[REQUEST] Steering Wheel

Posted by timtoffee 
[REQUEST] Steering Wheel
Date: April 17, 2015 09:42PM
Posted by: timtoffee
Hi guys I'm wanting to get a custom steering wheel for the mod I'm currently working on. I was wondering if anyone has a guide on how to do all parts relating to this or if anyone would be willing to make one for me for the mod if there is no guide available..

Many Thanks.

Tim
Re: [REQUEST] Steering Wheel
Date: April 22, 2015 03:31PM
Posted by: Brett Sinclair
No answer? I can't help you Tim cause I'm no modder in GP4, I used to make helmets for GP3.

Maybe there is someone around in this community who can help you, I'm definetly sure of that. ;-)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Date: April 23, 2015 08:20AM
Posted by: TomMK
There's a very nice generic wheel made by the guys at GP4 Forever, you could ask them?

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: April 23, 2015 08:45AM
Thanks Tom I may do just that.
Date: April 23, 2015 07:54PM
Posted by: tommy90
@ TomMK

I can not find the wheel at GP4 Forever. Can you help me?
Date: April 24, 2015 02:39PM
Posted by: TomMK
I think it's part of their season mods. I forget which one I got it from. Just ask Jorge (jcaranti) or Jose (josekast) if you can use it, and then I'll send you it if it's OK with them.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: April 25, 2015 03:21AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
TomMK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's a very nice generic wheel made by the guys
> at GP4 Forever, you could ask them?
>
> [149.255.97.204]

Off-topic, but that Sauber doesn't seem to be heading towards a drift on the exit of that corner.

I can't see the point of driving the Hungaroring if you're not sideways through T4! ;)

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: April 25, 2015 09:22AM
Posted by: Ronage
Wow that's a great wheel. I would like to install that too.
Date: April 27, 2015 01:59PM
I asked Mathieu (Briere) in a pm to look at your steeringwheel ... for letting the leds work my friend, hope you get an answer soon. ;)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
Date: April 27, 2015 02:01PM
Thank you my friend I hope so too cos I think the wheel I have been designing will work well
Date: April 29, 2015 04:05PM
I know, it will work fine... and I'm glad to be of help.

Date: April 30, 2015 11:38PM
This is what I came up with, I know it's not the most fantastic piece of kit to come out of the steering wheel factory but I like it.

All I need now is what to do to be able to get it to work in game. As for the steering wheel displays and dash etc...

Date: May 01, 2015 08:30PM
Posted by: Duffer
When i see it, thinking about it makes me a Famicom joystick

--------------------------------------------

Date: May 01, 2015 10:32PM
Hmmmmm ok then....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2015 09:51AM by timtoffee.
Date: May 06, 2015 11:46AM

A work in progress with alot of bus. Even thlough the file is a tga i always get the white box around it and my biggest problem is I don't know what to do with the dash so I can move everything into the middle screen and get it working how I want.. Can anyone help?
Date: May 07, 2015 11:35AM
Duffer Schreef:
> When i see it, thinking about it makes me a
> Famicom joystick

Hey Duffer Alex, this answer is rude very rude and is not helping at all... why ?

My friend Tim is making a very easy looking steering wheel because he doesn't want a replica from existing steering wheels like you modders are making... he wants to create an non existing one and you give him no credit.
I thought that every modder was helping each other out for the good of this community.

If their is a question like the one Tim asked and I quote " All I need now is what to do to be able to get it to work in game. As for the steering wheel displays and dash etc..." Why don't or can't you modders help him.

So Mr. Duffer Alex your answer was not called for and didn't help at all... and BTW, I don't like you're RB11 steering wheel, the dash is to dark... in game you can't easily read every data on the wheel, that I am sure of.
So before putting such answers on a persons post... think twice before you write it down.

Have a nice day !!!

Date: May 07, 2015 01:08PM
Posted by: Duffer
Sorry if You take my answer like this. But it isn't rude or something like that. Else for the steering. I can help but the problem is i have a private life and in my pro life i pass a lot a time. Like 70 - 80 hours by week.
So when i have a little free time i want to progress on my work like 1998 for example.

Else after you can ask i have help a lot of people here. After if timtoffee made a little search on this forum he found easily this answer.

After you said you don't like my rb11 steering because the dash is too dark. No problem is your choice. All people are free to like a work or not. But if you the dash too dark you can post it on the topic. With this i now there is a 'bug' and i can modify it or not.

--------------------------------------------

Date: May 07, 2015 01:38PM
Duffer Schreef:

> Else after you can ask i have help a lot of people
> here. After if timtoffee made a little search on
> this forum he found easily this answer.

OKé, why didn't you just wrote Tim where to look or didn't you put a link on his post where to find it... that would be more helpful.

And for you steering wheel, problem is that it's not easy readable when you're driving in cockpit mode on the circuits... it's all black and white and small indicators.

My motto always is " less is more " and just use the necessary because all the other coloured buttons on a wheel have no use in the game, they only distract your eyes from the main panel if you're driving.

That's why the steeringwheel of Tim is more functional... the wheel is for his 2 mods his making The Champions mod and Fictional 2015 mod... just have a look on this link: [www.grandprixgames.org]

So if you will help someone...

Date: May 07, 2015 02:05PM
Posted by: gareth
I think the white areas getting displayed are due to you not doing anything to the alpha layer for the tga/tex used for the wheel. In an alpha layer for wheels (someone correct me if I'm wrong!!) anything that's white will get displayed and anything black will get hidden. You should want something like this:

Date: May 07, 2015 02:09PM
Yeah that's what I got Gareth but it seems really strange that's it's still showing.. Maybe I'm missing something else
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy