Track shadows issue

Posted by SkaaningeN 
Re: Track shadows issue
Date: September 04, 2015 12:23AM
Posted by: Excalibur
Thanks for your pc specs, Eric! It may help later!

Did you succeed to switch between Intel and Nvidia graphic cards on your Asus laptop?

If not or if you are not sure, you should use GPU-Z: [www.majorgeeks.com]

Launch GPU-Z and then, launch GP4 in widowed mode (into your f1graphics file: 1 ; [RELEASE] Run in a window)

GPU-Z will detect which graphic card is used for the game and I think that you can switch between both.

Another solution to test into your Nvidia control center panel which seems to work to definitely force the Nvidia graphic card (problem fixed on an Asus Laptop with Intel graphics integrated + Nvidia graphic card)
1. Right Click on Desktop
2. Select nVidia Control Panel
3. In left panel select "Manage 3D Settings"
4. In right panel select Global Tab
5. Under "Preferred Graphics Processor" select "Auto-Select" and hit APPLY button

Now try again and see if it properly selects correct GPU. If not

6. Repeat steps 1 thru 3 above
7. In right panel select "Program Settings" tab
8. Under section 1., check the box for "only programs on this computer"
9. then hit the "Add" button and find the program that you want to run on nVidia card
10 Go down to section 2. and select nVidia processor

Maybe you have tried these solutions, yet...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: September 04, 2015 07:43PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
I've tried everything, the game uses the Intel card for some reason. I can't switch so GP4 uses the Nvidia card with any
of the options. I even tried turning of the Intel card all together through device manager, but that did not work either.

It's really wierd, I've played a little Black Ops 2 on this computer and that game must use the Nvidia card since the game worked perfectly.
Frame rate was 60 at all times, even with graphics on high. Why won't GP4 do the same?!
Date: September 04, 2015 08:49PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Because GP4 is an old tired crappy game. ;-)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: September 05, 2015 05:19AM
Posted by: Excalibur
There might be a solution....

Did you try to disable (or switch) your intel graphic card from the bios?
What says your gconfig.txt file from your main GP4 folder?
Is it written:
;gp4 generated file - do not edit [Intel HD Graphics 4600 ] good 128 [] untested 128

Did you try to change the cards.txt file from your main GP4 folder to?
[general] [Nvidia GeForce GTX 850M ]

Also, did you see this thread from 2013?
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Maybe Mansell92 found the way to solve this issue (?)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2015 05:37AM by Excalibur.
Date: September 06, 2015 08:06PM
I don't feel comfortble with editing the bios settings, with new computer and all

Editing cards.txt did not solve it.

gconfig says says Intel HD Graphics 4600 :(

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2015 08:07PM by SkaaningeN.
Date: September 06, 2015 08:44PM
Posted by: gezere
I am may be wrong but the fact that Gconfig still says Intel HD Graphics 4600 could be wrong.
As you are forcing "externaly" the use of the Nvidia card, GP4 can't know that ;)

I could also be wrong but I have some doubts that the shadows issue is linked at the Intel HD Graphics 4600.
I have had the possibility to launch GP4 on a laptop which use this card and I didn't notice any problem with the shadows...
And to be honest I have been very surprised to see how this basic graphic cards can handdle easily GP4 ... with a more than correct FPS (40) and
a PO around 70%.

Date: September 08, 2015 11:23PM
I have no problems with FPS nor PO, but I noticed this texture issue at F1Virtual Interlagos 2008

Maybe it's related to the f1graphics.cfg after all? Does anybody know?

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: September 08, 2015 11:35PM
Posted by: Prblanco
Not a texture issue, but a mesh issue. Your graphics card isn't detecting quite right which object is "in front", resulting in that rendering error (grass above tarmac). I'd bet your shadow problem comes from this as well.

Of course, that grass mesh should've never been there in the first place ;)

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2015 11:36PM by Prblanco.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy