binkw32.dll

Posted by Rosebutton 
binkw32.dll
Date: April 21, 2015 01:18PM
Posted by: Rosebutton
Hi guys,

Will somebody tell me how you install the Binkw32.dll file in the apllication directory?Step by step please because i am a noob.

Everytime when i try to install a mod for example 2013 or 2014 i get a message that the binkw32.dll file is installed in the windows or windows system direcrory.It must be installed in the apllication directory....and then when i press OK the following message appears: It cannot start correctly (0xc000142).
I hope somebody can help me...i can"t figure it out by myself.
Re: binkw32.dll
Date: April 21, 2015 04:18PM
Nobody?
Date: April 21, 2015 05:15PM
Posted by: kizz
Its only been 3 Hours!

Quick google and i found the following [www.tomshardware.co.uk]

"Now the answer is that just delete the "Binkw32.dll" file from "Windows/System32". Copying this file to System32 creates a damage directory and then it causes errors in Bink Enabled games. I did this and my PC Ran absolutely fine."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2015 05:16PM by kizz.
Date: April 22, 2015 12:08PM
Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

I did what you wrote..I deleted the binkw32.dll from the system32..but sadly i get the same message.
Can you explain me what a application directory is and where to find it ?Apperently binkw32.dll must be installed in thet directory.
Date: April 22, 2015 12:10PM
Posted by: mortal
GP4 is your application. The directory is where you installed it. There is info on this problem in the FAQ. (pinned topic). When you solve your problem, please edit and mark your topic [fixed].

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 22, 2015 01:16PM
But when i open GP4 i see that binkw32.dll is already installed???
I installed it on the D drive....is it maybe possible that i should install it on the c drive under Infogrames ?(maybe its a stupid question but i try everything)
Date: April 22, 2015 01:43PM
Posted by: mortal
Did you check the FAQ? It may help to install on C:\ drive.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 22, 2015 08:25PM
Thanks for the answer Mortal,

I checked the FAQ but my binkw32.dll is not missing but it must be installed in the application directiory.Installing the game give the same awful message.
Everything works fine but i canot install any updates for example MOD 2013 or MOD 2014 and also decrypted exe does not install because of that message.

I can only install GP4.....GPXpatch430A....NO CD 1.02.....ZAZtools and with that i am playing.
Date: April 22, 2015 10:14PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Didn't you forget to install GP4 patch 9.6 (aka 1.02) between install GP4 and NO CD 1.02 copy/paste ?

Date: April 23, 2015 11:16AM
Morning guys,

When I try to install the GP4 patch 9.6 i get the message : GP4 is already updated.
The trouble is that i cannot install the decrypted exe and no MODs....the message is that the Binkw32.dll is installed in the windows or the windows directory .. it must be installed in the application direcrtory.
Date: April 23, 2015 11:54AM
It's surely because you copied decrypted exe before the patch.
You would have better to reinstall completely : first GP4, then the patch (install it, don't copy files !) then the decrypted exe, and test if it works fine.
Also never use automatic desktop shotcut. Delete it and recreate it from the GP4.exe file.

Date: April 27, 2015 06:32PM
Hi guys,

Thanks Lo2K,

It was exactly what you wrote.
First G4 then the gp4 patch 9.6 then the decrypted exe ....I installed it in that order and now I have no message about a binkw32.dll that is missing.
I installed the MOD 2013 and the 2014 and everything works fine now.

YOUR GREAT!!!
Date: April 27, 2015 07:38PM
Nice to hear it worked as expected :) Have some nice races !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy