Valencia track issue

Posted by AustinF1 
Valencia track issue
Date: June 22, 2015 11:43PM
Posted by: AustinF1
I have for the first time attempted to run a full championship race on the 2008 Valencia track. Strange deal, my car was set for two pit stops but always started with less than 20 gallons of fuel. I substituted the track for another version, maybe one with an update, and now it is just the opposite. The car wins the pole then starts the race with 60 gallons of fuel and runs like a tub of %^&* as AJ Foyt used to say. I also have had this race freeze up at the exact same place and lap twice. Is there a Valencia any newer than the 2008 track? Thanks, Austin F1
Re: Valencia track issue
Date: June 23, 2015 12:54PM
Posted by: TomMK
Try this version by Leo available from GP4 Central.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: June 24, 2015 05:33AM
Tom, that newer Valencia track is pretty awesome. Leo is to be commended for his detailed work. Through my experimentation I ran across something intriguing. I used Track Installer V1.3 to input the Valencia track. When I install it in the number one slot over Melbourne, I would consistently run 145-146 second lap times. No matter what I did with wing and gear ratio settings, I couldn't break that 145 second lap. However, when I input the track in slot number seven over Monaco I could run 142-143 second laps and could really tell the difference. It seems that somehow some data settings from Monaco and Melbourne are affecting the replacement track. ALso, it is interesting that the fuel consumption in the Melbourne slot is normal while in the Monaco slot the car will drink five laps worth of fuel in less than three laps. I believe this to be akin to the fact that Melbourne is almost exactly the same length as Valencia while Monaco is much shorter, although I had never experienced this "cross-track" fuel consumption issue before. Is there a way to set the lap distance/fuel in GP4 or GP4patch? I couldn't find a way to do it.
Date: June 24, 2015 05:40AM
You should use GPxTrack to install tracks, then you won't have this issue I believe.

Date: June 24, 2015 05:52PM
Just out of curiosity, do the tracks have to all be in a certain folder and be formatted a certain way to install properly using GPxPatch? The Patch only asked for a file location for the .dat only. I have had problems in the past with this, although I think it was only when installing tracks that were previously setup and installed with either Track Installer or Zaz TSM. Any thoughts on why the user car performance would vary based on which track slot the new track was installed in?
Date: June 25, 2015 02:49AM
The .dat and .wad should be in the same folder, with no other .dat or .wad files in that folder.

The .wad also has to be named a particular way (it has to match the name of the folder structure within itself). If you're not sure what I mean, open any of the original 17 .wad files with Easywad (part of ZaZ Tools) and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Date: July 02, 2015 02:21AM
The newer Valencia track looks and runs very well until about the twentieth lap - then it locks up the screen, the sound sticks on full blast, and the whole program must be shut down through Task Mgr or sometimes by powering off the whole PC. Any thoughts?
Date: July 02, 2015 10:11AM
Can you paste your GPxPatch crash log please (if you get one)?

Date: July 06, 2015 08:48PM
Unfortunately, I won't give me that. I just tried to duplicate the problem and got only to lap 11 this time. Every time, the graphics and the controls begin to get jittery for just a couple seconds and then the whole screen freezes with the audio stuck on full blast. The initial ESC button does nothing. When I hit the Control Alt Delete, the sound stops. When I hit ESC again, the sound returns at full blast again but nothing moves the frozen screen. I have to basically completely turn the power switch off and restart the PC. It's a quirk in this track as I can run full races with all the orig tracks and most all the aftermarket tracks once they load with no problems. Strange, huh?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy