GPGSL S10 - Team Launch Thread [Deadline sending cars & helmets: 1st of March 2015]

Posted by GPGSL 
It's red to me! And you have made a typo, either on the car or in the story ;) 'Defining' or 'Definition'

I must say I'm not a fan of gradients that run into the end of the mapping, like on the nose where the side goes over into the top part. And I think the logos could have been better adapted to the colors of the car.

I think however that the red color is a very nice change from the previous car! It's very refreshing for it :)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
It is more red, but with some orange gradients. It's not a Ferrari red either, though. And it's only the HDR car, and has absolutely no link to the AMR race car. AMR only allow us to paint our livery on their test car. That's about it.

@Ruben: The inside panels shall be white, so that's no mistake, but you're right that I forgot the outer panels at car 2. The white there looks too edgy. Thanks for the hint. I'll get that changed before I send you the files.

@Maikel: Don't forget that especially at the nose cone area, there are some hard shadows, too. The gradient isn't quite as huge as it appears there.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2015 04:06PM by JohnMaverick.
Like it John, but as Maikel pointed out, there are a few things that could be improved. The red sponsor logos on the nose for example could be seen better with a white outline. The rear end of the white stripe on top of the sidepods looks way better now, just the part at the air intakes looks a bit odd imo, maybe something like this to make it look smoother.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
I like it!

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
The font on the HD Racing logo seems a tad...tacky? Sort of feels like it's too stylized and it feels out of place with the rest of the car.

Also, are the flags supposed to be on opposite sides for Allington and Hinz? ;)

Seems like a decent livery, but I'm not all that keen personally.

You know guys, initially I didn't plan to repaint the car at all, then I did it anyway, but I never claimed the car was perfect ;) Plus, you've seen with Greg's initial race livery what happens when too many opinions clash together. I've long given up trying to fit any taste. That doesn't mean, however, that I'm resistant to constructive criticism. So I did a few changes that should fix most of the raised issues. Others are simply a matter of taste, like the HD Racing logo or the blue on Red scheme of the Monster Energy logo which I personally liked, but yet changed for the benefit of a rounder overall design. One way or another, that's how the car will be painted for Melbourne. Further changes won't happen.

Nice looking livery there John! I see the SAP logo (bain of my working life existence!!!) They were/are close to signing a little deal with DMR too! Hope they have the $$$ budget.....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
That logo was on the car last season already. So if they were negotiating with you for this season, they should have the budget ;-)

small changes with a big effect, love it :)

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Like the new car, not much changes but it does look nicer.

PS: Why is one of the rear wings painted as Domino's pizza and the other not?

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
Because that's the personal sponsors of the drivers. Chris' sponsor is ZF, Matthew's is Domino's pizza. If you have a look at last season's KFR and AMR, it was the same there.

Cool car, I like it (Y)

Now let's hope it's fast enough :-)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
JohnMaverick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That logo was on the car last season already. So
> if they were negotiating with you for this season,
> they should have the budget ;-)

SAP may just squeeze a small logo onto the car, despite the headaches it causes me in worklife! LOL

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
miki2000milos Wrote:
> I liked the green AMR tbh ;)

pretty sure it is only the test livery
To remind folks... ;)

JohnMaverick Wrote:
> only the HDR car, and has absolutely no link to
> the AMR race car. AMR only allow us to paint our
> livery on their test car. That's about it.

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Well, One Racing shows their layout for Season 10!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2015 02:07PM by Rod_vs.
@Rod_vs, you might want to replace the Pirelli logo with a Michelin logo if One Racing will be running on Michelin tyres in Season 10.

GPGSL memorial day

Just yesterday here in Interlagos we saw a race to remember, twenty-two teams and drivers from five differents seasons disputed a memorial race.
We were able to see some great pictures, Greenhalgh driving an AMR once again, four champions on the track at the same time, even Philip Oakley showed up to drive his season 1 Minardi for a last time.

That would've been a race to watch for sure. However, I looked closely at each car, and I don't seem to see a SCR in there. If it is, then I'm assuming it's Gilson in his championship winning Season 9 SCR?

Mullet345 Wrote:
> That would've been a race to watch for sure.
> However, I looked closely at each car, and I don't
> seem to see a SCR in there. If it is, then I'm
> assuming it's Gilson in his championship winning
> Season 9 SCR?

Yep, he was leading the race, thats why he didn't showed up on the pics

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy