Re: Singapore 2013 problem Gpxpatch problem

Posted by Alessio88 
Date: August 26, 2015 11:18PM
Posted by: Alessio88
Hi all,I've just experimented a problem on Singapore 2013 track basically some cars not all when they have to leave the pits don't move forward and just start to rollin backwards untill after 2 or 3 minutes when they end up exiting the pit lane in 1st gear but rolling back then at the end of the pit lane the manage to spin,and after the just go around the track at about 70-74 km/h.
I've tried to change the magic data and tried with the 2014 track I used and that it was working fine last year but that has got the same problem now :-O,I don't get it any suggestions on what it could be and how I could fix it?thanks in advance

Greetings
Alessio

CoM3 oN McL4R3n.....:)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2015 12:45PM by Alessio88.
Date: August 29, 2015 12:41PM
Ok,I've sorted that problem wich was due to a wrong value in the performance,now everything is working fine apart from when a save a game and then load it,example if I save an event after I did qualify,when i go and load the game to start the race all the cars won't move they just start to roll backwards,Renè please can you have a look at this bug please?thanks a lot

Greetings
Alessio

Date: August 29, 2015 01:25PM
Posted by: SDI
Can you elaborate on "wrong value in the performance"? I need to know which feature causes this and how to reproduce it. I've only seen weird behaviour with the "Max. race laps" on a track with 128+ laps but without adjusted magic data.

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Date: August 29, 2015 02:01PM
It's to do with cars power,my mistake was that I was playing with the second value on 0 so the second car of my team had 0 horse power,that's what it was wrong,now if I start a game everything works fine except if I'am loading a previous saved game in that case looks like gpxpatch it's not recognizing the cars horse power so all included the player one can't leave the pits or the grid in case of a race.

Greetings
Alessio

Date: August 29, 2015 02:17PM
Does it happen when you start GP4 and then directly load a game? Or when start a session and then go to main menu and load a game?
And do you use one global performance file or track specific performance files?

The save game is a normal save game or a championship save game?

It would be nice if you could include gpxset.log that was created when the problem happened.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2015 02:20PM by SDI.
Date: August 29, 2015 02:49PM
Posted by: DAMON96
Yes, it happened with the 4.4.0, never happened before, it Works when I get out of the championship season then select quick race and then go back to the championship season again
Date: August 29, 2015 02:52PM
So it only happens with championship save games?

Does it still happen with 4.42? I fixed something in 4.42 related to performance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2015 02:53PM by SDI.
Date: August 29, 2015 03:28PM
It happens with 4.42 for me and mine it's a non Championship race save, gpxset.log happen only when the game crashes?If yes the game never crashed for me I only experimented that problem,but I didn't try to do like Damon96 said thou

Greetings
Alessio

Date: August 29, 2015 04:02PM
gpxpdata\log\gpxset.log is always created, you are confused with gpxpload.txt.

In the meantime I've been able to reproduce it, so you don't need to show the log anymore.

The problem looks quite funny, it reminded me of a Monty Python scene :)

Date: August 29, 2015 05:21PM
I've found the cause of the problem, and I'm working on a fix. It's not that easy to fix, as the problem is that at the start of a race weekend the team power values are calculated. These are stored in a save game and used again when you reload the game and start a new session later in the weekend. This is all fine, but with the new car specific power feature, the power values are now located in GPxPatch and not stored in the save game. So when you reload the game, all power values are still zero. The fact that the cars still do something is caused by the fact that the values contain a small randomization. So some cars move forward, some backward, and some keep standing still.

I'll have to make sure the car specific values are stored in the save game. But your existing game won't be working anymore, as it already has the power values set to zero inside the save game file. I hope you haven't overwritten your game during a season, or you'll be out of luck until the next GP weekend. Otherwise I'll have to prepare some custom fix to restore power values when they are zero.

Date: August 29, 2015 05:28PM
Posted by: miki2000milos
so that randomisation explains why my AI once got pole despite having 11 BHP and 200 skill less than the best car/driver (100 less than his teammate)..

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2015 05:28PM by miki2000milos.
Date: August 29, 2015 08:28PM
Ok thanks a lot Renè that's great,for me it's not a big issue as I only race non Championship races so I can race more than 17 races per season,I will wait for a fix and then re-install the new version that you gonna release,thanks again mate :) :)

Greetings
Alessio

Date: August 30, 2015 02:05AM
As mentioned in the other thread, this problem will be fixed in 4.43. Values won't be stored in the save game, but recalculated at the start of each session (instead of each weekend). That will give you the added option of changing the performances during a weekend.

Date: August 30, 2015 12:30PM
Can you please try again with 4.43? You can load your current save game and it should reapply the car performances.

Date: August 30, 2015 12:41PM
Yees,thant's great thanks a lot Renè so I'm guessing we will be able to change the driver names between a season to another like palmer instead of grosjean in the first practise and then grosjean in the second practise back in his car all this in the same weekend without starting a new one am i right?cheers again mate

Greetings
Alessio

Date: August 30, 2015 01:34PM
Not sure about the names, my fix is about applying BHP values from practice to practice, and practice to race (qualify already has its own values).

Date: August 30, 2015 10:35PM
Thanks a lot Renè works like a charm now :)

Greetings
Alessio

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy