GPGSL S10: Season over! Thank you and goodbye. See you in S11 ||v||

Posted by GPGSL 
Delighted and definitely surprised to have taken the win. The AMRs, especially Jack, were better in terms of pace. The pitcrew did a splendid job to get me past John, luck helped me to get Jack as well. 6 races to go with Shadow, will do my best that the team can go out in style.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
I cannot be happy with today's result: The boost was working perfectly, then the spin and the sudden DNFs of many drivers AND the disappearance of Thomas (although I'm thinking he had some kind of problem at the very last lap)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GPGSL: Snake Motorsport Test Driver for S10 (promoted to Race Driver from Monza Onwards)

GPGSL-3: Christel VXR Race Driver for S9
I have re-run the race and got exactly the same outcome. So, I can clear up a few questions about certain drivers results. It seems there were three incidents on the last lap that I missed, because I was concentrating on Tobi taking the chequered flag and catching the points finishers as they crossed the line.

Daniel Thomas - Daniel spun on the dreaded vitual oil, thus loosing a well deserved podium.

Chris Copeman - Chris suffered from brake failure on the last lap and owing to the vagaries of GP4, he pitted when only a few hundred yards from the finish line instead of completing the race.

Dean Kittleson - As with Chris, Dean suffered a mechanical problem on the last lap, this time electrical, and finished the race in the pits.

With regard to the virtual oil, is there anyone who can sort out the cc-line there? The race was run with 20 AI errors, I suppose we could reduce that even further if we can't get it fixed.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
I thought we've run this Kyalami version before without these problems?

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Activity Check Results

Everyone's present again. Good work, lads and lasses.

Next deadline is on the 8th May.

Wow, I'll happily take that 4th place, would have rather seen me finish 5th and Daniel 3rd. He has no luck at all this season, every lucky event (like this race) was my event...

With regards to the finish: "Chris Copeman - Chris suffered from brake failure on the last lap and owing to the vagaries of GP4, he pitted when only a few hundred yards from the finish line instead of completing the race."
IIRC it was not long ago (this season) that there was a finish involving me and another driver about the exact same issue. I'm not sure but I think the result was changed to have him keep his position (only losing a place to me). Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
CC-line fix: [www118.zippyshare.com]

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Bloody hell!! I might have to rethink those plans haha!!

Maybe luck was on our side today (for once!) but that was a fantastic race for the team. Well done Tobi and Milos

Can we start sort of a track database somewhere with this fixed track? That's pretty much the only way to make sure that buggy tracks don't return to the calendar year after year.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Please test this fix first.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
xSilvermanx Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow, I'll happily take that 4th place, would have
> rather seen me finish 5th and Daniel 3rd. He has
> no luck at all this season, every lucky event
> (like this race) was my event...
>
> With regards to the finish: "Chris Copeman - Chris
> suffered from brake failure on the last lap and
> owing to the vagaries of GP4, he pitted when only
> a few hundred yards from the finish line instead
> of completing the race."
> IIRC it was not long ago (this season) that there
> was a finish involving me and another driver about
> the exact same issue. I'm not sure but I think the
> result was changed to have him keep his position
> (only losing a place to me). Does anyone know what
> I'm talking about?

Could be Austrian GP with Keranen.
Or it might be with someone else, I don't know.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
So I was right about Thomas! YAY!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GPGSL: Snake Motorsport Test Driver for S10 (promoted to Race Driver from Monza Onwards)

GPGSL-3: Christel VXR Race Driver for S9
Turbo Lover Wrote:
> Please test this fix first.

I will test it later tonight.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
miki2000milos schrieb:
> xSilvermanx Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Wow, I'll happily take that 4th place, would
> have
> > rather seen me finish 5th and Daniel 3rd. He
> has
> > no luck at all this season, every lucky event
> > (like this race) was my event...
> >
> > With regards to the finish: "Chris Copeman -
> Chris
> > suffered from brake failure on the last lap and
> > owing to the vagaries of GP4, he pitted when
> only
> > a few hundred yards from the finish line
> instead
> > of completing the race."
> > IIRC it was not long ago (this season) that
> there
> > was a finish involving me and another driver
> about
> > the exact same issue. I'm not sure but I think
> the
> > result was changed to have him keep his
> position
> > (only losing a place to me). Does anyone know
> what
> > I'm talking about?
>
> Could be Austrian GP with Keranen.
> Or it might be with someone else, I don't know.

Exactly. I just looked it up, both Dean Kittleson and Chris Copeman have suffered from the same bug as Aidan Keranen has in Austria. No one was lapped, so I'd love to see the results altered the same way as it was in Austria.
Judging from the pictures (the gaps are given in lap 40 just one lap before it all ends) Chris should finish anywhere from 6th to 8th (Daniel drops out on last lap, so everyone finishes one place higher). What's strange is Dean moves up 2 places, one for overtaking Daniel Thomas, one supposedly for overtaking Chris who suddenly was listed one lap down. If we substract that place, Dean should finish somewhere between 13th and 18th.
Only just managed to get on to check the results and that was a nasty surprise. If there is precedent for the result being altered I would love that to be looked into. I really think we need to make a decision about dodgy tracks being on the voting list as there were obvious issues with this one.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

kedy89 Wrote:
> I thought we've run this Kyalami version before
> without these problems?

It happens sometimes with GP3 tracks. GPGSL-3 season had these bugs: one year, perfectly, another with bugs...

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Oh so that's why Thomas lost his podium there, that's just painful because of oil.
Bandon23 Wrote:
> Oh so that's why Thomas lost his podium there,
> that's just painful because of oil.

oil is a more creative way to describe it, it's not really oil, just the AI having troubles going through that corner.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
Can't really be happy with this race actually, even though Legge finishing in 2nd place. We should have made a double points finish and possibly a win even, guess it's just not for us to achieve!
Still kudos to Jake, a podium is really nice :)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Such a consistent driver I've been, consistently unlucky.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy