Wet weather pace is awful!!

Posted by miki2000milos 
Wet weather pace is awful!!
Date: August 25, 2015 06:11PM
Posted by: miki2000milos
Okay so I am extremely annoyed at this. First bit of wet experience at Sepang (1999 track) and I am struggling badly.
Whenever I brake I lock the front and rear wheels, plus the force feedback strongly pulls the car to one side but okay that's realistic.
On occasion I spin aswell.

oh and when I try to brake any more cautiosly, I actually avoid lockups, but the AI can brake much much much later.

So my issue is:
-AI brake too late
-AI carry more cornering speeds
-AI are 2-4 seconds a lap faster, plus I am pushing like mad and I am extremely inconsistent.
To add to that, I am using traction control aswell. Anti-lock brakes are sadly locked in the mod I am using. I am also using a default setup too btw.

Any help to make me faster or the AI slower in the rain? (apart from changing the difficulty)

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2015 06:19PM by miki2000milos.
Re: Wet weather pace is awful!!
Date: August 25, 2015 07:10PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
Well, I remember a 4 laps race at Interlagos 2001 in the rain where I had 35.4 seconds lead over Barrichello when crossing the finish line as first! (H)(*)

But that was nearly 10 years ago now and I was driving with original game settings without any patch and with difficulty mode "rookie".

I'm realizing now that I haven't drive a rain race since ages. I will try one soon and maybe I will have the same problem as you, we will see....
Date: August 25, 2015 08:13PM
Posted by: LuiGigi48
Sometimes, the game gives you rain tyres when you need monsoon tyres, so try to use monsoon tyres, your race pace should be better. When I have your problem, I use these tyres and everything goes fine.

Ciao!
Date: August 25, 2015 08:45PM
well the track wetness was the medium blue bar plus 3rd of the "wetness categories", which I think is for the wet tyres only.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Date: August 26, 2015 05:39AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
The most helpful thing I've found in your situation is the 'In-Car setup changes' feature of GPxPatch.

As long as your driving on Pro or Ace difficulty, you can use F1 to cycle through Brake and Differential settings, and use F3 & F4 to change them.

My first real Wet race since I picked the game up again was at Interlagos, after a Dry qualifying session.

* I selected to use the default setup.
* At the start of the race, I moved the Brake Balance back to about 47.000:53.000 and changed both Acceleration diff values to 3, and both Deceleration diff. values to 8.

I had to tweak those settings a few times as the weather changed a little bit, but I lapped nearly everyone in my Minardi on Pro difficulty.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: August 26, 2015 08:45AM
I actually didn't look at setups that much, only to activate 7th gear.

I am driving on Pro difficulty (but I edit the magic data grip value, I leave it at just under 500), so I will have a look once I have a rain affected session again, thanks!

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Date: August 27, 2015 11:14AM
Posted by: sportingcp
Sepang is, at least from my experience, one of the toughest tracks to drive with default setup, I usually get bad results. In rain I suppose it´s even worse with those tricky fast corners. Try a different circuit in rain (Hungaroring for example) I believe you will do a lot better.
Date: August 27, 2015 12:10PM
okay then, I took al lthe tips into Brazil and tried a wet quali session. And it sort of worked. I am not crazy slow anymore.
But I am still slow.
I put the differential settings as Doug said above, but I found the brake balance at 25:75 to be more effective than 47:53. Must be just my driving style but oh well.
I have improved significantly, but I'd still like just a little more.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy