GPGSL S10: Season over! Thank you and goodbye. See you in S11 ||v||

Posted by GPGSL 
The new rule has been added to the P1 rules page, with an S11 notification.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Boost deadline for Bathurst extended to 8pm BST Saturday 30th April.

I congratulate the board on a good decision, while I don't completely agree with the rule for S11, I accept that as it is now there, that's the rule we play by.
But to overturn their decision based on earlier incidents and to let it continue this season is fantastic fair play.
I agree with all points made by the heads of the league. Sadly, I'll lose a place following that decision but if I hadn't it wouldn't be fair for the drivers affected.

As for the rule for next season I do agree too. If we mess with one GP4 bug we might as well mess with all. In fact, I think we should ditch the rule about drivers pitting at the same time (rule 19 in P1), since it's similar to what happened here. Moreover, that bug hasn't been seen in quite a while (thankfully).

On the racing side, YAY! BATHURST! I just can't wait to see how this one turns out. I'm pretty sure this will be a crazy race, even by GPGSL standards.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Carlitox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree with all points made by the heads of the
> league. Sadly, I'll lose a place following that
> decision but if I hadn't it wouldn't be fair for
> the drivers affected.
>
> As for the rule for next season I do agree too. If
> we mess with one GP4 bug we might as well mess
> with all. In fact, I think we should ditch the
> rule about drivers pitting at the same time (rule
> 19 in P1), since it's similar to what happened
> here. Moreover, that bug hasn't been seen in quite
> a while (thankfully).
>
> On the racing side, YAY! BATHURST! I just can't
> wait to see how this one turns out. I'm pretty
> sure this will be a crazy race, even by GPGSL
> standards.

The drivers pitting at the same time has been largely eliminated since we changed to a one stop race. However, I did notice it with my Bathurst tests, but the pit window was set for 4 laps. Editing it to 6 laps seems to have cured that though.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
SCR is staying with its current driver line-up for the remainder of the season. Joseph will remain in the test seat until S11.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
A daring decision!

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
The GPGSL board don't half make some weird decisions.

Sorry Chris, Dean, I think the results should have stood as posted in the official results tables.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
The only fair decision imo, everything else would've been unequal treatment.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
There was much discussion on the subject. Fair enough that the tables were posted, but there was a precedent, so for the remainder of S10 if it happens again the results will, and should be amended. It's not a strange decision, as already said, we don't want to start by interfering will all the bugs that can crop up in Grand Prix 4 by bending the rules all the time it wouldn't be realistically fair to everyone. The best option is to run with the dynamics of Grand Prix 4.
We can't all be winners, that's what makes it interesting, you just never know what the AI is going to do, or how a track performs. We're not playing for sheep-stations, it's just for fun. :-)

wait whuut so that means im still a race driver? Sweet :)

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
and i loose out... :(
But the positive is that my teammate gets us more points.
mortal écrivait:
> We're not playing for sheep-stations, it's just for fun.

Meh, I've lost a point.

Pedersen Wrote:
> and i loose out... :(
> But the positive is that my teammate gets us more
> points.

I hadn't thought of it like that lol. Don't worry I'm sure my bad luck will be back next race lol

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Bathurst circuit remembers me "Highway to the danger zone... I'll take you... Right into the danger zone" ;)

So anxious and curious to see our performance!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Snake Motorsports Press Release

After Snake Motorsports' announcement to stay in the GPGSL and the departure of Jake Legge to start his own team adventure, it was time to re-organise the team. A first step herein has been taken by signing a new race driver to join the Netherlands based team.

It is to my delight that I can announce the Flying Dutchmen Maikel de Boer and the Flying Finn Aidan Keranen will be teaming up to take a next step up for the team in season 11. Aidan coming over from the established True North Racing, which is pulling out at the end of season 10, is sure to bring new energy to the team.

"I'm very happy to have been able to add Aidan to my team, he has been scoring very good especially in the races. It is my believe Aidan will be able to score highly with us in S11, we are going to be aiming high!"

Aidan was available for a interview on the next step of his career:

"After TNR were announced to be leaving, I've found myself without a seat. With a lot of movement going around, I wasn't the quickest to make moves to get a seat. My approach to Snake however was surprising, I thought a test seat was probably my best chance and I've gotten a race seat!
S11 is going to be exciting for me, I'll be lining up for my first full season of race driving with a great team. I realise that it's going to be difficult, but I still have a few rounds this season to finish as well as I can and start next season on the front foot.
I share Maikel's enthusiasm, we'll be aiming high next season!"

Further news about Snake Motorsports will be made available when we are ready, there is no news yet on the shape or livery we will be going to use going into S11.

Signed,

Maikel de Boer
Snake Motorsports

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Rod_vs Wrote:
> Bathurst circuit remembers me "Highway to the
> danger zone... I'll take you... Right into the
> danger zone" ;)
>
> So anxious and curious to see our performance!

Hoping I can do us proud in the testers race!

Best of luck Aidan, you're joining a great team.

Maikel, I forgot to say this when I was making my previous announcements, but thanks for having us on board this season. I hope we can finish the season on a high!

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> The GPGSL board don't half make some weird
> decisions.
>
> Sorry Chris, Dean, I think the results should have
> stood as posted in the official results tables.

To be honest, I wouldn't dispute it whichever way the board went with - if we cross the finish line and get our position ignoring the bug, it's just a standard race (with a habitual engine blow-out five yards after crossing the line ;) ). If not, there is the angle that a DNF was put against my name given the electrical failure I suffered and that I never crossed the line, having parked it cos the thing just cut out before the line.

Just a quirk of GP4 and I'm happy either way - sure I can be frustrated a little that I 'retired' so close to the finish line, but if it had happened a lap earlier there never would have been an issue, I would have retired from the race full stop.

In the end, this series is an enjoyable thing for all of us (for over a decade if you include WGP/w300, and it is a credit to us all that it has lasted so long) - no-one's life will be irreparably damaged because GP4 decided they didn't cross the finish line because they pitted on the last lap.

Diax F1 Wrote:
> no-one's life will be
> irreparably damaged because GP4 decided they
> didn't cross the finish line because they pitted
> on the last lap.

mine did ;)

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy