Looking for team Motorhomes

Posted by neilcaine 
Looking for team Motorhomes
Date: July 20, 2015 09:49PM
Posted by: neilcaine
I just wanted to ask if anyone has made any Motorhome objects/textures, I thought there was a project started by someone a while ago but I'm not sure if it was ever finished. A few of the tracks could have Motorhomes added to them - I know versions of Spa have them but they are not really up to date
Re: Looking for team Motorhomes
Date: August 08, 2015 12:41AM
Posted by: AugustoGibim
Dear.
I m developing templates for team trucks and motorhomes.
4 models Mercedes, Renault, MAN and Iveco.
Alpha channels separated for infinite colors and sponsors.
High resolution 1024x1024. All new.
Soon.
Date: August 08, 2015 12:46AM
Posted by: kerleyf1
I think someone already released an generic motorhome sometime ago. I just don't know who.

Maybe Jürgen (quickslick) have the file.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Date: August 08, 2015 01:10AM
Posted by: quickslick
the trucks looks good Augusto :)
Date: August 08, 2015 08:55AM
Posted by: xandy
Yeah, I did a handful of motorhomes - what you may call the primary team motorhomes (big, custom-build things) - a few years ago. I don't have the shape/textures files any more, but you can find some of them in the Jerez track at gp4central (with low-res textures though). With hindsight I would say that the models aren't bad, but they aren't that good either. Example: I got the "roundness" and the back of the McLaren motorhome completely wrong. All shapes and textures are free to use/modify - so perhaps a starting point to do it better.

@AugustoGibim
Good to see your project! Ferrari not using Mercedes trucks!
Two suggestions:
(1) I always found the DTM truck models too big. In the EC the standard (not maximum!) height of closed trailers is 4m. Perhaps there are sources to check the real dimensions.
(2) Teams, FIA, Pirelli etc use "extendable" trailers to build "secondary" motorhomes - we see them mostly directly behind the garages on the European circuits. The trailers are extended in height from - let's say - 4m to perhaps 5.5m. Would be nice to have a shape for them with a template to paint the various teams.
Date: August 08, 2015 10:25AM
these are all motorhomes from xandy

[www43.zippyshare.com]
Date: August 08, 2015 09:38PM
Thanks for the replies and link to the motorhomes, - those new trucks look good also, looking forward to them as well as new motorhomes. I know a lot of the gp4 tracks look totally deserted behind the garages so adding these can only make them look more realistic.
Date: August 09, 2015 04:58PM
This one is especially for quickslick - thank you for looking after all the gp4 files!

A quick update of the McLaren Motorhome to 2015 McLaren Honda spec:
- 236 faces shape with new backside
- 1024x2048 tga/tex with small updates/modifications
- do with it what you like, just do it

Download: Motorhome_McLaren Honda 2015.zip

Date: August 09, 2015 06:24PM
very nice xandy, thank you :)
Date: August 09, 2015 07:31PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Thank you very much Mr. Jerez.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 09, 2015 07:59PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Date: August 09, 2015 09:57PM
Hi Xandy

Would you be able to provide a different link for your 2015 Mclaren motorhome? For some reason I can't fully load the zippyshare page with all the adverts and winzip can't download the file for some reason, I keep getting an error - haven't seen this before!
Date: August 16, 2015 12:01PM
@neilcaine
new upload for you at userscloud, links die fast though:
- package by quickslick: [userscloud.com]
- McLaren Honda 2015: [userscloud.com]

Now that I've started again, another one bites the dust:

Williams Martini Motorhome (2014/2015)
- 282 faces
- 1024x2048 tga/tex (semi-transparency required)

Download
- [www17.zippyshare.com]
- [userscloud.com]

As always the rear of the building is more or less fictionally shaped and painted, so:

WANTED - (2015) pictures from the rear of the motorhomes (all teams, FIA, Bernie, Pirelli, Renault), don't have to be high-def as long as distinctive features can be recognized for shaping and painting - THANK YOU

FIA, Redbull/Toro Rosso will be updated; some more are planned.

@Turbo Lover
"Mr Jerez" - that must be one of the 99 unmentionable names of an artist known as prblanco ;). I remember fondly all the hassle to preserve his CC-line for this track while editing the .dat (I did use an old GP4Builder iirc). This track is imho at the top for fun - keyboard control and AI work very well and most races are really hard fights.
Some month ago I found a www resource with 1:25k topographical maps of Spain. No use for the track itself, but very nice to have for re-vamping the surrounding hills. Here is something I look at occasionally:

Time to start for/with the hills - perhaps.
Date: August 16, 2015 03:46PM
Posted by: gezere
Thanks Xandy for the new motorhomes.(Y)
I inserted the new willams' motorhome and updated the Macca one. great Job.
By the way, yesterday I listed the motorhome still missing for the RedBull Ring and did quickly the Mercedes motorhome this morning.
We still need Lotus, Manor and Sauber.

Date: August 17, 2015 07:59AM
Like your style. That looks good.
Here is a link for a series of pics from the 2015 Barcelona paddock: [www.auto-motor-und-sport.de]
Mercedes does use a new paint-job this year.

As already mentioned I think the trucks in your pic are oversized (too large). Trucks shouldn't be wider than 2.55m and overall not higher than 4m.

For completing the set. I'm now updating the FIA motorhome with some new features. The Sauber one looks like fun to shape - so that one will be next. And that's it for me for the next 2-3 weeks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2015 07:59AM by xandy.
Date: August 23, 2015 12:05PM
refurbished FIA Motorhome (2014/2015) with FIA Trailer
- 2 shapes (motorhome 90 faces/trailer 28 faces)
- 2 1024x2048 tga/tex
- enjoy (the race at Spa)

Download: [www47.zippyshare.com]
Date: August 23, 2015 04:02PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Looks very good, thanks.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 23, 2015 04:35PM
Posted by: gezere
Thank you. great job again (Y). Awaiting impatiently your Sauber Motor home.

For the truck, you are definitively right. they are oversized and I decreased their size by 20%.
howvever, I am thinking to replace them by up to date version... (shape with hospitality)

Date: August 24, 2015 09:51PM
Posted by: alex-139
Many thanks, great work!
Date: August 29, 2015 07:26PM
Thank you for all the kind words.

Now for the project code-named "gezere can't wait". A 250 faces shape - some painting to do:

Codename updated to "gezere must wait" ;)

Btw: saw the Lotus one - looks good.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy