Problem Downloading 1983 Mod [Up it for me please]

Posted by Benson_Jutton 
Problem Downloading 1983 Mod [Up it for me please]
Date: December 16, 2014 05:00PM
Posted by: Benson_Jutton
Greetings everyone. I am having trouble downloading the amazing 1983 mod from this link [www.box.net] it keeps crashing halfway through as with all the links on Box.net. I was wondering if it would possible for someone to upload it on another link in parts that are no larger than 50mb, making it easier to download with my slow as molasses dial up connection. I understand if it can't be done.
Thanks for everyone's help. It is much appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2014 04:54PM by mortal.
Re: Problem Downloading 1983 Mod
Date: December 17, 2014 11:04PM
I guess that's a no. Well thanks anyways, I appreciate everyone's help.
Date: December 18, 2014 07:18AM
Posted by: mortal
<Sarcasm mode off> It's only been one day, give everyone a break. Still using dial-up, it's almost 2015? Has to be as slow as maple syrup yes? :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 18, 2014 03:07PM
Sorry for my impatience. I think molasses is slower than maple syrup! Thanks for turning off your sarcasm mode mortal.
Date: December 19, 2014 07:31AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Don't worry fellow slow-internet user, I feel your pain.

Have you looked into using a download manager, such as IDM?

The full version of that requires a purchase - well worth it if you're going to use it often - but I think it also has a free trial.

Even if it doesn't dramatically help the download speed, it'll probably stop the download from timing-out half way through.
(And if it does time-out, IDM can usually refresh the link itself.)

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Thanks for the help Aus-Doug. I have been using free download manager, but I will give IDM a try.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Newyear!
Unfortunately IDM does not work either. The download keeps crashing halfway through, and it won't restart. Just like Free Download Manager.

Thanks for the help anyways.
Re: Problem Downloading 1983 Mod [Up it for me please]
Date: December 20, 2014 12:26AM
Posted by: quickslick
i've uploaded the mod for you in 52 mb parts, if it's ok for you.

Here's the zip with the links, the readme of the mod and a tweak data fix

[www73.zippyshare.com]
Re: Problem Downloading 1983 Mod [Up it for me please]
Date: December 20, 2014 05:23AM
Posted by: mortal
Nice work quickslick :-) You legend!

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Wowsers!:-o Thanks QuickSlick, it is more than O.K for me. You are truly a Superstar!(H)
Thanks for all of your help, I really appreciate it. I can't wait to download this really awesome mod.
Also a big thank-you to everyone who helped me on this thread.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year!(*)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy