GPG Nations Cup S5 R17 - Off-season

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
Re: GPG Nations Cup S5 R13 - Italian GP [Perfs posted]
Date: October 18, 2016 03:07AM
Posted by: Mullet345
Team China

Taking a risk here using no boost. Need to save our remaining boost for later. Our goal is to try and finish in the points and hope that our rivals don't manage to take advantage and close in on us in the standings.

Date: October 18, 2016 10:25AM
Anyone able to be the RD for the round?

Date: October 19, 2016 06:46PM
Posted by: Bandon23
Team Ireland

Hopefully we can achieve good results, but it won't be easy as we take the risk for no boost. We have done too much so we have to normally hope for a good points in this track.
Hopefully we can finish the race well and not suffer from another dnf
Date: October 24, 2016 12:43AM
Posted by: MDBSnake
Mullet345 Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone able to be the RD for the round?

Guess not really any volunteers ... which is a shame really :(

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: October 24, 2016 03:12AM
MDBSnake Wrote:
> Mullet345 Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Anyone able to be the RD for the round?
>
> Guess not really any volunteers ... which is a
> shame really :(

I've decided that if no one ends up being RD for the round, then I'll have to run it. At least it would give me a chance to try and make a better race coverage video than the last one I did.

Date: October 26, 2016 03:30PM
Posted by: Bandon23
Mullet345 schrieb:
> MDBSnake Wrote:
> -----
> > Mullet345 Schreef:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Anyone able to be the RD for the round?
> >
> > Guess not really any volunteers ... which is a
> > shame really :(
>
> I've decided that if no one ends up being RD for
> the round, then I'll have to run it. At least it
> would give me a chance to try and make a better
> race coverage video than the last one I did.

It's on you. We're still waiting to race.
Date: October 26, 2016 06:01PM
Posted by: Carlitox
Well I do have good news. Just checked GP4 and witht the update to nVidia Shadowplay, GP4 is now recognised! Just ran a test quickrace with the GPGSL mod, which I will upload later. Audio and video are awesome, smooth 1080p. So just need to learn to sort out tracks and update the mods. So Greg, if you can run this one, do so and I'll run the next one. I'll start preparing myself with the Portimao track, so that I can load the updates to the mod as soon as they are done and run it. As I mentioned before, it'll be video with auto RD on, as I have time to record but not edit. Well, maybe I'll try and do something. But I also have to deal with video size, which while it's not huge, it's pretty big. Based on my testing, looks like 1gb of file will give me 6 min. @ 1080p. So a full race could be 10 gb or so.

If you can't, I could run this one but I'll need more time and I presume you got half the setup ready at this point. But I can be the plan B if you need me. :-)

Thrilled to post this guys and hope it works well, as I've been really eager to do something for both leagues.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: October 26, 2016 06:17PM
Posted by: kedy89
Good to know that Shadowplay works with GP4, seeing that as of the latest Nvidia driver updates FFsplit no longer works :/

10GB is huge, I had 3.5 for R7, 1.2 for R9 and 850MB for R10. Windowed mode at 1280x720 should be more than enough.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
I've spoken to Greg but if everyone's ok with it I will run this round? I have the pictures from qualifying ready to go if it's good with everyone.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: October 26, 2016 08:01PM
Posted by: kedy89
Connor, where have you been? ;)

fine by me (Y)

Some mods
Date: October 27, 2016 07:57AM
Posted by: Carlitox
Well, here is the test race. Not the most exciting race ever but it's a start. This file was 1 gb, but then again, it was not compressed. Putting it through a video converter may take some mb off.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2016 07:58AM by Carlitox.
GPGNC Round 13 - Italian GP - Qualifying

Hello and welcome to a sunny Monza circuit! The GPGNC has reached round 13 and its now time for each of these 22 countries to battle their way around the historic Monza circuit. Celebrated as the temple of speed, the track is known for requiring high top speeds and low downforce, so its perhaps unsurprisingly that a massive 13 teams have opted to use boost for this event. But first we have to find out where they placed in qualifying:

22nd: Ireland
Tyrson managed to improve on every single lap he did, although that may be more of a statement of how bad his first lap was as the Irishman never managed to improve upon last place.

21st: Scotland
Another driver that struggled to improve off of the back of the grid. There was not much improvement for the Scottish car and tomorrows race could be similarly difficult for Coulthard

20th: Uruguay
Something about the back of the grid seemed to keep drivers in place, with Rodriguez suffering the same fate as the two men behind him. 20th in his first run, and it never got any better after that.

19th: Australia
It was plain for everyone to see that McGregor was pushing hard, with the Aussie running wide on the exit of the Ascari chicane to ruin one of his laps. Unfortunately it was not to be, and his effort could only put the car on the penultimate row of the grid.

18th: Canada
Considering the penalty this was perhaps not such a bad result for Briere. The Canadian was always going to struggle with no boost, and 18th was about as high as he probably could have hoped for.

17th: Singapore
An unspectacular session for Ana. Not really much to say. Singapore in 17th.

16th: China
The 2nd was a fleeting glance at the top for Tung, but that came from being second across the line at the start of the session. No improvement on every other lap saw him slip down the order.

15th: Bulgaria
Nikolov saw one of his flying laps ruined by a San Marino car on an outlap. In the end it made little difference with the lack of boost and the Bulgarian settled in as second best non-booster on the grid.

14th: Serbia
With 13 boosts in qualifying someone was bound to lose out. And that someone was Ancevski. The Serbian just couldn't seem to hook up the car as well as others, and ended up in a disappointing 14th

13th: Germany
On the flip side, a surprisingly positive session for Kederer as he managed to out qualify a 500 boost car with nothing extra in the tank. The German will probably fall behind Serbia in the race, but he'll be first in line to pounce should the guys in front fail

12th: Monaco
Grimaldi is another driver who will probably have been hoping to be inside the top 10 but like Serbia is was not to be. All to play for in the race however, as the boost should mean plenty of pace.

11th: San Marino
As with the incident with Bulgaria, Silvestre often found his team sending him out later in the run window. Traffic certainly didn't help him, and he failed to improve much from his initial lap

10th: Japan
Japan used a bit less boost in qualifying then the people around them so 10th is maybe about where they expected to be. And that's exactly where Ihara put the car after a couple of sighter laps.

9th: France
It's hard to say much about the performance of Girard in this session. The Frenchman never looked likely to threaten the top of the order and settled happily for a middle grid spot.

8th: Finland
Keranen was one of the biggest movers in the session, a strong improvement on his slow first lap saw him up to 5th at point. A few improvements from others saw him trickle back to 8th, a very solid performance considering a slightly lower amount of boost used.

7th: Italy
A good days work from Tafuro, the Italian found a little bit of rhythm and put himself in a nice place to earn a haul of points in the race.

6th: Netherlands
The striking orange dutch car looked like it might put itself at the top several times, with good splits in the first sector especially. However De Boer couldn't carry it through the rest of the lap and had to settle for a strong 6th.

5th: Wales
Pryce was another one who looked like he may threaten the top several times, but perhaps the biggest differentiator was the 100 less boost. Still, the Welsh time will be chuffed with a top 5 start, they just need to keep hold of it in the race.

4th: Portugal
A surprisingly anonymous second row start for Portugal. Silva chipped little bits of time of his first lap, but went the whole session in 4th place. Plenty of chances for a podium in 4th place however.

3rd: UAE
It looked like it might be Hatfields day in the first runs, as he set the first time and saw every other car behind him go slower. Unfortunately in later runs it was not to be, and the UAE driver couldn't recreate the magic of his first lap.

2nd: Brazil
Possibly one of the oddest moments I've seen in qualifying happened to Brazil, with Cremasco crossing the line to take top spot only for his engine to blow seconds later. The Brazilian recovered to the pits to get out again, but it seems everything had been used up in that one spectacular lap.

1st: South Korea
Seeing the boost allocation, South Korea may have feared the worst for qualifying. Clearly that didn't effect Lin Kuei as the Korean driver set a spectacular time to be the only man to drop under 1 minute 18 seconds. With full boost back in the car for the race, the South Koreans look strong!

So congratulations to Lin Kuei of South Korea! There was some good battling, as well as some big losers purely because of how much boost was used. Hopefully with that the race should be exciting, and we'll get to see plenty of action!

Official qualifying results

Thanks for joining me for the qualifying coverage, hopefully you can join me for the race coverage which promises to be more... comprehensive ;). Goodbye!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2016 12:08PM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
tfw a full boost only gets you midfield :-(

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
4th? Not bad, not bad...

-----------------------------------------------------

Team China

16th. Saw this coming as we knew that with no boost we weren't going to qualify high up the order. Just have to hope that the race goes well for Cheng and that our rivals falter so that we can retain our lead in the standings.

You have a 24 points lead to your follower so that's obvious you'll still have the lead. ;-)

12th. Not where we wanted to be with full boost.

Not really satisfied by our performance. Perhaps we can recover in the race.

My GPGSL Career
That went surprisingly well, let's see what the race brings.

Some mods
Team Ireland

Terrible lap and quali. Sounds like our performance isn't satisfied a lot so we start at the back. We will struggle a lot and may be expecting a lot much difficult this race. So unfortunately we're ruling the points finish and we aim at least to finish 18th or higher possibly, because some other competitors will possibly be stronger.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2016 10:44PM by Bandon23.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy