Mišeluk (WIP)

Posted by miki2000milos 
Re: Mišeluk (WIP)
Date: June 30, 2015 12:32AM
Posted by: NickJW
There's a newer version of gp4builder availble at realgpx.com maybe it fixes your problem?

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Date: June 30, 2015 02:39AM
Posted by: TomMK
There are a lot of errors in the .dat track flag list. You should fix all of those before trying to load the track in the game.

I've made you a better cc-line here in case you want to use it.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: June 30, 2015 09:04AM
Posted by: miki2000milos
I'll try the newer version, thanks

Thanks a ton for that Tom! Will definetly use it! (B)
(and include you in the credits when I release the track)

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2015 09:04AM by miki2000milos.
Date: June 30, 2015 12:13PM
alright, I adjusted the bump as after thinking, I realised it should be straight down rather than at an angle. I never experienced driving myself over there as I'm still 15 but I did see it again in rFactor
anyway, I am happy to say it works! Though I still expected a track with walls very close to it, I guess this is still graphical. But hey, it works and that's a good sign

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2015 09:38AM by miki2000milos.
Date: June 30, 2015 05:48PM
another issue:
I read on the f1 virtual guide on pitlane flags that I have to place the first pitlane sector to be perfectly alligned with the nearest track sector. Now i know I didn't perfectly allign them, but cars get stuck in the pits, which is sort of what I expected. But, on the guide in the picture I saw the pitlane begin with a rectangular sector rather than triangular. So do I have to allign that triangular sector (sector 0), or do I have to merge sector 0 to be perfectly alligned to sector 1 which gives a rectangular shape again and them allign that to the track sector? Or something completely 3rd?

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Date: June 30, 2015 05:55PM
Posted by: Prblanco
Your first pitlane sector is missing the "Left Width" and "Right Width" commands. The first sector (in both track and pitlane) has two of each one, one pair for the widths at the start of the sector (which are missing in your pitlane), and another one for the widths at the end of the sector. Other sectors only have one of each.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: June 30, 2015 06:09PM
yeah now sector 0 makes more sense, thanks

edit: yeah that worked, the cars are no longer stuck in the pitlane.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2015 06:17PM by miki2000milos.
Date: June 30, 2015 06:37PM
anyway.. now that I have completed the .dat file (with no curbs or elevations/banks yet), with the help of you guys (B), I want to begin to edit the .gp4/.wad file. Starting off with the track itself.
But, should I first mess around with the elevations of the .dat file, or should I first complete the trackside objects and only then mess with elevations and track banking?
Obviously I am looking for the faster and/or easier solution.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2015 06:38PM by miki2000milos.
Date: June 30, 2015 07:19PM
Posted by: Prblanco
As a general rule, you should finish your .dat before moving to the graphical side. Exceptions:

- the track itself is easily created within GP4Builder, and you will rebuild it a few/some/several times while adjusting elevations until you are satisfied with the result. Keep it to the basics however, don't start modifying the track mesh (adding gravel traps for example) before finishing your .dat.
- small or distant objects may be created at any time - if you change the .dat elevations you'll have to displace the objects up or down, but you won't need to rebuild them. Of course, this moving up and down takes a little of time so avoid having too many of these before finishing your .dat.

That's it, before I finish another sentence with "before finishing your .dat" ;)

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: June 30, 2015 08:26PM
thanks for the tip Prblanco! (Y)(B)

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2015 08:26PM by miki2000milos.
Date: July 01, 2015 01:02AM
Posted by: Atticus.
I'll quote myself from the Barbagallo topic (read that one as well, basically all of that should be relevant for you as well):

...a general tip: if you build elevations before you're done with things you can read from your baseline image (layout, track width, kerbs, bank widths, verges and pitlane layout), you are essentially wasting your precious time, because then when you want to proceed to the remaining items from the above list, you won't be able to place them on their proper spots. So, the tip would be: insert the baseline image, draw the initial layout, align the track width where needed (in the case of Barbagallo, maybe in Turn 4 first and foremost), place the kerbs, create the properly-sized run-off areas (I hate that part, haha, I find it way too time-consuming :D), and do the pitlane properly. After that, you can start building elevations which would then raise and drop your .dat from the surface of your baseline image. Also, your previously created parts, kerbs, rail alignments might provide help when you come to nail your elevations.

So it's basically

- Layout
- Width
- Banks
- Verges
- Kerbs
- Pitlane

And then the elevations, bankings and the rest. You can create basic CC-lines earlier (as you did), but you should only nail them after you are done with the elevations - this way you will know at exactly which sector the track goes through a crest or a compression, so you will be able to adjust your lines accordingly.

My workthread - [www.grandprixgames.org]
Full of classic F1/non-F1 track layouts

My blog about F1 performance analysis - [thef1formbook.wordpress.com]
Date: July 01, 2015 09:19AM
I already did the layout, correct width, and the pitlane, and I started the verges. So I gotta do the rest now. Thanks for the tips too! (Y)(B)

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2015 09:19AM by miki2000milos.
Date: July 01, 2015 10:08AM
may I ask for what are the verges used? Why are they so important?

and does GP4 like street-like curbs? Cuz that's what most of the track is like ;)
also, on curbs, why can't I add them at sector 0?

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2015 10:13AM by miki2000milos.
Date: July 01, 2015 10:11AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
For grass. ;-)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: July 01, 2015 10:14AM
yes but there is grass after the verges until the fence too

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2015 10:14AM by miki2000milos.
Date: July 01, 2015 11:54AM
issues yet again

I did a few curbs, wanted to test how it works and the game.. well.. started crashing again.

I believe I misplaced the curbs as I placed a few outside the fences. Is this the issue?

I have a log aswell. I've uploaded the log and the .dat file
dat: [www.mediafire.com]
log: [www.mediafire.com]

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2015 12:10PM by miki2000milos.
Date: July 01, 2015 11:54AM
edit: wanted to post the log in the thread, splited into two parts but decided to upload it as a txt file instead. Sorry ;)

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2015 12:10PM by miki2000milos.
Date: July 01, 2015 12:36PM
I use verges to create tarmas run-offs on certain tracks, but of course it's not always necessary.

Sector 0 simply does not like kerbs (I found it out during the making of Road Atlanta). Plainly, you just can't put on in there, full stop. :) However, you can make the previous kerb section stop one sector short of sector 0 and let the next one start at sector 1 so that only one sector is missing the kerbing.

Date: July 01, 2015 01:14PM
oh okay, so verges for run-offs. Pretty much any run-off on this track is tarmac though ;)

btw do you know why the track is crashing? I tried removing the curbs aswell, still crashing.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Date: July 01, 2015 03:39PM
Number of issues: first, you did not fully delete kerbing. Try delete the Kerb Description that remained in sector 0. Then, delete the right and left Black Flag Area commands from the same sector as they point towards non-existent sectors. Then you have a strange error in the first pitlane sector which I've never seen before and you should consult with Lo2k on that one.

Finally, you need to place Bank Descriptions manually in the pitlane sectors between the sectors with the Pit Lane Fences Begin and Pit Lane Fence End commands - as noted in the Track Flags List in the Tools menu. Google that one, there should be some instructions on those around the web.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy