Track shadows issue

Posted by SkaaningeN 
Track shadows issue
Date: August 17, 2015 08:48PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
While I've gotten my graphics to work like I want to, Iäve noticed something with
the trackshadows.

If you drive in t-cam, the shadows of bridges etc. appear very late, withing 3-5 meters of the frontwing
of the car. Also in trackcam view, sometimes the shadows does not aprear at all since the distance is to far it seems.

Which setting should I change, for my graphicscard or in the f1graphics.cfg?

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Re: Track shadows issue
Date: August 29, 2015 01:42PM
does anybody know?

Date: August 29, 2015 01:48PM
Posted by: kedy89
Don't have that here, you can try my f1graphics if you want [pastebin.com]

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: August 29, 2015 01:53PM
Posted by: miki2000milos
could be to a distance related setting in f1graphics.cfg, use the one Tobi gave you as it also bumps up the graphics quite a bit ;-)

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2015 01:53PM by miki2000milos.
Date: August 29, 2015 02:24PM
thanks for the f1graphics file mate.

When it comes to the graphics, I've modified enough to get clean and sharp textures.
It's only the shadows that are the issue now. But I will try out your file and see if it makes any difference :)

Date: August 29, 2015 02:41PM
lol, interesting outcome

First, with your f1graphics file I can run GP4 naturally in fullscreen which I can't with my own file.

But the graphics became more pixelated with your file and the trackshadows issue is still there with your file,
which should mean it's something I need to change in Nvidia control center. I just don't know what

Date: August 29, 2015 06:09PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Hi, Eric!

Does it appear when you force your preferences to use Quality into your Nvidia control center? (instead of using the advanced graphics settings)

Otherwise, test my f1graphics.cfg file, if you wish: [www.mediafire.com]

my graphic card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 TI

Hope that it can help...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: August 31, 2015 09:26PM
I've tried your file mate, once again the textures become very pixelated. Everytime I don't use my own file, graphics gets worse for some reason .

The shadow issue is still there with your file Arnaud. Must be a setting in Nvidia control panel. I use the seperate program option with Nvidia, so
GP4 is assigned the Nvidia graphics card etc. I just don't know which setting that will solve it

Date: September 02, 2015 09:29PM
Posted by: gezere
Please find a solution Eric, I am working at the shadows... ;)

More serious I don't have any idea what the problem could be. :(

Date: September 02, 2015 11:52PM
... As I don't use the advanced program settings for GP4 into the Nvidia control panel anymore (I just force the 3d settings on quality mode only), I don't know what's wrong, neither. But yes, the problem comes from here, as the f1graphics file doesn't change anything. Does it appears with the shadows from another game, also?

Do you remember when the problem occured? ( after the Nvidia driver update? etc...)
What is your current driver used for your Nvidia graphic card? (I am still at the 353.30 version from the 22/06/15. I didn't install the 355.60 version, yet)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: September 03, 2015 03:14AM
Posted by: Prblanco
I have 2 PCs with GP4 and I get the same behavior in one of them, which is a laptop with onboard Intel Graphics. The other one is a desktop with Nvidia card and I have no such issue, even with the game's default f1graphics.cfg. I also don't use anything specific in the Nvidia Control Panel settings for GP4.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: September 03, 2015 06:53AM
Posted by: quickslick
can you please make screens of your nvidia control panel settings and upload them here, Eric? it would be good for compare them :)
Date: September 03, 2015 05:52PM
Well, I've had this issue since I bought my new laptop. Everything else works great!

I also have an integrated intel graphics card in this one, and then a Nvidia GeForce GTX 850M. Although, I think
GP4 is using the Intel card.

The Nvidia driver I use is 355.82, but I've had this issue with every driver.

Jurgen, I can post the settings but it's all in swedish. I don't know how much you can get from that ;)

Date: September 03, 2015 05:55PM
maybe google helps me Eric :)
Date: September 03, 2015 07:34PM
fair enough :) 3 printscreens of the setup for GP4

Date: September 03, 2015 08:39PM
@Eric: for more informations, could you tell me what is your laptop model, please? :-)

Date: September 03, 2015 09:22PM
Eric, could you please make the changes that i've made here on the screens in red, in your nvidia control panel and test then?

[www80.zippyshare.com]
Date: September 03, 2015 10:31PM
Arnaud, this is the model

ASUS R510JK-DM122H

but according to the website from were I bought it from, it does not have the same specs as what I accually bought in the store.

the real specs are these

Windows 10 Home 64bit
6GB RAM
Intel Core i5-4200H CPU 2.80GHz (Dual Core it said in the store)
Intel HD Graphics 4600 and Nvidia GeForce GTX 850M

@ Jurgen, I will try that out as soon as I can :)

Date: September 03, 2015 11:15PM
Well, no luck with the nvidia settings Im afraid.

I noticed, when I changed some settings in the Intel card and the drivers crashed. I noticed that the computer
told me the "Windows 8" drivers crashed and were restarted, so I installed drivers for windows 10. That did not make any
difference :(

I don't know what more I can do.

I noticed the problem does occur more in t-cam or cameras that's on the car. Not so much in trackcam view

Date: September 03, 2015 11:23PM
i'm sorry Eric, but i have no idea what's going wrong there :(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy