F1 Graphics Swapper. [v2.0]

Posted by AUS_Doug 
F1 Graphics Swapper. [v2.0]
Date: July 31, 2015 11:45AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
What does it do?

After telling the program where you've installed GP4, it will search the GP4 root folder for files with the .cfg extension; As far as I'm aware, the only GP4 files that use this extension are F1Graphics files.
You can then, with the click of a button, replace the existing F1Graphics.cfg with a .cfg file of your choice.

Why would I need to do that?

Example: (And the reason I needed it)
It might be that your computer can run the default 2001 season with the graphics settings up really high; Full shadows & reflections, particle effects etc.
But can your computer run a really high detailed mod with those same settings?
If not, place two .cfg files in your GP4 folder; One with all the settings set really high (maybe call it high.cfg) and one with all the settings on medium (maybe call it normal.cfg).
When you play the default season, use the high.cfg; When you play the mod, use the normal.cfg.

The application will remember the last GP4 path you used, so it is a really quick way of switching between graphics settings.

Download links:
Latest: [github.com]

Instruction video:

Readme:
Program name: 		F1 Graphics Swapper
Author: 		AUS_Doug
Version: 		2.0
Date: 			28th October 2015
Build Time (Version): 	~ 3.0 Hours
Build Time (Total): 	~ 6.5 Hours

What it does:
-----------------------------
 - Allows the user to quickly and easily switch between different f1graphics.cfg files in
   their GP4 directory.	

Requirements:
-----------------------------
 - .NET Framework 4

Instructions:
------------------------------
1) Have multiple f1graphics.cfg files in your GP4 directory. (Eg 'High.cfg', 'Normal.cfg' & 'Low.cfg';)

2) Run 'F1 Graphics Swapper.exe' from anywhere on your PC.

3) Find your GP4 Installation using the 'GP4 Location...' button.

4) Select the desired .cfg from the combo box.

5) Press 'Swap!'

When you select a location using the 'GP4 Location' button, that location is stored in the settings.ini file.
(Generated automatically if it doesn't already exist.)
This means that you don't have to select your GP4 Location every time.

ChangeLog:
----------------------------
28th October 2010 - 2.0 Release:
 - Complete program rebuild after source was lost (along with many other things) in a HDD crash at the end of August.
 - Compatible with v1.1 .ini files.
 - Written as a Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) program, rather than the old Windows Forms (WinForms).
   >WPF is, by all accounts, better than WinForms for a variety of reasons and I decided that this was a good time
    to learn it, though this came at the cost of adding some time to this build.

31st July 2015 - 1.1 Release:
 - GP4 Directory now stored in settings.ini so that the location is remembered between sessions.
 - Put together a small video demonstrating its use.

6th April 2015 - 1.0 Release.

Notes:
There is, naturally, no guarantee that this won't break something.
As such, you use this at your own risk; I've done all I can to make sure everything will be OK, but computers are fickle beasts.

Credits:
All the people who've kept GP4 alive these many years.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2017 03:40AM by AUS_Doug.
Re: F1 Graphics Swapper. [v1.1]
Date: July 31, 2015 11:48AM
Posted by: quickslick
sounds great and a good idea, thank you :)
Date: July 31, 2015 08:34PM
Posted by: iaquinta
Pretty useful tool. Thank you!
Date: August 01, 2015 06:49PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Nice little program. :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 02, 2015 03:11PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Re: F1 Graphics Swapper. [v2.0]
Date: October 28, 2015 07:49AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Updated to 2.0, link in first post.

Complete program rebuild - lost the source for this (and other work) in a HDD crash back in August - using the Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) framework instead of Windows Forms.
Not much difference in a program such as this, but it is faster, lighter and has potential to be much prettier than WinForms applications.

Maintains compatibility with .ini files from previous version.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Re: F1 Graphics Swapper. [v2.0]
Date: October 28, 2015 04:27PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
(Y)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy