GPG Nations Cup S5 R17 - Off-season

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
Was the video quality ok for you guys? Might do more to give Greg a bit of a break, if it wasn't I'll revert to the R7 settings.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Video was ok. Not sure what could be done to improve the quality though.

It was Ok for me, maybe a bit too long as I thought we tried to keep the race length under the hour limit but that's not an issue anyway.

As said, revert to the round 7 settings. File size was three times as much back then though (3GB-1GB).

My bad with the length, when setting the track up I had dry conditions, was just over 50min then.

Some mods
Yeah, I was thinking the wet condition affected the race length a bit.

First points for new management Scotland! I'll take that (Y)

Video quality was more than fine for me by the way Tobi.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Damn, I was expecting a victory after good qualification, but this was not the case.

The race coverage was very good, thanks for that.

PS Between 1 and 14 of August I'm on a leave, not sure if I will have i-net connection.
I can't watch the video, I get an error message. What are the results ?
lol, video might be locked due to menu music xD

I've put the results in the spoiler right below the video.

Some mods
Didnt watch the video - simply dont have time to watch 1 hrs worth of a race. Went straight to the results screen to get my closure, without even looking at the video....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Out of points, not a good race for us

Worst season ever for Portugal.

What a massive disappointment. We need big changes for next season...

-----------------------------------------------------

shep34 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Didnt watch the video - simply dont have time to
> watch 1 hrs worth of a race. Went straight to the
> results screen to get my closure, without even
> looking at the video....

Fair enough, didn't have the time either to invest several hours in a picture coverage, when the video didn't even take an hour of my time (seeing that I was free to do other stuff during the race & upload). At least there wasn't any delay between parts this way :p

Some mods
Although my personal preference isn't video, I must say the qualify was just fine and even better: the weekend got by really fast!

There is just one thing I disliked most of this race and that was 'race director mode'. GP4 isn't capable of selecting the right on track action every time. I missed almost all moments of my car going off track. I understand why Tobi used this though, otherwise he would need to cut and montage video, not reducing any of the work load.

If we can speed up the season I'm all for more video races, under exactly the same conditions as this one has run. Only thing would be the time, but like Tobi said, the race became much longer due to the unexpected weather.

Thank you Tobi for running the race!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
MDBSnake Wrote:
> There is just one thing I disliked most of this
> race and that was 'race director mode'. GP4 isn't
> capable of selecting the right on track action
> every time. I missed almost all moments of my car
> going off track.

I think it does a pretty good job for a 15yo game, I never experienced any issues with the race director tbh.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
MDBSnake schrieb:
> Although my personal preference isn't video, I
> must say the qualify was just fine and even
> better: the weekend got by really fast!
>
> There is just one thing I disliked most of this
> race and that was 'race director mode'. GP4 isn't
> capable of selecting the right on track action
> every time. I missed almost all moments of my car
> going off track. I understand why Tobi used this
> though, otherwise he would need to cut and montage
> video, not reducing any of the work load.
>
> If we can speed up the season I'm all for more
> video races, under exactly the same conditions as
> this one has run. Only thing would be the time,
> but like Tobi said, the race became much longer
> due to the unexpected weather.
>
> Thank you Tobi for running the race!

Yeah, it's good but far from perfect. Had I watched the race I could've switched to the action if I had noticed that DC was missing something, but I was having lunch :p

Certainly don't think we need to rush through the remaining season now, but 2 races per month should be the aim. As said, I had planned about 50min for the race, but simply forgot about the rain (which honestly I should've expected with 60% chance). Imo quali could always be done this way, after all everyone normally gets some air-time during the race.

Some mods
Team Wales is delighted to jag a home race podium! We weren't expecting such a strong performance and this should set us up very nicely to put some pressure on for the title in the run home!!
kedy89 Wrote:
> shep34 schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Didnt watch the video - simply dont have time
> to
> > watch 1 hrs worth of a race. Went straight to
> the
> > results screen to get my closure, without even
> > looking at the video....
>
>
> Fair enough, didn't have the time either to invest
> several hours in a picture coverage, when the
> video didn't even take an hour of my time (seeing
> that I was free to do other stuff during the race
> & upload). At least there wasn't any delay between
> parts this way :p

Exactly. For the "presenter", the video coverage may simply be the quickest way (says me who has zero idea how much work may be involved!!), compared to the time it takes to do pic coverage, trying to make sure all big moments are caught and shown - a lot of hours can go into this!
For me though, i just dont have or get the time to watch a video, whereas looking at the pics can be done in just a few minutes.....
But obviously the quick turnaround for race coverage and results, is a winner!!!!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Can't watch a video sadly as most of the time I dont have access to wifi and I don't want to waste mobile data
Welp, the race was a bummer, that's for sure. As for the video itself it was great, even if just done with the in game director. Though it sometimes gives preference to non important race moments, it certainly does its job, and could well be an alternative for when all RDs have lack of time. It may even attract new RDs, since it's the easiest way to cover a race. Of course, it has lots of downsides, such as the video lenght and size, but I think it works.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy