GP4 100% Race Ultimate Career Mode

Posted by miki2000milos 
Re: GP4 100% Race Ultimate Career Mode
Date: September 04, 2015 08:13PM
Posted by: Atticus.
No problem, I'm happy to have helped.

Imola is a compromise mechanical setup-wise - on the one hand, you have the heavy kerb-riding demand which requires a very soft suspension, but on the other hand, there are numerous quick changes of direction in the fast chicanes which require a stiffer setup. Good traction is also important, so I'd go for soft rear springs, but stiffer dampers to lengthen the amount of time the suspension is able to handle heavy acceleration without too much wheelspin.

Good luck with the race. :-)

My workthread - [www.grandprixgames.org]
Full of classic F1/non-F1 track layouts

My blog about F1 performance analysis - [thef1formbook.wordpress.com]
Date: September 04, 2015 08:50PM
Posted by: miki2000milos
I believe I haven't touched the dampers but the springs are 900-700. I found this to be slightly faster than 1200-800 I did before, though I will have to raise the front again as I noticed the front of the plank is often touching the ground with the softer setting, I can also hear it, see it on the HUD, and feel it in the FFB a bit. The game also points that out, softer springs means I may have to raise the car.
thanks for the tip again :-) Yeah I'm actually hoping it rains as then I can overtake some cars on traction lol

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2015 11:34PM by miki2000milos.
Date: September 05, 2015 01:29PM
edit: nevermind got it

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2015 03:38PM by miki2000milos.
Date: September 06, 2015 04:09PM
Posted by: fandericciardo3
When is the next round coming?
Date: September 06, 2015 04:11PM
tomorrow

I did say "subscribe for weekly GP4 career mode", which should mean once a week an episode comes out :P

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Date: September 06, 2015 04:14PM
miki2000milos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> tomorrow
>
> I did say "subscribe for weekly GP4 career mode",
> which should mean once a week an episode comes out
> :P

Oh, okay, so it's weekly. Thanks.
Date: September 06, 2015 05:49PM
said it in the first post aswell ;-)

miki2000milos Wrote:
> Oh hai!
> I planned to start a youtube channel doing.. well,
> GP4.
> And I thought of this idea..
> why not start an ultimate career mode? Going
> through a very long F1 career.
> But apart from youtube I will also share the races
> here for you guys.
>
> So here's the story:
> Edit: new story: Adam Richards is starting in year
> 2000 in the Williams team, after they chose Adam
> over Jenson.
>
> The rules are that 3-stop strategies won't exist,
> so only 1 and 2 stop, I have to follow whatever
> strategy the team gives me, and I have to complete
> every race as 100%.
> I will record, edit, upload and commentate the
> races. Likely they will be 15-20 minutes long, so
> not too long. One race per week.
> Races will be uploaded on this channel:
> [www.youtube.com]
> Fd1G0Q
> But I will put all the races here in this thread
> anyway with a written race report.
>
>
> ps: I hope I am not breaking any ToS etc., I am
> not trying to self-advertise on the channel, the
> point is to share my career mode experience with
> you guys who are interested! :-)

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2015 05:49PM by miki2000milos.
Date: September 07, 2015 11:16PM
Nope, not today. Tomorrow for sure. To prove it, the video is rendering right now.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Date: September 08, 2015 11:44AM

sorry if I sounded sick in the video, I tried to edit it out. I actually wasn't sick but it was the first day of cold weather (like 10 degrees less), and I was commentating in the morning hours.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2015 11:58AM by miki2000milos.
Date: September 10, 2015 04:31PM
Standings (sorted by team standings)
Date: September 10, 2015 07:25PM
can't see them at the end of the video?

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Date: September 10, 2015 09:18PM
anyway, as Andy posted the results.. written report.

Quali couldn't be more pointless, after the FIA decided to give Adam a grid penalty for the incident with Hakkinen in Brazil at turn 4. Adam got 7th in quali, meaning 17th, while setting up his car for the race.
Race started full wet, and Adam had ridiculous pace. He was flying past cars to get up to P4 after like 9 laps. He couldn't go faster than the leaders though. But then, a punctured front right tyre forced him for a stop, down to P9. He pitted around the same time for a 2-stop strategy, but he was on a 1-stop tho. Well, no more. But he was flying on new tyres, 1 second faster than any other car, catching up to P2 after another clumsy overtake on Hakkinen, but this time it wasn't completely his fault. DC was dominating 30 secs ahead of everyone. 2nd stop came for me on lap 41 I think, while the track was drying out it was still too wet for a switch to Inters. This time however, Adam had no pace on new tyres, as the track was getting drier and drier and more cars were going on Inters. Williams however didn't pull Adam in, trying a split strategy as his teammate got the correct tyre. Adam was running P2 after that until Hakkinen and Barichello closed down a 10 and 30!! second gap respectively. To add to the misery, Rubens pulled out a further 20, meaning Williams' gamble didn't pay off one bit and he lost 50 seconds, or 20, if we count a pitstop as 30 seconds. Still no position loss, as Villeneuve was a long way back. P4 it is, teammate getting close to points aswell.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2015 09:37PM by miki2000milos.
Date: September 11, 2015 12:57AM
Posted by: Atticus.
Sounds like the rain absolutely wrecked your strategy. Both the initial one-stopper and then the crossover (to dry) wasn't too kind to your second stop either.

What was the AI difficulty this time? Ace? Because then at least the setup work paid out big time. ;)

My workthread - [www.grandprixgames.org]
Full of classic F1/non-F1 track layouts

My blog about F1 performance analysis - [thef1formbook.wordpress.com]
Date: September 11, 2015 08:50AM
yes I didn't mention but I did a setup and I put the difficulty up to Ace

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Date: September 13, 2015 12:24PM
miki2000milos Wrote:
> can't see them at the end of the video?

I didn't minded them.
Date: September 13, 2015 01:18PM
So I did the British GP, okay, but I tried to record the Spanish GP in advance and after 30 laps I chose to do a save game just so the game doesn't mess it up later.
and.. the game crashed.

I seriously don't want to drive Catalunys again, such an awful track. I might even retire.

The crash log is so huge as it seems like I had a software failure. Basicly every second it says it like 100 times.
8MB of a notepad file.
[www.mediafire.com]

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2015 01:18PM by miki2000milos.
Date: October 09, 2015 02:17PM
Any plans of continuing the series?
Date: October 09, 2015 07:53PM
well not really

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Date: November 08, 2015 09:05PM

finally found some time to render this video, had it on my disk for ages... lol

the real reason behind the absence was the commentary, I didnt want to do it as the software didn't work, and I lost time for it. I'll probably switch to live commentated races.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2015 09:05PM by miki2000milos.
Date: November 09, 2015 04:26PM
With Ferrari's double retirement and Richards' first win, it means now that Richards is leading the championship! However, it might not last long, because the experts predict that Ferrari can win again.

Race Review:
QUALIFYING
During qualifying, Williams' Adam Richards was help up by Jaguar's Eddie Irvine, meanwhile he was on a flying lap, and Irvine on his out-lap. Richards would actually qualify 11th and Irvine 9th. Michael Schumacher took pole position for the race, 0.089 tenths ahead of team-mate Rubens Barrichello.

RACE
In the race, Barrichello got a poor start as he was passed by both McLarens for 2nd, and Richards sufered a wheelspin at the start.

At Turn 8 on Lap 4, Barrichello made contact with Mika Häkkinen. They were both running 3rd and 2nd respectively, and with the collision they dropped 19th and 20th respectively.

On Lap 9, Michael Schumacher suffered a puncture, which put him out of the race just after a pole position and a fastest lap being set before the puncture. It made Jordan's Jarno Trulli lead the race. On Lap 13, Trulli went off at the Stowe corner, losing the lead to Adam Richards and Ralf Schumacher.

On Lap 18, everything came to a disaster for Ferrari, as Rubens Barrichello suffered a loose wheel. It later happened for Minardi's Marc Gené on the next lap. On Lap 20 Ralf Schumacher was the race leader until he pitted on lap 22, so David Coulthard became the race leader.

Jos Verstappen would retire from the race on lap 23 with a transmission failure, as it was because of Arrows' poor reliability.

On Lap 25, a moment with both Williams cars came with a shock. Adam Richards touched with teammate Ralf Schumacher on the straight when he was about to overtake, but both cars were lucky not to sustain serious damage.

10 laps later, McLaren's David Coulthard spun at high speed at the Becketts and Maggots corners. Trying to get back on track, he hits the wall instead "out of nowhere". He was not leading at the time, as Williams were "en route" to a comfortable 1-2 finish.

Further retirements came. BAR's Ricardo Zonta and Prost's Nick Heidfeld on their 26th lap, and Jordan's Jarno Trulli on his 32nd lap. They suffered a throttle, engine and transmission problem respectively.

On Lap 40, Richards was making his 2nd pit stop. But then after pitting, Benetton's Giancarlo Fisichella tried to overtake Richards, but fails and they make contact with eachother, luckily to stick their car onto the track without spinning.

Jacques Villeneuve suffers a loose wheel on Lap 42, and it becomes a double retirement for BAR in the British Grand Prix. Ralf Schumacher pitted on the same lap, and Adam Richards is leading the race. However, a disaster came in for Ralf Schumacher just after he makes his 2nd pitstop. He retires with a transmission problem, losing out Williams' comfortable 1-2 finish at their home race.

And then, the race winner eventually became Williams' Adam Richards. Mika Häkkinen came in second for McLaren and Benetton scores their first podium of the season, as Giancarlo Fisichella finished 3rd.

DRIVERS' STANDINGS
Adam Richards leads the Drivers' Championship with 19 points after Ferrari's double retirement. Häkkinen gets 16 points ahead of Coulthard's 10. Fisichella is 6th with 7 points, and meanwhile, Wurz, Frentzen and Herbert score their first points of the season.

CONSTRUCTORS' STANDINGS
McLaren now have a 5 point gap to Ferrari. They have 29 and Ferrari 34. Benetton moves up to 4th with 10 points, putting BAR down to 5th.

The race-by-race results sheet is also with a new style. New team colours for Sauber, Benetton, Prost and Jaguar.
(ignore the mistake with Häkkinen's and McLaren's points, Häkkinen has 16 and McLaren 29)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy