to be ahead of his teammate or at least 3 places behind teammate.
Date: May 27, 2016 09:17PM
Posted by: Jawz
Lewis did some good laps for us, very pleased about his long run pace. Ide has been there to test out some new parts which unfortunately didn't suit very well, hence the slow time. We'll do our absolute best to make sure those parts will be ready the next race.
Date: May 27, 2016 09:51PM
Toro Rosso

David seems to be up there almost every race, while Robert can only manage to come to midfield. Let's see if we can turn this around!

Date: May 27, 2016 10:37PM
Posted by: Twigster151
Seemed to be more dialed in here from the off, hopefully we can keep this pace up throughout the weekend.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Date: May 28, 2016 12:08AM
Posted by: miki2000milos
what happened to Renault? :O We were great in pre-season, and now all of a sudden we are getting beaten by a Williams, Toyota and Red Bull!
Did the guys get lazy after the championship win in 2005? xD

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy