GPGSL S10: Season over! Thank you and goodbye. See you in S11 ||v||

Posted by GPGSL 
not my best performance. but lets do some overtaking and win it shall we! =)
inb4 I retire from a podium place again

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
Pleased with 9th, been a while since I was in the points :-) The car feels better here at Zandvoort so hopefully both the race drivers can pick up some points in the race.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Wow that wasnt expected but in the race everything is possible

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Oh man, last place, tough race coming ahead, finishing the race is my only option here
5th. Good result for me. All I need now is a good start and hopefully that will get me into the lead. I manage that, and I may have a chance for the win.

Turbo Lover écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jack Hunsley as 1st test driver is out, so he is
> replaced by the 1st race driver.
>
> I will not change it.

As I said not a big deal, thanks to you and John to clarify. As for my iPad that's a common bug on it I'm afraid, it just can't load a huge number of pics. I have to leave with that.

13th on qualy, could have been worse, a shame Gio couldn't have a better place. Waiting for a lot of DNF to have some kind of decent results.

ZG02LN Render Scenes

Here is a few render scenes I've made for the ZG02LN. Any team owners who will be using the ZG02LN who would like a render done, feel free to send me a copy of the TGA file for the livery.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2016 11:07AM by Mullet345.
Nice livery and nice render. Just one suggestion: fix the shape's normals.

My GPGSL Career
red stripes look like they still could use some work

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
I like the livery, Greg! I agree with Tobi that the stripes could use some detail work but I also know what a pain in the ass it is get them all clean at the transitions. Using the wireframe offers a big help there. And the Galaxy S7 advertisement needs some light repositioning.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Can help you if you want, I am one of these detail loving freaks who need to get the pixels in perfect alignment.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Ohh noes.. starting from the midfield at my home gp :-|

Well, there can always be a heroic race from P12, with a good start while avoiding some crashing cars. A massive pitstop strategy while it starts raining, making the best out of a safety car while a wild deer jumps on someones car. In the last 4 laps cutting through the rest of field to take the lead in the last lap and win the race while having a slow puncture.

Jep.. sounds like a plan!

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
GPGSL S10, Round 16, Dutch GP, Zandvoort

RACE DAY!

Part 1

Hello folks, it's race day! Welcome back to still sunny Zandvoort! The weather report predicts a light chance of rain towards the end of the race, but it's unlikely it will really hit us. So we can prepare for a dry race as well. Charrel Jalving still has a lot of catching up to do if he wants to hit the podium on his home grandprix. Carlos Rodriguez is obviously in a stellar position to transform his pole into a win.

All this we will find out in the next half an hour! As we see, the cars are lined up, the engines are started, the red lights are on and .... there they go!

Maverick manages to defend P4 against Ancevski, who had a great start and Thomas also has the better ending against Kederer on the inside line. Ancevski even has to defend against Copeman and is successful to keep P5 for now.

Further in the back, we see that Sanvitale had a really bad start, being last, while Michail managed to get past him and both the TNRs.

The midfield meanwhile is mixed up with drivers, including Elleker and Nell in the background, who didn't manage to win positions at the start.

And here comes an attack from Pederson, I think Moinet is his opponent ...

But Moinet keeps the inside line and stays in front. Pedersen, on the other hand, knows that he has to get past and into the points as quickly as possible, if his championship hopes shall not come to a rude end today.

Meanwhile, at the front, Greenhalgh is close to Rodriguez! Will we see an attack for the lead? Behind, Maverick attempts a pass on Legge for P3!

Uh oh, that is close ... too close!

Greenhalgh hits the rear of Rodriguez!

Rodriguez is able to keep the car on the track, but Greenhalgh starts to spin!

Maverick and Legge manage somehow to get past him ...

But Warrington ...

And O'Brien are not so lucky! That's two direct hits into the front of Greenhalgh's car.

Logically, this causes a traffic jam behind the accident where every driver attempts to get past the small gap without losing positions. What a mess!

It's easy to see that all three accident drivers are out of the race!

Now that the drivers are through the gap, the situation is as follows: Rodriguez and Maverick with a small gap to Legge, who is hunted by Ancevski and Copeman in a three car group and then with yet another gap follows the main field.

Legge is too slow for Ancevski's taste and he shows how a proper overtaking looks like here in Zandvoort. It's an easy catch at the end of the start finish straight.

Pedersen is still stuck behind Kittleson but Nell goes for the attack on Moinet ...

... and slots in in front and now directly behind Elleker.

At the back, Sanvitale overtakes Horváth.

Now that Ancevski is past Legge, it looks like the group is able to keep a constant distance to Maverick.

Rodriguez, however, is keen to get away from him as asap and burns a fastest lap into the Dutch asphalt.

Nell, further back, attempts to get past his championship rival Elleker, but is blocked this time.

De Bruyker behind is luckier and catches Moinet for the unloved P13.

And Sanvitale is on a streak, it seems, and catches now Michail at the same spot.

Or not? Michail doesn't give in so easily and they battle it out for several corners!

But eventually, with the better end for Sanvitale!

Pedersen finally goes past Kittleson ...

... and Nell eventually makes it past Elleker right behind.

Five laps in and it's time for a look at the standings:

Keranen's TNR seems to run much better than Horváth's, the Finn overtakes Worseling for P15 while his teammate is still stuck at the end of the grid.

Uh oh, Elleker is very keen to take his position back from Nell and locks up ...

but he's able to keep the car on track. The downside is that de Bruyker is now very close behind him ...

and uses this position to overtake him at the end of the round. That was a needless mistake by Elleker.

Sanvitale's streak continues and he catches Worseling. If he continues like this, points might even be possible!

At the front, we see that Ancevski is able to pull away a bit from Legge, but unabile to go the pace of Maverick and Rodriguez at the front.

His teammate Kederer is meanwhile hanging on P7 and hoping for a miracle, if he's still hoping for a win.

Elleker corrects his earlier mistake and retakes his position from de Bruyker.

Meanwhile, Worseling becomes fish food at the back when Michail is the next to overtake him easily. Maybe a minor problem at the SCR? Either way, with O'Brien's early out, it's gonna be a frustrating race for SCR.

De Bruyker yet again wants the position from Elleker who defends hard, in Schumacher style ...

so that eventually, de Bruyker has to give in.

And here comes Sanvitale-san on his overtaking-spree. The next victim is Keranen in the TNR.

At the front, we see that Rodriguez is quickly losing time to Maverick now. With the pit stops approaching, it seems the AMR driver is allowed to squeeze everything out of his tyres and that seems to work.

The other AMR is still under pressure from Rodriguez, with Nell in front of them probably laughing in his helmet, since this fight keeps them both away from him.

There comes the next attack from de Bruyker, with the same game and result as before.

Maverick is now really close to Rodriguez!

And at the back, Worseling is now even under pressure from Horváth and risking to carry to red lantern very soon.

But before the pit stops start and mix the field up, we'll quickly go for our one and only advertisement break. Stay tuned!

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Damn it, another DNF for Chris.

The most unlucky driver of the season.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
phew, no DNF yet!

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
Blimey....going well so far. Surely a DNF is in the offing soon.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Wauw we really dont have anything to say with SCR this race :(

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
GPGSL S10, Round 16, Dutch GP, Zandvoort

Race Day

Part 2

Welcome back to Zandvoort after the short break and we're back just in time for the first pit stops, as promised! Copeman is the first to start the pit stop window, followed by Jalving, whom we see in the background.

For the boss-less JHR boys, Michail makes the start.

Meanwhile, Sanvitale continues his ketchup ... uhm, I mean catch up streak and overtakes the other JHR of Moinet. This temporarily brings him into the points, but Copeman and Jalving were both in front of him and already have made their pit stop.

Worseling loses out yet another position, this time to Horváth, and pit stop cleaned this means he's in last place now!

Meanwhile we see that Copeman is extremely unlucky! He has to wait for Moinet on his way in and by then, Jalving has caught up and passes him, too, meaning even more waiting time! Indirectly, this will probably cost him a couple more positions, in the end.

Thomas is the next to come in, followed by the other MAC of Pedersen, Kittleson, de Bruyker and Elleker.

Pedersen has slotted in between Jalving and his team mate after the latter's miserable pit stop. Pedersen is now hunting Jalving.

More people come in for their pit stops, including the first four: Rodriguez, Maverick, Ancevski and Legge, all at the same time, as well as Moinet further in the back.

And this might be a race deciding incident! Maverick is also held up in the pits! Incoming championship rival Sebastian Nell blocks him and to avoid an unsafe release penalty, he stops and waits! If this was a planned manoeuvre, one must pull his hat for DMR. If it was just luck, it's still extremely helpful for them.

But here it comes even worse for Legge! Maybe his box gave him a wrong command, but he stops for another incoming car. Only that his incoming car is Keranen, who wants in the box just in front of Legge! This is now blocked by Legge, however! When Legge finally notices his mistake, Worseling is already behind him, also held up a little bit by the parked SMS car. That's definitely it with a podium chance, and possibly even with the points.

Kederer, who got the temporary lead due to the pit stops, comes now in as well, followed by Sanvitale, who earned a temporary 2nd with his stellar drive, and Horváth as the last driver to stop.

This gives the lead back to the real leader Carlos Rodriguez.

Thomas is new 2nd, because he profited from Nells pit income that blocked Maverick.

The latter, at least, kept 3rd.

Pedersen profited from a clean pit stop, overtook his team mate in the pits and now Jalving on track to take 4th from him.

Kederer is another driver who profited from a clean pit stop while, in the background, you can see his team mate Ancevski lost a few positions. Kederer now with a move against Kittleson for 6th ...

Ancevski trying to make up for the pit stop and takes 10th from de Bruyker.

With all drivers having done their pit stops, let's look at the new standings and confirmation that every driver was in the pits.

Kittleson seems to be slower than the pack behind him and so it's not a big surprise that Elleker overtakes him at the end of the round, followed by de Bruyker who takes his position back from Ancevski.

Keranen, who was also so unlucky at the pit stop retakes his position from Worseling.

Meanwhile Maverick is on fire and determined to take 2nd back from Thomas. One must be wondering if he's also contemplating over this DMR move, if it actually was one.

Kederer meanwhile with the next overtaking, this time it's Copeman who also lost out a bit at the pit stops and now seems to have caught a worse tyre set.

Elleker runs a little bit wide and that opens the door for Kittleson to slip back through.

Worseling is meanwhile determined to show a slightly better performance and battles back past Keranen. But wait, the Finn doesn't give in and a few corners later, he's the winner of this battle.

Maverick is now really closing in to Thomas. A move can only be a matter of time. Winner of this is Rodriguez, though, who is in a safe and lonely lead by now.

And we're back at the Elleker vs. de Bruyker battle. Looks familiar, doesn't it? Elleker slams the door shut just in time.

And Maverick's nose is now nearly in Thomas' engine. I predict that at the next crossing of the finish line, Thomas will face his inevitable fate.

But .... WHAT? Maverick doesn't wait that long! He tries it at the hairpin, Thomas slams the door shut, Maverick locks up, bumps lightly in his rear and spins while Thomas can continue without harm.

Pedersen, despite having much time to choose his line, bumps into Maverick's front and turns him back in the right direction! And this all without either car taking damage! Incredible luck for Maverick here! But Thomas is yet far gone and Pedersen is now straight behind him, alongside Jalving and Kederer. With a bit more patience, Maverick would have taken home a secured 2nd place. That was stupid by the so experienced driver.

At the next straight, the inevitable happens. Pedersen, with the help of the slipstream, passes Maverick for 3rd, Kederer right behind goes on 5th after an identical move on Jalving.

Another attempt by de Bruyker and this time he succeeds in passing Elleker ... finally!

Overtaking machine Sanvitale finds himself in 13th right now, just one position away from a point! For now, he has to look back, though, since Michail is in his rear. And Nell on 12th is nearly 4 seconds away. It looks like the big effort will yet be for nothing.

Maverick is back in Pedersen's mirror.

Again he attempts a move in the corner that brought him in this mess!

He's side by side with Pedersen, but Pedersen pulls over anyway, trying to keep the racing line, but there's Maverick and they touch!

This time, the inside line prevents Maverick from further harm, but Pedersen runs wide!

And to make matters worse, he doesn't get back on track quickly and needs to wait until everybody has passed! That's many points lost for MAC and Pedersen after an also unnecessary accident.

This next situation brought Kederer close to Maverick and the Swiss driver might yet again lose the podium.

Rodriguez meanwhile drives in safe mode to bring the victory home. If his car doesn't let him down now and he avoids such a stupid mistake, nobody will take the win from him anymore.

Kittleson is yet again forming a tail behind him and at the end of this group are also Elleker and Nell, who have the chance to make up a few good positions.

One must be wondering if TNR didn't tell Horváth that the hairpin isn't a good idea to overtake today, cause the latter gives it a try ...

... and ends up facing the wrong side, additionally blocking Michail in the gravel. It's hereby certified, the hairpin is the graveyard for any overtaking hopes.

Two who're probably happy about the situation are Moinet, who passed before, and now Legge ... granted, his general mood is probably still being pissed because of the pit stop incident earlier and those two won positions don't really matter in his case.

When Horváth and Michail finally get free, they slot in just in front and behind Keranen. Not that this accident really ruined any points aspirations, but for Michail it's especially hard because he is back where he started, despite a good drive up to this point.

Maverick could fend off Kederer a couple of times in the past laps, but, especially hard, in the last lap, Kederer makes the successful move and snatches the podium away from Maverick. But it's his own fault, especially due to the crappy move on Thomas. And also the accident with Pedersen could have been avoided, if he had only waited for the next straight. Then, Kederer probably wouldn't have been able to catch up on him.

Team mate Ancevski is on a relatively safe 8th and might be a bit disappointed that he also lost out a bit at the pit stops. Otherwise, a podium might have been in reach. Behind are Nell and Elleker, who did what they could to prevent the worst damage.

Legge is in 13th. Not only did the pit stops cost him a chance on a podium finish, now he also won't even get a point, by only one position. One has to feel with the guy, really!

Kederer, who also took the fastest lap, unseen by the cameras, is driving away from Maverick and thereby preventing any chance for a counter of the Swiss driver. Probably for the better ... otherwise he might try the graveyard hairpin a third time and who knows what this would end in!

And now we're back at the leader, who got little air time in the second stint, because he was totally out of any action. After Maverick was gone behind him, he could just concentrate on driving home the victory and this he did in brilliant fashion. Congratulations to him!

The same goes to Thomas. After the incident with Maverick, it was a safe ride home for him. Good job!

Kederer tops off the podium. It's not the win he hoped for, but it's an excellent 3rd position after a mistake-free and very fast ride. The win was always out of reach today, but he surely took the maximum of what was possible and had a good help from Maverick, who slots in right behind in 4th.

Jalving, the local hero, ends in 5th. It's a bit sad for him not to be on the podium in front of his home crowd, but he showed them a good drive and the crowd will surely be happy with him.

Copeman then in 6th. One wonders what would have been possible without the pit stop issue. Right behind comes de Bruyker, who surely had a lot of action today.

The next one is quite tight, but Ancevski manages to keep 8th by just a few inches, leaving one point less for Nell in 9th.

The same at the couple behind ... Sanvitale, the overtaking machine, loses out just by inches against Elleker for 10th.

That's it from Zandvoort with a very entertaining race to watch! As always, some will be happy, some will be sad, but one thing is sure: They'll all be back for you at Silverstone for the second to last race in this season! Well ... unless the activity-check monster catches them that is! For now, take care!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy