Sound Calibration at every start...and other little probs

Posted by Cosmic 
Sound Calibration at every start...and other little probs
Date: February 06, 2015 01:30PM
Posted by: Cosmic
Hi there,

every time I run GP4 (Laptop Edition from GP4 Central) the game wants to calibrate the Sound.
Also I have to load the config-file for my Steering Wheel.

Is there anything I can do to have These Options saved? The game asks if changes should be saved when exiting the game...but i doesn't save anything.

Also Replay-Length. It's set to 5mins, but when I want to view a replay in a race it lasts onyl 18s or so...

Help is appreciated :-)

Thx
have a look in your gp4 main folder after a f1gstate.bak and delete the file, then try again
raceheart schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> have a look in your gp4 main folder after a
> f1gstate.bak and delete the file, then try again

I did that, but still the same Problem. On every start it asks if I want to Auto configure the Sound.

Any other Suggestion?
To fix this problem, you have to start the game with GPxpatch, with debug mode enabled.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm always start the Game with GPXPatch in Debug Modus.

So this is not the cause. :-(
Strange because , deleting f1gstate or enabling debug mode are the only the 2 solutions known to fix this problem.
What is your OS and sound card?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I run on Windows7 (64 bit) with a Realtek High Definition Audio onboard Sound Card.
I'm running GP4 on Windows 7 64 bit with a SB xfi-gamer soundcard and gpxpatch and I'm prompted to callibrate the sound each time I run the game - it only takes a couple of clicks to sort it out so I just assume we have to live with it - If i remove the f1gstate it has no effect and if I run in debug mode the game stutters so that doesn't help - but as i said it's a minor hassle and the game still runs fine with creatives alchemy software installed
neilcaine écrivait:
> I'm running GP4 on Windows 7 64 bit with a SB
> xfi-gamer soundcard and gpxpatch and I'm prompted
> to callibrate the sound each time I run the game -
> it only takes a couple of clicks to sort it out so
> I just assume we have to live with it - If i
> remove the f1gstate it has no effect and if I run
> in debug mode the game stutters so that doesn't
> help - but as i said it's a minor hassle and the
> game still runs fine with creatives alchemy
> software installed

That's the same for me since I run GP4 on Windows 8.1. and yes it's only 1 click each time I start the game... not a real matter ;-)

rookie26 écrivait:
> I run on Windows7 (64 bit) with a Realtek High
> Definition Audio onboard Sound Card.

Same config than you and enable the debug mode solved this problem for me. Gp4 may have strange behaviours from a PC to another sometimes. Just in case, I set GP4.exe and GPxPatch.exe both in windows compatibility mode on windows XP (SP3) and run as administrator into the properties...

As the Guys before mentioned, it is not a big Issue. I'm still more than happy to Play this Game as it is.

@Excalibur: I have exactly the same Settings as you except of the Administrator Setting. I will try it as soon as possible and let you know.

Thx a lot for your Support.

Many Greetings
Hi!
I'm having the same problem as I changed the windows XP to seven, can you help me?

every time I run GP4 the game wants to calibrate the Sound :-(

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Just clic NO. Easy and costless.

If you click NO or YES, the message is shown... :(

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
It always comes up at every start for me to, but I just click no every time and it works perfectly

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy