GPG Nations Cup S5 R17 - Off-season

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
I like the sound as shown above :)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
In terms of track nomination I'm happy to go with whatever Serbia/Bulgaria choose. If for whatever reason there aren't enough tracks, I'd like to nominate Brno but otherwise I'm not fussed.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
I think the 31st has now passed everywhere on earth, so track nomination is closed.

We have 13 nominations, which means that either we'll have a shorter calendar this season, or I pick 4 more tracks which I think will make some good races. I'll go with the latter as I think you prefer more races.

Full calendar will be announced shortly.

Regarding liveries, following nations still have to send it in:
UAE
France
Italy
Netherlands
Finland
Scotland
Wales
Singapore
Montenegro
Brazil
Australia
Japan
San Marino
Uruguay
South Korea

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Oh damnit I forgot track nomination! Sorry guys, Zandvoort off course!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
Season 5 calendar

1 - UAE GP - Yas Marina - 0%
2 - Singapore GP - Marina Bay - 0%
3 - Australian GP - Surfers Paradise - 0%
4 - Japanese GP - Motegi - 20%
5 - Chinese GP - Zhuhai - 0%
6 - Montenegro GP - Brno - 0%
7 - Bulgarian GP - Hungaroring - 0%
8 - Dutch GP - Zandvoort - 0%
9 - Welsh GP - Donington Park - 60%
10 - French GP - Le Mans Bugatti - 30%
11 - German GP - Hockenheimring - 0%
12 - Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps - 50%
13 - Italian GP - Monza - 0%
14 - Portuguese GP - Portimao - 0%
15 - Canadian GP - Watkins Glen - 0%
16 - Mexican GP - Mexico City - 0%
17 - Brazilian GP - Interlagos - 20%

Calender looks ok.

Oo 2nd race is home race!
I was about to ask where the hell is Hungary but I see you put Bulgaria as the chooser instead of Serbia. Oh well, no issue with that.
Calendar looks alright, except three things:
-It has Donington Park
-It has Spa-Francorchamps
-It has Portimao

those three are my unluckiest tracks along with Suzuka and Magny-Cours. But alright, they are late in the season, and I know where I am not, at all costs, using my boost ;)
old versions of Mexico and Hockenheim I assume?

edit: actually, if the % is rain chance I think it's slightly off.
Singapore is one of the rainiest cities on the planet, definetly I don't think it should be 0%
Zandvoort should have rain. I mean, it's Holland ;)

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2015 03:10PM by miki2000milos.
The calendar is pretty good for me, it should stay like that. Also for Ireland, we still yet to compete in this season as our first debut in GPGNC. We still look confident.
I might say that a Mexican GP was unexpected, but I like the Mexico City circuit, so, no problem with me

Yeah, thought let's go with Spa, and Surfers and Mexico as some former CART tracks. If Maikel hadn't replied just in time it would have been Assen instead of Zandvoort.

miki2000milos schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> edit: actually, if the % is rain chance I think
> it's slightly off.
> Singapore is one of the rainiest cities on the
> planet, definetly I don't think it should be 0%
> Zandvoort should have rain. I mean, it's Holland
> ;)

Doesn't mean anything, Losail it rains 3 days a year, and a few years back MotoGP managed to have their races just on these days. They delayed it from Sunday to Monday back then ;)

Some mods

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2015 07:29PM by kedy89.
kedy89 Schreef:
> Yeah, thought let's go with Spa, and Surfers and
> Mexico as some former CART tracks. If Maikel
> hadn't replied just in time it would have been
> Assen instead of Zandvoort.
>
>
>
> miki2000milos schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > edit: actually, if the % is rain chance I think
> > it's slightly off.
> > Singapore is one of the rainiest cities on the
> > planet, definetly I don't think it should be 0%
> > Zandvoort should have rain. I mean, it's
> Holland
> > ;)
>
>
> Doesn't mean anything, Losail it rains 3 days a
> year, and a few years back MotoGP managed to have
> their races just on these days. They delayed it
> from Sunday to Monday back then ;)

I thought of Assen as well, but I couldn't remember how overtaking was on that circuit. I was afraid it would be a boring race, if overtaking is good there however it would be a nice change of venue :)

Did an accelerated race, on the lap chart it looked like overtakes did happen.

Might have to rethink Surfers, even with reduced AI errors a good amount of crashes, plus lack of overtaking :/

Some mods
If Tobi/anyone is unsure about the track I can run some quick tests on it tonight to check for anything obviously wrong?

As for the calendar so far it's great to have a Montenegrin GP on the calendar! The Mexican GP seems a bit odd though? It's a great track but it makes more sense to have either Korea International/Imola/one of the many Brazilian or Argentinian tracks for South Korea/San Marino/Uruguay respectively. Either that or make Mexico the final GP and have it as a "world" Grand Prix of sorts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2015 08:40PM by truecrysis.
Not more or less odd than the Belgian GP imo. And as there were no more nominations I'd say noone can complain.

Could I get your opinions on Surfers, Motegi and Assen please? :)
The first two will need reduced AI errors, I had Surfers on 4 and Motegi on 40 (has to be reduced further I think)

Some mods
Van Assen moet ik altijd plassen. ;)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Hmm true, I forgot Belgium wasn't really a team. I have the same opinion about that then although it could just be me :)

As for those 3 tracks I will have a look in to them. :)

Not my fault that some didn't nominate, could've also gone with a 14 tracks calendar ;)

Some mods
Would like to know how a race goes on Assen, if it's enjoyable it will change my choice (if that's okay with you Tobi)

kedy89 Schreef:
> Not my fault that some didn't nominate, could've
> also gone with a 14 tracks calendar ;)

Would make for an awesome short season ;) ;)

Turbo Lover Schreef:
> Van Assen moet ik altijd plassen. ;)

Whahaaha! Geweldig dit :)

Ok from what I've seen:

Assen - Great amount of overtaking, 3 main points on the track where it can be done as well as 2/3 other corners where it occasionally happens. Pit in/out works well. My biggest complaints would be it gets a bit bumper cars in wet conditions but turning AI errors down to 20 should solve it if theres a chance of wet racing. Also the cameras would need to be changed, as they're all pretty low and don't give a great view of the action. Minor problems though, I'd say include it.

Surfers - Overtaking can happen, much moreso than Monaco. AI errors is a problem though, I set it to 1 and was still getting 6/7 retirements a race with about 8 cars remaining on the lead lap. I also don't like the pit entrance as its a heavy jerk left which is asking for trouble if anyone is alongside a pitting car. I would possibly look at fixing the cc line a bit, but if its not a nominated track I'd probably look to pick something else which isn't as incident heavy.

Motegi - Errors of 20 seemed to provide reasonable results although I'd probably recommend taking it further down to 10. The cc line is a mess though so I want to redo that in the next few days then I'll check again. I think this one can be fixed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy