New tracks graphics missing

Posted by AustinF1 
New tracks graphics missing
Date: April 26, 2015 07:50PM
Posted by: AustinF1
I believe I had seen a post addressing this before but I cannot find it so pardon me if this is repetitive. I have began to install many mod tracks and intermittently confront the following problem: When I install a different track through the GPxPatch track management program, some of these have blatant graphics problems. As soon as the track loads and the live opening screen appears, the car (or cars) appear but no track and/or pit graphics are there, i.e. the cars look like they are "floating". Would anyone have some advice on fixing this? I run a ten year old XP machine with an Athlon dual core 64X2 4200+, 2 GIG ram, recently upgraded to nVidea GeForce GTx 750 video card. Note that some of the new tracks work very well, i.e. the 1991 Phoenix street circuit which I just love to run.

Thanks sincerely,
AustinF1
Re: New tracks graphics missing
Date: April 27, 2015 01:33AM
Posted by: TomMK
Have you put the track files in one folder (and only one track per folder)?

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: May 10, 2015 04:51AM
Yes indeed. Here is an example of what I have:
Date: May 10, 2015 05:28AM
Posted by: TomMK
Your screenshot hasn't worked.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: May 10, 2015 06:01AM
Posted by: Briere
Here is a working link :)

To me it looks like a wrong dat/wad combo. Donnington is based on Silverstone in an old school GPxTrack, but those pine trees look like they're from Spa. Did you load Donnington through Slot 14 by any chance ?

Edit : my previous sentence was more like a sword strike into water. I actually meant "What slot did you load the track into ?" :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2015 06:06AM by Briere.
Date: May 10, 2015 09:26AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
The easiest way is to use cmagic to assign the dat to the wad.

You can use this post as a guide; (Only steps 1 and 2 are essential for this task, the others are optional)
[www.grandprixgames.org]

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 10, 2015 02:59PM
I've tried to use CMAGIC before but could not make it work. Kept getting a message about the GP4.exe not decrypted (?). Really appreciate the replies "mates"!
Date: May 10, 2015 03:50PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
You should use a decrypted version of the GP4.exe that I believe is available to download on this site.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 10, 2015 07:11PM
I have used the decrypted GP4.exe. That is has me so frustrated.
Date: May 11, 2015 10:49AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
If I'm correct CMagic is for GP3 only. For GP4 you need (IIRC) CMagic3.

Date: May 11, 2015 11:38AM
Posted by: quickslick
nope, there are two different cmagic versions. One is for the decrypted gp4 exe 1.0 and the other version is for the decrypted gp4 exe 1.2. So it depends on which decrypted gp4 exe you are using, cmagic will work or not

here are both cmagic tools

[www30.zippyshare.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2015 11:42AM by quickslick.
Date: May 12, 2015 12:44AM
I am obliged. I've downloaded them and will try the alternative one out in a day or two!
Date: May 12, 2015 03:55PM
Posted by: Prblanco
This task can be done with Lo2k's GP4Builder.

Open the .dat file with it, select "Track Sectors" and then "Initial Sector". In the "Track Properties" window, click "Show GP4 Infos Data". The "prefix" in CMagic is called "Wad Name" in GP4Builder.

This is one of the settings that may bind the .dat to a particular .wad name. The other is in the track's .ini file, where it is called "prefix" again.

EDIT: I just made a test, if both of these settings are empty, GPxPatch will load the default .wad for the slot in which the track was inserted into, that is, the .wad that's in the main GP4 folder.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2015 04:17PM by Prblanco.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy