GPGSL S10 R11: Brazilian Wax Grand Prix - Interlagos [Perfs posted][Seat Vacancy]

Posted by GPGSL 
GPGSL Rd 1 Australian GP – Season Opener – Qualifying

Welcome back everyone. We’ve seen the test drivers in action so far this weekend, now it’s time for the race drivers to hit the track for the first qualifying session of the season. Last season’s qualifying format returns once again for this season, and as there is no boost being used for the season opener, choosing a potential pole sitter will be that much more difficult. So then, let’s head trackside as the cars are now roaring into life in the garage, which means we are about ready for qualifying to get underway.

Weather Report

One Racing’s Carlos Rodriguez is the first man out as qualifying officially gets underway.

As such, he sets the first time of the session.

Rodriguez’s time is good enough to hold off Horvath, Moinet and Karjalainen.

Even Greenhalgh is unable to beat the time. Perhaps he’s too busy thinking about what the future will hold for him after he retires at the end of this season to focus clearly.

Former VSM owner, Van Smirren, manages to put one over the former champion.

Legge, who is now racing for Snake, goes slowest so far.

Cartwright sets his lap, but will be slightly disappointed that he couldn’t use the pace of his SCR to the fullest to potentially go faster.

Rodriguez’s time has been beaten by Maverick.

Jalving puts in a good lap, which sees him slot into 6th.

Provisional pole position has changed again, as Nell sets a faster time than Maverick.

The first group of drivers have now completed their first run, so let’s check out the current standings.

The second group of drivers now come out for their first run, with Thomas the first driver out.

The Demon driver sets his time, which puts him into 8th.

Kederer will not be happy with how his lap went, as it’s the slowest time of the session so far.

Copeman delivers a really good lap to slot himself into 2nd.

The new reigning champion can only manage 8th fastest for now.

Elleker puts in a fast lap to go 2nd fastest. It seems that the return to Dunlop tyres is working out well for AMR.

Silvestre takes 8th fastest time.

Warrington puts his Greidanus GP into 5th.

Yet another provisional pole position change.

Pedersen isn’t able to match his teammate’s pace, and has to settle for 15th.

The time set by Kittleson is only good enough for him to slot into 20th. He won’t be happy with that.

A great lap from McCarthy sees the JHR driver slot into 4th.

All drivers have now completed their first run, so let’s take a look at the current standings again.

Maverick is first out for the first group’s second runs.

Cartwright’s second attempt is brought to an untimely halt by a Suspension Failure.

Legge manages to improve, but if he is to have any chance of scoring points, he’ll need luck to go his way during the race.

Van Smirren improves himself up into the top 10.

Jalving makes a big leap up the standings with his better laptime.

Kederer manages to improve, but it’s not enough for him to leave the last row.

Copeman now finds himself inside the top 5 after improving on his previous time.

Gilson is finally able to use the speed of his SCR to good effect as he improves himself up to 3rd.

Thomas improves up to 8th, but is still unable to match his teammates pace.

So near, yet so far for Elleker, who manages to improve up to 2nd.

Despite Kittleson managing to improve on his previous best time, it’s still not enough for him to leave the rear of the grid.

All drivers have now completed both of their laps, so let’s check out the final standings.

That’s it for the session. As mentioned previously, it was always going to be difficult to choose a potential candidate for pole. And that was certainly proved here today. But in the end, we got our pole sitter, and that’s all that matters. So congratulations Marcus De Bruyker and One Racing, our pole sitter for the season opener. We are definitely set for a cracker of a race tomorrow, so be sure to join us once again when we get set for the race start. We’ll see you all back here then.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
are you shitting me???

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Didn't get the setup as good as my teammate, hopefully I can match him in the race.
Why do we never have consistent qualifying's?! hot

Aim for the race is a double points finish.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

wow....not what i had hoped for! sorry boss!
Oh, for @#$%&'s sake...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
wtf happened to Tobi there? Must have been a really bad lap.

Though Van Smirren has a really good chance of points, the Shadow so far seems good in the races.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
Nice start to the season by the two AMR boys. Jack with a very creditable 2nd on the grid. Shame John couldn't improve on his 2nd run, but are very gettable from 10th on the grid. Well done guys.

Sterling job by Matthew on his debut for HiDef/AMR, excellent driving. Chris will bounce back very quickly, I'm certain, shame a few drivers felt it necessary to use him as an extra brake in the corners.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
GPGSL S10 R1 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne

Official Qualifying Results

It started so well and ended so badly. It cost me hard that I couldn't improve on my second run. 10th is not quite what I had hoped for. But at least the Dunlops seem to work and maybe we can gain a few places at the start.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Great stuff hopefully the Shadow team can do well for the race!
kedy89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> are you shitting me???

^ what a frigging joke of a session that was.

First race of the season and first qualifying as a full driver for One Racing Team...

... and I took Pole Position, Carlos 12th, it couldn't start better !!

My thanks goes to the mechanics and engineers for the setup of the car ... great job chaps. ;-)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
YYYEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!! First race, first pole! C'mon, guys!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Terrible for Tobi - Don't understand that one. Not bad effort from Rico to go top ten though

Hoping that Snake can do something better than this

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GPGSL: Snake Motorsport Test Driver for S10 (promoted to Race Driver from Monza Onwards)

GPGSL-3: Christel VXR Race Driver for S9
My race could have gone better, but the car has a good pace, and we're aiming high this season
Another mixed bag in quali.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
4th is a good start to the season, now the target is at least a podium finish for the race.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
After an quite good feature tester race I had my hopes up for this season, seems we are shooting for the top from far to way back again ....

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy