Set Accelleration Paddle SRW-S1

Posted by littleone90 
Set Accelleration Paddle SRW-S1
Date: May 16, 2015 04:27PM
Posted by: littleone90
First of all: Sorry, i know there are a lot of topic about steering wheel problem, i take a look on the faq but didn't find anything for me.. so:
I buy a steer with brake and acceleraction paddle on the back, plus gear paddle, but when i try to set ingame the steer, the game did not recognize the accelerator paddle and the shifters. only brake paddle works.
the steer is Simraceway SRW-S1 from SteelSeries
is there any other way to set the paddle? i have to set it like a joystick or like a st. wheel?
or if someone else is using it, can send me the configuration file and tell me how to install it?
thanks to all

Fabio

Re: Set Accelleration Paddle SRW-S1
Date: May 18, 2015 09:25AM
nobody can help?

Date: May 18, 2015 03:31PM
Posted by: davegp4
I like the look of that wheel its got everything, I emailed them asking them about compatibility with gp4
they seem to think it should be ok except there will be no leds but steer brake throttle & gear with paddle should work
but they haven't tried it with gp4 in fact they haven't heard of gp4! what gaming co is that!Dog

Latest Themes / Mods > [www.mediafire.com]
You Tube Video's [www.youtube.com]
________________________________________±
Date: May 18, 2015 07:44PM
maybe i have not explained myself; i already have buy the steering wheel =D
the problem is that ingame i can't configure it, as gp4 read only the left paddle, and i can't set the right paddle for trottle. any helps?

Date: May 19, 2015 01:46AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
I had to Google that wheel to know what you were talking about, and I want to say "Damn that thing looks amazing!"

As for your issue, I think it is similar to the problem GP4 has with the Triggers on Xbox 360 controller.

(Just checking, the paddles you're trying to use for Brake and Throttle are Analog, like the pedals in a car, and not buttons, like on a keyboard?)

The issue seems to be GP4 not liking Throttle and Brake controls on the same Axis; The Xbox 360 Triggers are both Z-Axis, and I imagine the same thing is happening with your wheel.

Two solutions I can think of:

1) Does your wheel come with any Control Profile software? You might be able to separate those paddles onto separate Axis.

2) Download the trial of Pinnacle Game Profiler. I use that for my Xbox 360 Controller, and it works brilliantly.

If you need help setting up Pinnacle, let me know.

I hope you get it working, that it is a very cool looking wheel.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: May 19, 2015 10:06AM
thanks for your reply. yes they are like trigger on xbox controller, not bottons.
no software with the steer.
i try to download and see what i can do with that and let you know
many thanks =)

Date: May 19, 2015 10:25AM
Ok, i try to see how it works, but i need some help. What i have to do to split these axes and finally play the game?

Date: May 19, 2015 12:34PM
Ok, I'll try and walk you through it:

From the main Pinnacle window:

1) In the top right of the window, click 'Game Profiles'.

2) On the window that appears, click 'New'.

3) Then, on the next window, browse for your GP4.exe.

4) On the 'Advanced' tab, in the lower left, install the 'Hook' and click 'OK' and then 'OK' again if a box asks for Administrator permissions.

5) Select 'Empty Profile' on the next screen.

You'll then be taken back to the 'Game Profile' window that we had in Step 2

6) In the bottom left, click 'Edit Configurations' and you'll be taken to another window, hopefully showing a picture of your controller and a list of its buttons and axis's.

7) Determine which of the editable things controls your paddles; Hover each of the items with your mouse until the diagram points to the correct place.

8) Click on the [no command] section of that item, select 'DirectX Override' -> 'DINPUT AXIS' -> 'Y AXIS'

9) Repeat for the other paddle, but select 'Z AXIS' at the end.

(I'm assuming that the steering part of your controller is the Z-Axis)

10) Click 'Save and Close' on the left of screen, click 'OK' in the 'Game Profile' window that we had in Step 2, and you should be back to the main Pinnacle screen.

Launch GP4 from GPxPatch or CSM, and Pinnacle should split the paddles for you and you should then be able to set them up in-game like any pedal set.

It's a bit hard to explain in written form so, if you have trouble, try this:

If you can get to Step 10, click on 'Export' in the lower-left corner, make sure 'Export Profile Data' is selected and click export on the next screen.

Upload the .pin file somewhere, and I should be able to edit it for you.

(I'll also try making a video tomorrow to help set it up.)

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: May 19, 2015 12:41PM
Thanks. Now i'm at the University, later i try it and let you know.
Many thanks

Date: May 19, 2015 08:39PM
in the list i see only one axis...and i think it belong to the left paddle (the braking one), because when i press the left paddle i see the menu that you are talking at 8th point

i also canìt understand if the steer is setted for torning left and right... please help :(

[www.4shared.com]? this is the file that the program create when i click export

Date: May 19, 2015 09:13PM
Ok, it seems that the software merge 2 axis in 1 joypad. Now the paddle works great ingame.. But i have no steer xD i'm working on it. I have to assigne the third axis to what to have back the rotation of the steer ingame?

Date: May 20, 2015 12:36AM
Try assigning it to the X Axis, that should do it.

Date: May 20, 2015 01:39AM
didn't work, check your pm =(

Date: May 23, 2015 10:08PM
ok, after 6 days, a lot of try and the precious help of AUS_Doug i finally make it work. later when i assigne all the button i share it, so if someone want to buy that wheel it really helps ;)

i also want to say that this is our power. every time i come here with a problem there is a guy that helped me and also, where i can, i do the same. keep it in that way, we are great :)

Date: May 24, 2015 04:48AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy