I'm helping a friend install GP4.. asks for cd and he has the no-cd exe installed!

Posted by miki2000milos 
Okay, title says it all.
I am trying to help a friend install GP4, but it always shows this CD-rom error.
We got the decrypted exe from GP4Central, I even gave him my own decrypted exe and it didn't work. We even tried the complied game with everything in it on GP4Central but that didn't help either (infact, we tried that first!)
Now I am getting almost hopeless, so I ask here. Why does it ask for CD-rom? Does anyone have a clue?

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2015 08:15PM by miki2000milos.
Do you use the original desktop shortcut ? (you must not)
Did you install the game on C: ?
Is there a D: drive on your PC ?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2015 08:55PM by Lo2k.
Hi there, even the no-cd exe requires that a cd-drive is installed in the system. A virtual drive does the job, for example Virtual Clone Drive:
[www.slysoft.com]

Good luck and have fun, Norbert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2015 09:07PM by nojensen.
Lo2k Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you use the original desktop shortcut ? (you
> must not)
> Did you install the game on C: ?
> Is there a D: drive on your PC ?

not me Laurent, it was my friend (game runs fime for me, you can see my 100% career mode). He ran the game straight from the game dir (gp4.exe), and I have no idea if it's on the C drive but I told him to try on a different one. I'll tell him again

thanks nojensen, I will look at that!

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2015 09:27PM by miki2000milos.
I meant "You" (you two) but nevermind, you see where it could went wrong in his installation.

Try to start gp4 with gpxpatch, it should run.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy